Is Doug Pederson a top five coach?

Glen

6 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

The offense is 100% tailored to Aaron, that I won't argue. However to maximize what we have in Aaron I feel like that's how it should be. Way I see it McCarthy had the choice of either trying to build some sort of new offense to suit Hundley and teach the whole team, only to scrap it when Aaron came back, or try to fit the square peg in the round hole and hope Hundley won enough games to keep us in the race and he did. Unfortunately we played a really good team on the road and Aaron wasn't 100%.

Mac has never lost the team when most coaches do. We won the NFCN without Aaron in 2012, we start 6-0 and crash and burn to 4-6 only to win as underdogs in our first playoff game and then take an ARI team who absolutely destroyed us a few weeks earlier to OT in the Divisional game, then to start 4-6 and run the table and win 2 big playoff games, then this year up until the Carolina game that team played their butt off every week.

I'm not saying Pederson won't be better, but right now I'll take guys like Mac and Tomlin who I know will guide any talented team into the playoffs.

Our offense WAS tailored to Carson Wentz, but he went down and Pederson was able to return to the offense to a ridiculous level by adjusting it for Nick, where as the Packers offense with Brett Hundley was unimpressive. Aaron Rodgers has proven to be a top 10 QB of all time, and the team looked worse pretty much the whole time he was gone. Pederson was able to make due when his star QB went down. McCarthy has not. 

That's the key difference.

6 hours ago, TENINCH said:

The Vikings owners are pretty big fans of Zimmer. They aren't trading him for Pederson.

Keep telling yourself that. 

How many more times will Doug need to defecate on your team and coach circles around Zimmer until you will admit that he's absolutely a better coach? 2? 4?

I mean, these are two head coaches who also run their teams units with total autonomy. And Zimmer was not prepared for the cyclone that was Doug Pederson and his giant cojones.

14 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

How many more times will Doug need to defecate on your team and coach circles around Zimmer until you will admit that he's absolutely a better coach? 2? 4?

I mean, these are two head coaches who also run their teams units with total autonomy. And Zimmer was not prepared for the cyclone that was Doug Pederson and his giant cojones.

Shut your dumb mouth. You won a game over us....congrats. Still one of the worst teams historically in the NFL. Packers and Giants have beaten us better and with more class than the Eagles did.

1 hour ago, BAConrad said:

Seriously? 

Your team won, is your ego so fragile that a small comment like that set you off?

11 hours ago, BAConrad said:

The difference, for me, is I've seen Tomlin's team be successful when Ben has been out and I think he has more of a positive impact on his team.

Whereas McCarthy is 100% absolutely dependent on Rodgers.

I feel like this past season kind of reassured that notion

What year(s) has Tomlin not have Big Ben for half the season?

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Our offense WAS tailored to Carson Wentz, but he went down and Pederson was able to return to the offense to a ridiculous level by adjusting it for Nick, where as the Packers offense with Brett Hundley was unimpressive. Aaron Rodgers has proven to be a top 10 QB of all time, and the team looked worse pretty much the whole time he was gone. Pederson was able to make due when his star QB went down. McCarthy has not. 

That's the key difference.

If Foles had played as poorly as Hundley did you guys don't even make it to the SB.  Nick played great and it is a great story.  You can make the case that McCarthy erred in thinking/hoping he could do with Hundley like he did with Matt Flynn.  I suspect Hundley is one of those guys who looked decent enough at practice and in the preseason but once he was thrust into regular season games he was dreadful.  I don't want to see him in a regular season game again.  Had we had a functioning backup QB this past year who knows what would have happened.  

I'm frankly GLAD things went the way they did.  Perhaps now with a new GM, DC and healthy Rodgers 2018 will be a heck of a lot more fun for us Packers fans than 2017 was.

16 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Shut your dumb mouth. You won a game over us....congrats. Still one of the worst teams historically in the NFL. Packers and Giants have beaten us better and with more class than the Eagles did.

Then Kelce ask why everyone hates eagle fans. Lil man syndrome. 

11 minutes ago, Danger said:

BTW. Since Lurie bought the team in 1994, the Eagles have a .558 win percentage, which to put it in perspective would be Top 5 all time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_win–loss_records

Sure the Eagles have been a historically bad team, but not really in my life time LOL. By the way we also have something you don't.

usa-doug-pederson-lombardi-trophy.jpg?it

Later hater.

d272419bff4ec100d75eac6ce43dbe83c3a8ab5f

Archived