Venom

Acgott

Just now, Calvert28 said:

Plus your comment was that if Disney got a hold of it. You are basing your entire argument off of if.

Yeah, that's literally... Yeah.  I never claimed that wasn't exactly true.  It's literally why I said I hope it fails so that Disney COULD get the rights.  That's literally what my entire point was since the beginning of me making that comment.  

Sparta?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laconic_phrase

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Not really.  Sony made Spider-Man.  It failed.  They let Spider-Man become part of the MCU in order to save it.  Really not all that different, and if you didn't want to argue to be right, you'd agree that it's pretty similar.  If Venom failed, Sony wouldn't sit on it for ten years if they could let Disney use it.  This is easy to accept unless you're stubborn. 

Lol this is not a statement where you are saying you hope something is true. This statement sounds more like a matter of fact.

7 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Lol this is not a statement where you are saying you hope something is true. This statement sounds more like a matter of fact.

Lol.  Go back to what started the argument.  On page 7.  What the hell is wrong with you?  Let me make it very clear so that there is no confusion:

I said I want Venom to fail so that MCU can have all the cards in attaining Venom.  I said that on page 7.  Somebody else said that if Venom fails, we won't see the character for ten years.  I disagreed.  I used Spider-Man's failure and Disney's use of Spider-Man to show that Disney has no problem quickly resurrecting failed comic book characters.  You came into the discussion at about that point.  So I'll ask again... What's wrong with you? 

15 hours ago, Bianconero said:

You're not getting the point

Spider-Man is the biggest money-maker in comic-book history

Venom is a one-off villain who's height in popularity was the 90s

Youre seriously downplaying Venom.   He is one of Spidey's most well known and beloved villains.      

Do I think he should have his own solo movie?   Not really, but I do think he would be perfect as a standalone villain in a Spiderman movie if done right......not a 3rd act sideshow played by Eric Forman. 

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Youre seriously downplaying Venom.   He is one of Spidey's most well known and beloved villains.      

Do I think he should have his own solo movie?   Not really, but I do think he would be perfect as a standalone villain in a Spiderman movie if done right......not a 3rd act sideshow played by Eric Forman. 

I'm not; Venom is my favorite comic-book villain of all time

And yes, I agree that he shouldn't have his own solo movie right now so that's why if it flops, studios aren't going to be throwing almost a billion dollars to make a new Venom film anytime soon.

Anyone claiming a hard and fast on the future of Venom in any Movie Universe is being ridiculous.

If this movie is a hit, then they will for sure bring him into the fold with Spiderman, probably after another Venom story (vs Carnage probably), in what would be both of their 3rd films (Guardians/Avengers style).

If it doesnt make the money, but everyone Loves Hardy as Brock/Venom, they probably slide him in as one of the baddy's vs Spidey in his 3rd and possibly 4th film while not ever really referencing this solo film (alittle Hilk-ish)

And if this movie bombs, and Hardy's Brock is unbearable, they just completely scrap it, and let Disney slide a New Venom into the MCU where they see fit (like Spidey himself) 

7 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Lol.  Go back to what started the argument.  On page 7.  What the hell is wrong with you?  Let me make it very clear so that there is no confusion:

I said I want Venom to fail so that MCU can have all the cards in attaining Venom.  I said that on page 7.  Somebody else said that if Venom fails, we won't see the character for ten years.  I disagreed.  I used Spider-Man's failure and Disney's use of Spider-Man to show that Disney has no problem quickly resurrecting failed comic book characters.  You came into the discussion at about that point.  So I'll ask again... What's wrong with you? 

His whole point was them not rebooting the character with his own movie if this one bombs. You said not true, just look at Spider-Man and Joker. To which he basically retorted Venom is not as popular as either of those characters. Then you go on to make the statement that I quoted about above.

If Venom failed, Sony wouldn't sit on it for ten years if they could let Disney use it.

This is a statement that Sony would just let Disney use the character for royalty fees. No "strong possibility" or "very likely" scenario they would let Disney acquire it. To which I replied "if" they got it the whole thing would be based on a big "if" that Disney will even include him in the series considering the steps they took to try and work in Spider-Man a far more popular character.

My whole point with your statement is that you are under the assumption that it's basically a done deal if Venom fails, or the only other option Sony would have is to just let Disney have the rights to reboot it. To add to that, what I was trying to point out with Disney and Sony. Is that even if Sony holds all the rights, Disney if Venom fails will basically hold all the cards. What if Venom fails and Sony wants a larger royalty share in the Spiderman series with Venom to recoup losses or w/e and Disney decides its too much and goes another route. Like another Green Goblin, or even more so Carnage as a Venom like replacement who may be cheaper to acquire? You said MCU lacks great villains and I agree with you there. And maybe Disney does too, thus decides to go a more savage route with Spider Man's villains that just pushes him to his breaking point. Carnage would be perfect to suit that role. Plus to expand on that,  unless they are seriously deciding to make more then 3 movies for Spider-Man, Carnage would be a better option then Venom if he came cheaper. Not to mention 2 symbiote villains would be overkill even to a fanbase as big as Spider-Man's considering not a whole lot of casual fans know in depth about all of these villains. It would be redundant. Venom getting a reboot if he bombs is not as solid to happen with Disney considering how many good villains Spider-Man has.

That's your own fault.  From the very beginning, my entire argument was that we would, in fact, see the character again within ten years if this movie fails.  And we will.  Anything else you want to argue you go ahead and argue.  Just do it with yourself. 

13 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

That's your own fault.  From the very beginning, my entire argument was that we would, in fact, see the character again within ten years if this movie fails.  And we will.  Anything else you want to argue you go ahead and argue.  Just do it with yourself. 

lol sure keep the faith kid.

lol sure keep the faith kid.

You're kinda being a little bit of an ahole, you know that?  I'm not trying to back out of what I stated or change my argument in any way.  You wanted me to be wrong on something I wasn't arguing.  Ever.  You are trying to dictate what I was saying to win an argument that I was never in.  So you really are just kinda being a massive ahole, and this isn't the first time.  So... How about you just quit quoting me because I don't want the notification?  Could you do that for me? 

13 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

You're kinda being a little bit of an ahole, you know that?  I'm not trying to back out of what I stated or change my argument in any way.  You wanted me to be wrong on something I wasn't arguing.  Ever.  You are trying to dictate what I was saying to win an argument that I was never in.  So you really are just kinda being a massive ahole, and this isn't the first time.  So... How about you just quit quoting me because I don't want the notification?  Could you do that for me? 

Yea because you yourself have never thrown insults, taken a hostile position, or belittled anyone such as if they don't see it from your point of view then their "stubborn".

I was debating the topic at hand and the likelyhood that we would see Venom in a Disney production. Something which you had no interest in it seems because to gather a quote from you.

Really not all that different, and if you didn't want to argue to be right, you'd agree that it's pretty similar.  If Venom failed, Sony wouldn't sit on it for ten years if they could let Disney use it.  This is easy to accept unless you're stubborn.

The first part in bold seems that it can be applied to the conversation you were having with him which if anything contradicts you, considering you went on to make the 2nd statement in bold. The only person being rude in this thread is you buddy. I was just saying you are getting your hopes up over a big "if" then go on to explain myself.

But you got it. Wont quote you again just take a piece of your own advice.

Yea because you yourself have never thrown insults, taken a hostile position, or belittled anyone such as if they don't see it from your point of view then their "stubborn".

I'm turning over a new leaf.  Let's be friends. 

• 1 month later...

Just rewatching the trailer of this. They call the bad guy Carlton Drake but for some reason I keep thinking he has some sort of connection with Homecoming Flash. Not just because hes Indian. But I keep wondering if they are wanting to make a statement. Probably nothing really but for some reason just seemed like 2 dots connected there. 

• 2 months later...

Archived