Venom

Acgott

7 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Didnt mean to go off topic, but bottom line.....I get what he is saying.

Oh, I understand what he is saying, in general. But things like Deadpool and Logan are not your typical CB/SH movies. They have transcended that genre, and those are always movies I can get behind.

If you want to ignore the majority of DC until they right the ship, I get that. They are the same type of paint by numbers stories that most of the MCU is doing, just without the background to hold them up. And even some movies that I loved, Spider-man: Homecoming, fall into that category. I think it had enough John Hughes to feel different, but it as alot of the same as well. 

Now this movie, after watching this trailer, has a chance to be something different. Hardy does not disappoint for me, ever. And it seems like they may fully be steering into the Body-Horror element of Venom. The mental fight Eddie Brock has to have, and possibly completely losing himself.

Again, they completely flubbed the first teaser, and now seeing they are actually using the "WE" for venom, the simple teaser I described a page back would have been perfect. I hope they can pull out of the nose-dive, and eventually wrap this into their Holland/Spider-man movies.

Yep, 43 hit the nail right on the head.  MCU movies are extremely formulaic, but it's about the investment I have in that universe and those characters. 

I'm not going to be invested in Hardy's venom unless Hardy's Venom enters the MCU and becomes a part of that larger world.  I might see it eventually, just like I'll eventually see Deadpool, but MCU has ruined superhero movies for these reasons.  Both of them have an outside shot at joining the MCU, so we'll see what happens.

Trailer looked like a movie that missed out on any heart. 

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Yep, 43 hit the nail right on the head.  MCU movies are extremely formulaic, but it's about the investment I have in that universe and those characters. 

I'm not going to be invested in Hardy's venom unless Hardy's Venom enters the MCU and becomes a part of that larger world.  I might see it eventually, just like I'll eventually see Deadpool, but MCU has ruined superhero movies for these reasons.  Both of them have an outside shot at joining the MCU, so we'll see what happens.

Trailer looked like a movie that missed out on any heart. 

You...haven't watched Deadpool yet?

Dude.

G0r9E.gif

13 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I watched the first 15 minutes of Deadpool on a plane and turned it off.  

Not a fan of the Deadpool character (don't know how that could be possible) or not a fan of the first 15 minutes of the movie?

33 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

What CGI in the trailer. They barely showed anything. 

The only things we got to see was the Symbiote in action. And when he actually turns into Venom, it looked great.

I guess maybe you could say it wasnt the best when the symbiote was fighting and stuff, but I doubt its the final render.

Archived