Ramsfan24 Second Mock Offseason

RamsFan24

Released

WR/RB Tavon Austin
ILB Mark Barron

This one is hard because honesty I still really like both of these two. Tavon isn't worth the money once so ever. Mark actually played well this past season. But I feel that the Rams will add an natural Inside backer in his place.

Re-Sign/Extend

DT Aaron Donald / OG Rodger Saffold

S LaMarcus Joyner
WR Sammy Watkins 
CB Nickell Robey-Coleman 
C John Sullivan
S Cody Davis
OLB Matt Longacre
CB Troy Hill
HB Malcolm Brown
DT Tyrunn Walker
LS Jake McQuaide

This off-sason has a lot of tuff decisions to deal with. The Rams decide to lock up Sammy, LaMarcus, John, Nickell and etc... I just don't see them being able to lock everyone of their  free agents. So Trumaine Johnson isn't retained, I believe a team that is loaded with money will pay him top dollar like Cleveland, which is where I believe Mark will also end up. Bringing back LaMarcus and Nikell will still give us an talented secondary with just a few holes in it.

Free Agency

CB Aqib Talib
ILB Navarro Bowman

Yes Wades defense just got an little nastier, with some much needed veteran leadership. Aqib will come in and be the leader in the secondary. While Bowman will be the much needed Thumper in the middle that we have been missing for quite a while.

***Trade Alert***
Rams -

Trade Round 1 Pick #23 and Round 6 Pick #23
Browns-

Trade Round 2 Pick #3 and Round 3 Pick #1

Browns are loaded with picks this year so they decide to be aggressive and make some moves to get top tier talent on their roster.

NFL Draft

Round 2 Pick #3 - Isiaiah Oliver, DB, Colorado
Round 3 Pick #1 - Tim Settle, NT, Virginia Tech
Round 3 Pick #23 - Lorenzo Carter, OLB, Georgia 
Round 4 Pick #23 - Brandon Parker, OT, North Carolina A&M
Round 5 Pick #23- Micah Kiser, ILB, Virginia 
Round 6 Pick #20 Bo Scarborough, RB, Alabama
Round 6 Pick #21 Colby Gossett, OG, Appalachian State

Projected Starters
QB: Jared Goff
HB: Todd Gurley
XWR: Sammy Watkins 
ZWR: Robert Woods
SLWR: Cooper Kupp
TE: Gerald Everett
LT: Andrew Whitworth
LG: Rodger Saffold
C: John Sullivan
RG: Jamon Brown
RT: Rob Havenstein

SDE: Michael Brockers
NT: Tim Settle 
DT: Aaron Donald
WOLB: Robert Quinn
WILB: Alec Ogletree
SILB: Navarro Bowman  /  Micah Kiser 
SOLB: Lorenzo Carter 
LCB: Aqib Talib
RCB: Isiaiah Oliver / Kayvon Webster 
SLCB: Nickell Robey-Coleman
FS: LaMarcus Joyner
SS: John Johnson III

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: Johnny Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide

I really feel that with this off-eason that the Rams would be in the driver' seat to win the West again. We would improve our run defense, add more pass rushing ability and strengthn up the backend. On offense we would add some young depth and complete continuity for the #1 scoring offense. Having Sammy for an complete off-season should do wonders for the team.

Big fan of this mock. I've also considered a trade down with the Browns to grab an extra pick. The guys you took in the draft are all guys I've been keying in on. All in all I would be very happy heading into next year like this. Good work!

7 hours ago, RamsFan24 said:

Round 6 Pick #20 Bo Scarborough, RB, Alabama

Like alot of what you are doing in this mock, I just have no want for Bo.

I dont think he is going to be that good as a pro (Derrick Henrey he is not), and honestly I think going after a RB in the draft with just about any pick, even a 6th rounder, is sort of a waste for this team. Its all Gurley, and we really dont even need a 2nd guy. The two we have under team control and whatever is left out there as UDFA to bring into camp are all the backup we need at this point.

34 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I dont think he is going to be that good as a pro (Derrick Henrey he is not), and honestly I think going after a RB in the draft with just about any pick, even a 6th rounder, is sort of a waste for this team. Its all Gurley, and we really dont even need a 2nd guy. The two we have under team control and whatever is left out there as UDFA to bring into camp are all the backup we need at this point.

I actually think adding another back would be good later in the draft. Gurley is still young, but got a lot of touches this year. He had the advantage of sitting out 4 entire second halves and 1 whole game that kept him fresh, but he might not be that lucky in the future. A change of pace or additional power back would be a solid investment IMO, but later in the draft.

33 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I actually think adding another back would be good later in the draft. Gurley is still young, but got a lot of touches this year. He had the advantage of sitting out 4 entire second halves and 1 whole game that kept him fresh, but he might not be that lucky in the future. A change of pace or additional power back would be a solid investment IMO, but later in the draft.

With Brown and Davis I think we are just fine. And if you think this team is only getting better, then Gurley should have the same type of opportunities to rest.

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

With Brown and Davis I think we are just fine. And if you think this team is only getting better, then Gurley should have the same type of opportunities to rest.

I mean I'd prefer to be more than fine cause if god forbid Gurley goes down we would be SOL with those two. If you look at some of the other playoff teams, they have quality backups at the position. Plus Gurley admitted he won't stop jumping over people lol 5-7th round RB is still a very talented player vs a flyer on CB/LB that might not even make the team. But that's just my opinion. Not saying Bo has to be the pick, but a RB that fell would be a nice addition.

Murray/McKinnon

Ajayai/Blount/Clements

Murray/Henry

Leveon/Connor

Freeman/coleman

kamara/ingram

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

Hey man, yeah I totally understand your point of view. This pick is just a security pick just in case of injury to Gurley are something. With us losing Tavon, I just decided to give Malcolm Brown some competition. But also grabbing a bigger more powerful back in Bo. What I do like about him is that he bounces off of tacklers, and has some acceleration and speed for his size.

30 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I mean I'd prefer to be more than fine cause if god forbid Gurley goes down we would be SOL with those two. If you look at some of the other playoff teams, they have quality backups at the position. Plus Gurley admitted he won't stop jumping over people lol 5-7th round RB is still a very talented player vs a flyer on CB/LB that might not even make the team. But that's just my opinion. Not saying Bo has to be the pick, but a RB that fell would be a nice addition.

If Gurley goes down we arent the same team, we just arent. We arent going to have a backup like him. Our offensive philosophy completely shifts to Goff and Brown/Davis would be plenty serviceable in that role (i.e. a late round draft pick probably isnt playing any better)

Watch this;

30 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Murray Free Agent/McKinnon 3rd Round

Ajayai Trade/Blount Free Agent/Clements Undrafted

Murray Free Agent/Henry 2nd Round

Leveon 2nd Round/Connor 3rd Round

Freeman 4th Round/coleman 3rd Round

kamara 3rd Round/ingram 1st Round

Of all the guys you just listed, only two of them were obtained by that team through the draft with less than a 3rd round pick. And one of those was an UDFA like I suggested. It is not as easy as it sounds. I dont see how you can say a RB selected in the 6th has any better chance to make the roster than a 6th round CB or LB or OL or anyone? If anything there are more spots on the roster for those guys than the 2 or 3 RBs that stick on rosters.

The idea that you can find a RB ANYWHERE in the draft has gotten so blown out of proportion. Sure you dont need to spend a 1st rounder on them (although the Elite guys in the past 4 drafts are starting to say otherwise) but all the other guys are 2nd and 3rd rounders, not 6th and 7th rounders

3 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

If Gurley goes down we arent the same team, we just arent. We arent going to have a backup like him. Our offensive philosophy completely shifts to Goff and Brown/Davis would be plenty serviceable in that role (i.e. a late round draft pick probably isnt playing any better)

Watch this;

Of all the guys you just listed, only two of them were obtained by that team through the draft with less than a 3rd round pick. And one of those was an UDFA like I suggested. It is not as easy as it sounds. I dont see how you can say a RB selected in the 6th has any better chance to make the roster than a 6th round CB or LB or OL or anyone? If anything there are more spots on the roster for those guys than the 2 or 3 RBs that stick on rosters.

The idea that you can find a RB ANYWHERE in the draft has gotten so blown out of proportion. Sure you dont need to spend a 1st rounder on them (although the Elite guys in the past 4 drafts are starting to say otherwise) but all the other guys are 2nd and 3rd rounders, not 6th and 7th rounders

Great response. Well constructed and thought out. Counterpoints for everything.

Still would take a flyer on a late round RB given Gurley's workload this year and his approach to not pulling back on hurdling. (So many games where I saw him go up and went "OMG this could be bad", but popped right back up.)Just like I would with a late round QB. I want to see what McVay can do with "luxury" picks. Drafting a back up RB and a back up QB when you have entrenched started constitute luxury options and I think McVay/Snead can find some gems rather than being forced to take skill positions like last year cause the cupboard was pretty bare. Again, just want I would like to see. I do not want to see an entire draft spent on Defense. Give McVay a chance to draft a RB or QB to tinker with. He earned it.

Archived