2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

The problem with focusing on one cornerback which we really want to sign is that all the other cornerbacks we might be interested in aren't going to be waiting around. So the longer this goes on the more of the other corners that will get snatched up by other teams.

We better get it done quickly or move on to make sure we get a solid 2nd tier receiver.

Just now, deltarich87 said:

Ugh

GB gonna have to fork over a TON to overpay Trumaine. That doesn't sound appealing but GB's CB's are unappealing so *shrugs*

This deal doesn't seem that crazy.  3 years, 30 mil GTD, slight premium over Breeland.

Johnson should command 14+, but we knew that

Just now, Gopackgonerd said:

Welp, if we don't sign Trumaine, think we're triple dipping in the draft with our fishing line.

I would certainly hope there is a better plan in place than that... if thats the route we take I will change my stance on the Browns trade. 

Gotta set up a trade for somebody if we cant get Tru

2 minutes ago, Chili said:

The problem with focusing on one cornerback which we really want to sign is that all the other cornerbacks we might be interested in aren't going to be waiting around. So the longer this goes on the more of the other corners that will get snatched up by other teams.

We better get it done quickly or move on to make sure we get a solid 2nd tier receiver.

They must really like their chances. It wouldn't make sense to focus on just one guy unless you believe you can get him. 

I guess we'll find out within the next 24 hours....

Just now, packerrfan74 said:

I would certainly hope there is a better plan in place than that... if thats the route we take I will change my stance on the Browns trade. 

Gotta set up a trade for somebody if we cant get Tru

It would just be so odd if they didn't have a plan before trading Randall. If they don't, that trade is silly af.

Am I mistaken or is the GB interest in Trumaine Johnson based solely on the Acme Packing Company site reporting it. That’s the only place I’ve read it, and any other media talking about it reference the article from that same site. Not convinced GB has any real interest in what will undoubtedly be an enormously bloated contract.

Just now, Gopackgonerd said:

It would just be so odd if they didn't have a plan before trading Randall. If they don't, that trade is silly af.

Yup, couldn't agree more. The numbers on all the CBs signing makes it that much more frustrating. Those aren't cap breaking deals

Just now, Sterling84 said:

Am I mistaken or is the GB interest in Trumaine Johnson based solely on the Acme Packing Company site reporting it. That’s the only place I’ve read it, and any other media talking about it reference the article from that same site. Not convinced GB has any real interest in what will undoubtedly be an enormously bloated contract.

How much interest did you hear about us having in Jimmy Graham? We're hush hush.

It's all speculation

Archived