2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

All Mathieu’s release does is hurts Burnett’s market. So it could help him coming back. I doubt GB is interested, heck if they want that “guy” they will just use the picks they got from the browns to trade up to insure they get Derwin James... much healthier for their cap at this point.

if people want FAs now, they should all be pressuring Rodgers to resign to free up space.

3 minutes ago, BrettFavre004 said:

We just signed someone else who signed a 5 year 85 million contract 2 years ago.  Should we double down on someone who signed a 5 year 62.5 million contract 2 years ago?

I'll take back Burnett for cheap, James Jones was also trying to get us to resign him as well, lots of respect.

2 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

You guys still interested in him at a bigger contract then what AZ is releasing him from? Apparently that's what his agents / him think he can get.

It's almost like I told you this the other day :)

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

It's almost like I told you this the other day :)

You would think if that was the rest of the leagues thoughts about what he could get on the open market then interested teams would have just traded for him and took on that current contract. :/

Just now, Nick_gb said:

You would think if that was the rest of the leagues thoughts about what he could get on the open market then interested teams would have just traded for him and took on that current contract. :/

Why do that and give up a pick when you know ARI is desperate to move him? Waiting game. 

Just now, packerrfan74 said:

Why do that and give up a pick when you know ARI is desperate to move him? Waiting game. 

I mean if they're desperate to move him and no one's biting, I'm sure Arizona would take a late round pick (Which I'd give up any day) knowing you get your guy on a better deal for your team. jmo *Shrugs*

2 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Very true. It happens every once in a while though

1 minute ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Very true. It happens every once in a while though

Oh certainly bro. No doubt about that. That'll be a market I'm interested in watching. It'll be interesting to see if all this shying away from talking about Dez and his contract from the Dallas camp ends up in his release today too.

Archived