2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

27 minutes ago, tredpack said:

What were those comments? Just did a quick Google search couldn't find anything. Don't need proof, just asking for a quick summary. 

I want Sitton back. I know HZ wants us to draft Nelson, but Sitton would free up some stress on the right side of our line. Cohesion!

He didn't really say much to GB reporters after the game when they asked him about coming back, before hand they asked if he was going to make an effort to see anyone in particular and he just said "I'll see them on the field." Very different from Lang returning, I was at that game he was talking and hugging everyone.

Just now, ugLymayNe said:

2018, where fans get pissed off that NFL players believe in themselves & their athletic ability.

For the record, I'm not upset about what Sitton said.  I totally get it and I don't think it was stupid or bad of him to say that.  I'm just saying that if Sitton wanted to be taken seriously by fans and teams, that's what he should have said. 

1 hour ago, tredpack said:
14 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Interest on my end? Sure. Interest on Sitton's end? Probably not. We served him a massive slice of humble pie. Judging by his comments after last year's game, he's not over it.

What were those comments? Just did a quick Google search couldn't find anything. Don't need proof, just asking for a quick summary. 

I want Sitton back. I know HZ wants us to draft Nelson, but Sitton would free up some stress on the right side of our line. Cohesion!

This is such a good comment. I wish I could like more than once

Except Sitton is old and banged up. We let him go for a reason and it was more than just his issues in the lockeroom. If anything, those particular issues were the straw that broke the camel's back. Move on guys...

I don’t know where else to post this but I want no part of any trade that involves acquiring Marcus Peters. If we gave up #14 for him I’d lose my mind. There’s a reason why KC is willing to part with him before he cashes in and it’s because the problems he brings with him won’t be worth his salary in any way shape or form. I can’t believe I see any interest in all for him from people who aren’t casuals on Facebook sharing poorly written rumor articles. 

1 hour ago, Rodjahs12 said:

I don’t know where else to post this but I want no part of any trade that involves acquiring Marcus Peters. If we gave up #14 for him I’d lose my mind. There’s a reason why KC is willing to part with him before he cashes in and it’s because the problems he brings with him won’t be worth his salary in any way shape or form. I can’t believe I see any interest in all for him from people who aren’t casuals on Facebook sharing poorly written rumor articles. 

How about a 3rd round pick?

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

How about a 3rd round pick?

Still no. He’s going to be too expensive to keep after a new deal and I don’t want a guy like that leading a bunch of young corners. Especially when those young corners (King,Randall) have some questionable personalities of their own. 

Just now, Rodjahs12 said:

Still no. He’s going to be too expensive to keep after a new deal and I don’t want a guy like that leading a bunch of young corners. Especially when those young corners (King,Randall) have some questionable personalities of their own. 

Lol.  You wouldn't give up a third round pick for Marcus Peters?  Lol.  I lol at that.  I don't care if he literally tells Randall and King to pick up a flag and throw it into the stands every time they get flagged and they actually do it, I'd send a third round pick for Peters so fast the NFL trade office would get whiplash.  If King and Randall developed bad habits, I'd cut them and still be thankful I got Marcus Peters for a third round pick. 

Seriously.  Randall is 7 months younger than Peters.  Peters is not having some kind of role model impact on Randall.  Peters is only three years older than King.  We're not talking Aqib Talib 30 year old veteran impacting their lives here.  We're talking about a 3 year difference and a 7 month difference, and Peters hasn't even done anything horrible as a person. 

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

Lol.  You wouldn't give up a third round pick for Marcus Peters?  Lol.  I lol at that. 

Yeah I get it you’re incredibly condescending in every conversation you disagree with someone in try not laying it on so thick in the future and maybe I’ll care to engage your long winded rhetoric more often.

Yeah I get it you’re incredibly condescending in every conversation you disagree with someone in try not laying it on so thick in the future and maybe I’ll care to engage your long winded rhetoric more often.

Not every conversation.  Only the ones like this where somebody wouldn't give up a third round pick for a 25-year-old corner who just turned 25, is a two time pro bowl player, one time all pro, one time second team all pro with 19 interceptions in three seasons.

Condescending or not, not giving up a third round pick for that player is lolable. 

4 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Not every conversation.  Only the ones like this where somebody wouldn't give up a third round pick for a 25-year-old corner who just turned 25, is a two time pro bowl player, one time all pro, one time second team all pro with 19 interceptions in three seasons.

Condescending or not, not giving up a third round pick for that player is lolable. 

You’re not giving up that pick just for Peters. You’re giving up that pick for a massive contract to a guy I feel  is overrated thanks to his bulk INT numbers. He has some incredible games mixed in with some very average ones and some outright bad ones. I’m not comfortable giving up picks in the top 100 for guys who will cost a fortune before they prove anything on this roster and could just as easily poison the players around him as Talib has. If that’s so crazy commit me then.

Marcus Peters is overrated because he gets too many interceptions, everybody.

Who else are we paying the money to?  We have 70 million dollars next year once Cobb leaves.  Who do we have to pay?  Rodgers and who?  Not wanting an elite player added to this team because he's going to have a big contract makes no sense, ESPECIALLY considering you're one of the people who ranted about Thompson's draft and develop for so long. 

Guess what.  Good players cost good money.  Elite players cost more.  Peters is an elite player.  He has had literally one single week of bad behavior, and then nothing for the rest of the season.  He's not cheap shotting players, he's not hitting women or children.  He threw a flag and got into an argument with a coach.  If that was enough to keep a player from Green Bay, Woodson never would have signed here.

Not sending a second round pick is a questionable mentality.  Not being willing to send a third round pick is something else entirely.

He’s overrated because when he’s not picking off passes hes frequently getting burned and letting it bother him enough to affect him throughout the rest of entire games. If you don’t believe me ask some of the KC fans on this site. He’s not that great. Whether you agree or not. 

He’s overrated because when he’s not picking off passes hes frequently getting burned and letting it bother him enough to affect him throughout the rest of entire games. If you don’t believe me ask some of the KC fans on this site. He’s not that great. Whether you agree or not. 

85 grade from PFF.  He's that great.  If you feel otherwise, provide more than:

1. He's overrated because he gets too many interceptions.
2. Ask Chiefs fans.

Archived