2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

Just now, MantyWrestler said:

What is the story with Eli Apple? Never heard the background with him. Off field issues,  psychological or what? Thought he had some real talent. 

If we just traded Randall...

As far as DRC, the Giants are moving him to safety if they do keep him.  He just turned 31, but if we thought he could play more corner, I'd sign him.  I'd sign anybody that's actually had three or more interceptions in their career at this point.  Up to 35 years old. 

15 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

I’m probably in the minority but I’d probably not restructure them.

-There is a culture factor (pay cutting is bad for a locker room).

Then there is the fact Clay, Cobb, and Nelson are overpaid but are still solid players and aren’t massively overpaid (Clay being a rusher would probably get an incentive based 2 year 20m prove it deal, Cobb like 2-15 and Jordy would get maybe like a 1 year 7m).

-They are all also all on the final years of their deal, so there is value in flexibility.

-Our 2019 free agent class (2015 draft class) will be cheap. We will are scheduled (before AR’s pay bump) to have 60m in cap room next year. We’d be cutting cap without any core players to resign 

-I don’t like the idea of cutting our vets with question marks to make room for other teams vets with questions.

I think you're right there is culture factor, but...if Nelson is restructured/extended that is reasonable.  Bulaga would be an injury release, and Cobb has already been overpaid very early in his career, so I don't think those moves look bad.  

Adding veterans who could be pro bowl players in this offense without making any major financial commitments to them is a low risk/high reward move.  Would make Rodgers very happy too.

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

You could always block me.  It's as easy as hovering over the part where it says "WaitWhat," then clicking "Ignore User," then click the "Posts," "messages," and "mentions" boxes before clicking on "update preferences."  I did all that in less than ten seconds, so it's a pretty quick and simple process.  You'll be amazed. 

As a long time teacher, I've learned that people come in lots of different "flavors." And I've learned to love that variety. How dull the world would be if we were all exactly the same. How dull would this site be if everybody agreed on every last detail, if everyone reacted the same way to what's happening. When one blocks a poster, your world becomes a little less colorful, a little less textured, and a little more blah. Argue, laugh, cry, let off steam, agree to disagree, but most of all learn to enjoy each other. Peace.

21 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

If we just traded Randall...

As far as DRC, the Giants are moving him to safety if they do keep him.  He just turned 31, but if we thought he could play more corner, I'd sign him.  I'd sign anybody that's actually had three or more interceptions in their career at this point.  Up to 35 years old. 

So what’s his story though?

Archived