2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

2 minutes ago, LacyIsGood said:

I see him as the WR/RB hybrid.  Instantly upgrades the athleticism on offense.

Okay but I'm not a big proponent of this WR as RB concept. To move them out and expose coverages? Fine. But to hand them the ball and let DTs and LBs pound on them? I think the risk outweighs the reward. Monty's about as stout as they come and he gets pounded onto the sideline every season. Austin? Last I thought of / remembered the dude - he's far from stout.

I'll use a car analogy as far as FA goes since HtZ has started the trend of using transportation vessels as football analogies.  

The Packers are currently parked on the side of the road with steam flying out from under the hood as someone pulls over and yells "hey your right front tire is low on air pressure!" That's what people coming in here and talking about offensive FAs sound like to me. Lets fix the fact that our team can't go anywhere but back to the cellar with Josh Hawkins and Lenzy Pipkins as a starting CB before we spend money on some niche weapons for Aaron that might make us score 33 pts per game instead of 31.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Okay but I'm not a big proponent of this WR as RB concept. To move them out and expose coverages? Fine. But to hand them the ball and let DTs and LBs pound on them? I think the risk outweighs the reward. Monty's about as stout as they come and he gets pounded onto the sideline every season. Austin? Last I thought of / remembered the dude - he's far from stout.

I could see him being used in misdirections, etc. the way Aglohor works for Philly.  Or exposing LB coverage as a RB.

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'll use a car analogy as far as FA goes since HtZ has started the trend of using transportation vessels as football analogies.  

The Packers are currently parked on the side of the road with steam flying out from under the hood as someone pulls over and yells "hey your right front tire is low on air pressure!" That's what people coming in here and talking about offensive FAs sound like to me. Lets fix the fact that our team can't go anywhere but back to the cellar with Josh Hawkins and Lenzy Pipkins as a starting CB before we spend money on some niche weapons for Aaron that might make us score 33 pts per game instead of 31.

Cant wait for the steam powered railroad engines scenarios :)

Thinking critically about who might actually come to GB:

Aaron Colvin (the one from the upper-echelon list that I think could come, DRC I think will get other offers and won't want to play in GB, Johnson will be priced out).  

Rashaan Melvin (Hitting the market because the colts don't want to pay for 2017 season, injury history) But Melvin altered the way the Colts played last season, had him basically shadowing teams number 1, and had 3 picks in 11 games (freak hand injury limited his snaps). 

Revis (Pettine connection, won't break the bank, may not be fielding many offers, will have utility on this squad because of the defense).

The kicker: IF Arizona lets go of Mathieu I think he could be one guy I would lose all rationality over and just dream about... Closest thing to Woody in a long, long time.

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

If the Packers sign Mathieu I'd stick around even if we drafted a guard or receiver in one.  The Packers are not signing Mathieu. 

I don't know. With this post? They may. I heard the Packers make their moves based on whether you stay or go.

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

If the Packers sign Mathieu I'd stick around even if we drafted a guard or receiver in one.  The Packers are not signing Mathieu. 

Isnt Josh Jones (formerly....maybe still in the future.... Burnett) kinda like the Packer evolution of Mathieu's responsibility?
Dont know - but the dude's got some serious knee issues.

5 minutes ago, oldmansmell said:

Thinking critically about who might actually come to GB:

Aaron Colvin (the one from the upper-echelon list that I think could come, DRC I think will get other offers and won't want to play in GB, Johnson will be priced out).  

Rashaan Melvin (Hitting the market because the colts don't want to pay for 2017 season, injury history) But Melvin altered the way the Colts played last season, had him basically shadowing teams number 1, and had 3 picks in 11 games (freak hand injury limited his snaps). 

Revis (Pettine connection, won't break the bank, may not be fielding many offers, will have utility on this squad because of the defense).

The kicker: IF Arizona lets go of Mathieu I think he could be one guy I would lose all rationality over and just dream about... Closest thing to Woody in a long, long time.

Nagler has talked alot about Colvin. For whats thats worth. He sees value in him.

2 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Pack showing interest in Graham

I VERY MUCH value the positional role in our system - but I'd rather not on this guy cause he'll chew up a ton of our cash for what I consider limited return - or one that cant be (dare I use the term again?) replaced by another FA (at this stage). Doubt a Rookie could out stat Graham at this point.

Archived