Alex Smith seems like a steal now with these new QB contracts

Vladimir L

25 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Let me rephrase.  Do you think its reasonable to expect a 34 year old QB that's been in the NFL 12 years to repeat or perform better than the best season he's ever had?

Yes because Alex Smith is still in his prime and he’s been trending upward in his play. Hes one of most physically gifted Qbs in the NFL. He’s not an old 34 like Donovan McNabb was when he was here. 

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Like a blip on a radar.  He's saying that 2017 was not a progression, but a statistical abnormality for Smith.  

This ^^^

@turtle28 you asked if last year doesn't count? Of course it counts. Its part of the NFL record. My point is that when examining those two sets of numbers, what can you predict the next number to be based upon the set of numbers and how they showed up?

5 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

This ^^^

@turtle28 you asked if last year doesn't count? Of course it counts. Its part of the NFL record. My point is that when examining those two sets of numbers, what can you predict the next number to be based upon the set of numbers and how they showed up?

Asked and answered 

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

No. You didn't answer my question. Predict the next number in each series based upon the previous numbers listed.

So in both sequences, what will the next number will be....?

Im not doing that exercise because I don’t care and it’s pointless.

25 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

LOL.... You actually ARE doing that exercise every time you keep telling us that Alex Smith's lone 2017 season means he will be even better this year. 

That’s different, I actually enjoy doing statistical predictions on the teams I care about and hope the players stay healthy and play up to my hopes. Numbers otherwise bore the crap out of me and I don’t care.

56 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

That’s different, I actually enjoy doing statistical predictions on the teams I care about and hope the players stay healthy and play up to my hopes. Numbers otherwise bore the crap out of me and I don’t care.

Yes u win turtle !!!!!! 

I agree on a serious note can we focus more on what smith can do . Like cousins is leaving lol he didn't get the job done he's had 4 years including 2014. We made the playoffs from a weak 2015 schedule . A bit surprised some are proud to say cousins is gone and backing him up. When smith wants to be here and is a class act . He didn't complain about getting benched for Kap instead he stayed positive .

2 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

It's like we could of traded for Brady or brees . And some would say " well look who the coach was and look how much yards cousins has compared to Brady and Brees first three years ".

Some people just see things differently, I guess. But I hear ya, Dash....

Some feel we gave up a 3rd, Darrell Green & 91M for QB Steve Bono

I see it as a 3rd, a nickel corner & 91M for 1st rd #1 overall pick Alex Smith, who was in the running for 2017 NFL MVP.

I'm sure, its probably somewhere in the middle.

Been doing some research over @ football reference.

Alex vs Cousins

a few interesting tidbits.

1st)Cousins has 12 game winning drives total...in his career.

Smith has 23 (12 with SF & 11 with KC)

2nd) Smith has played in 7 playoff games, going 2-5 in them.

Cousins just the Seattle, Packers games.

Smith had 14 TD's & 2 int's in those games combined.

Cousins had 1td & 0 int's in the packers game.

Can't remember exactly, but Smith had over 220 yards rushing in those playoff games & 1 or 2 rushing td's.

Next, ill look what Alex has rushing over his career. He's always been a good QB on the run & pretty quick. I'm curious to what extent.

Archived