Vladimir L

On 2/18/2018 at 3:12 AM, aceinthehouse said:

2013=11-5

2014=9-7

2015=11-5

2016=12-4

2017=10-6

Points Allowed by the Defense (NFL RANK):

2013: Chiefs 305 (305), Redskins 478 (30th)

2014: Chiefs 281 (2nd), Redskins 438 (29th)

2015: Chiefs 287 (3rd), Redskins 379 (17th)

2016: Chiefs 311 (7th), Redskins 383 (19th)

2017: Chiefs 339 (15th), Redskins 388 (28th) 

So the past 5 years, the Chiefs defense on average has given up between 17.5 - 21.2 points per game.  The Redskins defense on average has given up 23.7 - 29.9 points per game.   

Winning is a lot easier when you aren't having to score as many points to get the win.  

7 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

i cant believe any fan thinks we are gonna be better with smith.

I can't believe any fan, thinks we'll be worse.

No more...

Excessive nervousness before every game....

Continuous failure inside the red zone...

Robotic play reads and inability to improvise...

Game killing turnovers that completely either lose the game, or change momentum indefinitely. (see falcons ot loss, Giants finale, Eagles opener, etc, etc, etc...)

Prime time failure...(although he did have 1 good game...the Raiders...thats it!)...or should I credit the defense that game?

Did I mention terrible timed turnovers? Oh yes...i did...

but the biggie...the momma of them all...the Monster at the end...the reason alone of why I'm happy....

NO MORE CHOKING BIG GAMES AWAY, LIKE THEY DON'T MATTER!

Everything I've listed here, Alex Smith does better.

I know because I live in Missouri & catch a lot of Chief games around here.

Don't get me wrong...i know Alex isn't perfect & has his faults too.

I'm not even telling you that Alex Smith is underrated. He is, what he is! A very good game manager. Maybe the best in the League at not LOSING the game for you.

What I am telling you, is Kirk Cousins is overrated!

He's more worried about his stats and contract, than victories.

It's why he wasn't throwing deep, when we all were screaming at the TV for him to throw deep. He was worried that pick would hurt his stats.

Oh...btw...guess who throws a good deep ball & not afraid?

Alex Smith!

33 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

No more...

Game killing turnovers that completely either lose the game, or change momentum indefinitely. (see falcons ot loss, Giants finale, Eagles opener, etc, etc, etc...)

Prime time failure...(although he did have 1 good game...the Raiders...thats it!)...or should I credit the defense that game?

but the biggie...the momma of them all...the Monster at the end...the reason alone of why I'm happy....

I'm not even telling you that Alex Smith is underrated. He is, what he is! A very good game manager. Maybe the best in the League at not LOSING the game for you.

It's why he wasn't throwing deep, when we all were screaming at the TV for him to throw deep. He was worried that pick would hurt his stats.

Alex Smith!

Kirk Cousins may be overrated, but that doesn’t make Alex Smith an upgrade over him.

4 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

No more...

Alex Smith!

sure buddy. twice replaced game manager is gonna fix all of our problems. guess what? when the niners and chiefs had really good teams around alex he still wasn't good enough to take them the distance so they REPLACED HIM. i know thats so hard for some of you fans to understand. don't be surprised when we are horrible next year. the people that bash kirk don't have a clue about football. kirk never had a running game, never had a good defense, had different coaches, different systems, team drama, and lost weapons. the kid still improved every year. handled drama like a true pro. he wasnt " all in for week 1", he studies his butt off in the film room to try and win football games for this organization and fans who haven't had a stable qb in 30 years. yet, fans just weren't happy enough. you all miss rex gross and john beck dont you......patrick ramsey.....todd collins..... mcnabb....RGme.....jason campbell.. any other idiot snyder could snag. some of you fans just want the drama and false hope. snyder has you brainwashed. quite frankly im disgusted with this organization and a lot of redskins fans for the way they treated kirk and for giving ownership a pass for messing up this situation. i've seen this story before with the redskins... 

3 hours ago, mar29020 said:

guess what? when the niners and chiefs had really good teams around alex he still wasn't good enough to take them the distance so they REPLACED HIM.

This is a spectacular point by Mar. It does say a lot about what the chiefs see Smith’s ceiling as if they’re willing to change the guard when they have a team ready to win now

3 hours ago, mar29020 said:

uite frankly im disgusted with this organization and a lot of redskins fans for the way they treated kirk and for giving ownership a pass for messing up this situation. i've seen this story before with the redskins... 

Preach

6 hours ago, mar29020 said:

sure buddy. twice replaced game manager is gonna fix all of our problems. guess what? when the niners and chiefs had really good teams around alex he still wasn't good enough to take them the distance so they REPLACED HIM. i know thats so hard for some of you fans to understand. don't be surprised when we are horrible next year. the people that bash kirk don't have a clue about football. kirk never had a running game, never had a good defense, had different coaches, different systems, team drama, and lost weapons. the kid still improved every year. handled drama like a true pro. he wasnt " all in for week 1", he studies his butt off in the film room to try and win football games for this organization and fans who haven't had a stable qb in 30 years. yet, fans just weren't happy enough. you all miss rex gross and john beck dont you......patrick ramsey.....todd collins..... mcnabb....RGme.....jason campbell.. any other idiot snyder could snag. some of you fans just want the drama and false hope. snyder has you brainwashed. quite frankly im disgusted with this organization and a lot of redskins fans for the way they treated kirk and for giving ownership a pass for messing up this situation. i've seen this story before with the redskins... 

So much of this post clearly reeks of you being bitter about Kirk, so you're taking your hurt feelings out on Alex. 

You can point to whatever regular season rankings you want.. good or bad.. to spin whatever point you'd for some bizarre reason like to make, under the circumstances. There will even be a handful of people here that desperately agree with you to fit their own preconceived notions.

None of that touches upon the reality that in every playoff run, the KC Chiefs failed because the team around Alex failed. He did his part. He doesn't carry a team that can't hold their own... just as Kirk clearly couldn't carry his team either. Alex had a better support cast for most of the regular season, and they were unstoppable during those games... with Alex at the top of efficiency. Kirk had far less support and it reflected in the wins and efficiency of his game. 

The two are really about equal.. with one better at some things, and the other better at other things. IMHO

Back to the KC playoffs. For whatever the reason, be it injuries or incompetence.. the team found ways to blow the win.

Alex, for all his good fortune, has simply been a very unlucky QB in the playoffs. Whether it's a 12 mil a year WR that can't be bothered to toe tap the sideline on a crucial play? whether it's multiple backups on the field (due to a starter injury) that can't even time his jump for a critical catch? or the other dropping a ball off his hip? whether it's a highly praised run game that can't do their job.. against an opponent running 170+ yards against them? whether it's yet another NO-PUNT second half from the opposition? whether it's a LT that can't block a 50 year old Steeler rusher? 

on and in, it went. All the while, Smith is the steady QB that does his part while others flail around him. KIrk would have likely been the same guy here for 2018+. Less wins and less efficiency, maybe... better pass stats. All the same, same guy. 

Instead of focusing so much on the loss of a QB that doesn't want to be on your team. Instead of focusing on the reality that your new starting QB is not elite either. 

Just maybe, the focus should be on making your team around him worthy of a genuine playoff run. Kirk... Alex... the names change. Roll with it. Make the team better, and you still have a QB that can win with this.. even if he has a different name.

That's just friendly advice, of course, as I wouldn't want to come off as... sanctimonious, was it? 

:P

On 2/18/2018 at 8:15 PM, Slateman said:

Yes, I'm sure it's Alex Smith that made them go from 24th to 7th in rushing. And 24th to 5th in defense. I'm sure it was Alex Smith and his 89 rating.

Dude if that's the case any qb can win games with a good run game and defense . 

Go ahead go join the chiefs let's see if you can win 10 games at QB.

7 hours ago, mar29020 said:

You need to tone down the insult for those who are supporting the smith idea .

No one is insulting saying you don't know football . 

" the people that bash cousins "

Archived