Alex Smith seems like a steal now with these new QB contracts

Vladimir L

11 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Because of the defense. Again, you're looking at solely one game and thinking it proves your point. I'm looking at the body of work.

Honestly not trying prove anything . I said Kirk was better his past two years but your acting like smith was this bum that has had a Jackson or garçon for 5 years in Kansas . 

I mean what about the chargers game or the giants game week 17. 

And I only brought that saints game up because you said smith wasn't good enough to get the win against the titans .

When it was clearly the defense fault . The saints game wasn't Kirk fault in fact we should of won . Had the referee actually call the right call on that throw away instead of grounding than yes we could of won .

11 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Because of the defense. Again, you're looking at solely one game and thinking it proves your point. I'm looking at the body of work.

Ah, the body of work for Alex Smith in 2017 says he outplayed Kirk. He certainly outplayed Kirk in their head to head Monday Night match up in week 4 when both teams were near 100% except that the Chiefs didn’t have Eric Berry.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Ah, the body of work for Alex Smith in 2017 says he outplayed Kirk. He certainly outplayed Kirk in their head to head Monday Night match up in week 4 when both teams were near 100% except that the Chiefs didn’t have Eric Berry.

Lol you literally quoted him complaining that he was referring to a single game.  Then you came back with a reference to a single game.

43 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Lol you literally quoted him complaining that he was referring to a single game.  Then you came back with a reference to a single game.

That’s not all I said. I first said Alex’s body of work in 2017 was better and Alex outplayed Kirk in their head to head match up last year. I made two points, you conveniently ignored my first point.  

4 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

@turtle28 @MKnight82

Turtle my Bro- As my favorite dinner companion, stripper and all around entertainment professional in NOLA says if I finish before her "Doc, Honey,  Bless your heart" 

5 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

@turtle28 @MKnight82

Turtle my Bro- As my favorite dinner companion, stripper and all around entertainment professional in NOLA says if I finish before her "Doc, Honey,  Bless your heart" 

That doesn’t apply here because Mknight took my post out of context.

I have no problem admitting I’m wrong and he’s right if it happens but this is not one of those times.

11 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Honestly not trying prove anything . I said Kirk was better his past two years but your acting like smith was this bum that has had a Jackson or garçon for 5 years in Kansas . 

I mean what about the chargers game or the giants game week 17. 

And I only brought that saints game up because you said smith wasn't good enough to get the win against the titans .

When it was clearly the defense fault . The saints game wasn't Kirk fault in fact we should of won . Had the referee actually call the right call on that throw away instead of grounding than yes we could of won .

Smith had more talent around him on offense in 2017 than Cousins had in 2016.

2 hours ago, Slateman said:

Smith had more talent around him on offense in 2017 than Cousins had in 2016.

Well that’s not true. Cousins had two one-thousand yard WRs and Jordan Reed played every game until after the Dallas game when he separated his shoulder. Kirk also had Crowder, Vernon Davis and two pro bowl offensive linemen.

Cousins didn’t have a running back as good as Hunt, but he did have Chris Thompson all year but a few games who we all know is a great receiving running back. 

10 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Not only that, he then compared one season of Alex's (his best) to one season of Kirk's (his worst) to "prove" his point about the "body of work".

It's almost comical at this point

22 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Not only that, he then compared one season of Alex's (his best) to one season of Kirk's (his worst) to "prove" his point about the "body of work".

I can't imagine this post is doing anything to keep things civil. 

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

I thought you meant their body of works in the 2017 season. I’m sorry I misunderstood but it still blows my mind how two very intelligent posters are taking my post out of context to just take a jab at me.

If we want to talk about “full body of work” from when Kirk entered the league. Alex was a better qb than Kirk from 2012-2014. Kirk was better than Alex in 2015 and 2016.

Alex was better than Kirk in 2017. 

I’ll go over the numbers again! In 15 games played in 2017 Alex had only 1 less TD and 51 less yards than Kirk despite the fact that Alex sat out week 17. Alex had 14 less turnovers than Kirk in 2017. Alex’s rating in 2017 was 104.7 vs Kirk’s 93.9.

I found this info over @ES. Pretty interesting stuff, imo.

Play-action pass completion percentage leaders:
1. Alex Smith: 75.0%
2. Deshaun Watson: 71.4%
3. Josh McCown: 68.4%
4. Case Keenum: 68.3%
5. Drew Brees: 67.0%
6. Aaron Rodgers: 66.7%
7. Tom Brady: 66.4%
8. Marcus Mariota: 66.0%
9. Brian Hoyer: 66.0%
10. Matthew Stafford: 65.8% pic.twitter.com/KeeA2IqLZb
— RotoUnderworld (@rotounderworld) February 21, 2018

15 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I found this info over @ES. Pretty interesting stuff, imo.

Play-action pass completion percentage leaders:
1. Alex Smith: 75.0%

Very nice. Yes, please, Jay Gruden. Take this to heart, as you go forward with your plans of the offense.

5 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Very nice. Yes, please, Jay Gruden. Take this to heart, as you go forward with your plans of the offense.

We probably need to get a RB.

Would love to target one in the 2nd round.

A guy like guice.

Isn't there a guy named Chubb who's pretty good, too?

Is he out of Georgia?

7 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

We probably need to get a RB.

Would love to target one in the 2nd round.

A guy like guice.

Isn't there a guy named Chubb who's pretty good, too?

Is he out of Georgia?

Nick Chubb, yessir. Georgia. 

Far more chance of him being available in rd 2 than Guice, imo. 

Archived