College Football - 2017 - IS HERE!

Texas_OutLaw7

7 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Kelly is OUT. Will not be Florida's Coach. 

Pretty bad turn of events for our new AD.

TBH, Florida is a tough job. Very high pressure and a ish ton of expectation due to the successss odf Spurrier and Meyer. I can see why Chip Kelly would walk away, especially given his hatred of recruiting.

49 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

TBH, Florida is a tough job. Very high pressure and a ish ton of expectation due to the successss odf Spurrier and Meyer. I can see why Chip Kelly would walk away, especially given his hatred of recruiting.

Oh. Absolutely.

Still seems like a botched job by the new AD. He doesn't have any credibility to be making these errors. 

Expected. Lot of reports stating he was fired before he even got off the field. Knew it was coming, but not exactly a class move from Arkansas. 

Mike Riley is pretty much assured to be fired at Nebraska. Iowa put a beating on them today. 

Any bets Canes were looking ahead to Clemson?

9 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Expected. Lot of reports stating he was fired before he even got off the field. Knew it was coming, but not exactly a class move from Arkansas. 

Mike Riley is pretty much assured to be fired at Nebraska. Iowa put a beating on them today. 

Any bets Canes were looking ahead to Clemson?

That’s a bush league move by Arkansas. I understand why he was fired, but have some class about it.

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

ummm yeah....might want to reconsider that contract offer Tennessee. I don't think the fans are completely on board with the idea. 

#EveryVolsFanEverviaTwitter

:cringe:

Someone also apparently tweeted out the AD’s cell phone number, so it’s been blown up ever since. Tennessee fans are livid over this hire and they may end up killing the deal.

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Tennessee did some massive damage to their program today. Schiano will not be HC, but now there is an issue with buyout as contract was already signed. I've seen as high as $20m. Lol. Epic butchering from AD dept

Is it officially dead, though? I haven’t seen confirmation that the deal is dead. The last report was that they only pushed the press conference back to tomorrow to announce the hire. If it’s dead, the AD should be fired immediately.

Archived