College Football - 2017 - IS HERE!

Texas_OutLaw7

Wonder how things are going at Tennessee...

Schiano - Fan meltdown. Not hired.
Mike Gundy - No thanks
Jeff Brohm - Would rather stay at Purdue...that says everything you need to know.
Chad Morris - No thanks, would rather stay at SMU.
Dave Doeren - Offered a raise from NCSt (raise for asst too)....my guess is he probably stays.

One question...where the hell is Les Miles in all of this?  

6 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Oh Tennessee, what a train wreck you have become. LOL.

OMG. This is soap opera worthy

Fulmer has signed a 2 year deal to become Tennessee’s interim AD. Currie has been fired.

I guess you can only botch so many hires in a 2 week timespan..

So Texas A&M guaranteed every penny of JImbo Fisher's contract...all $75m of it. O.o

That is ballsy. No pressure. 

This Tennessee thing is pretty crazy. Looks like a bunch back stabbing going on. Terrible look for a school and Ath. Dept. with the stature of Tennessee.  Definitely should make for a great 30 for 30 segment someday. 

45 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

It really was.

I still don’t know what to make of Darnold though. I haven’t quite given up on him despite his best efforts.

He looks more and more like Blake Bortles to me; a guy who has all of the tools, but for whatever reason, he can’t consistently use them to their fullest potential. TBH, even though Darnold has a higher floor, a higher ceiling, is a better athlete, and has a (slightly) better arm, if I had to choose between him and Josh Rosen, I’d probably select Rosen because his play isn’t erratic like Darnold’s is.

Archived