College Football - 2017 - IS HERE!

Texas_OutLaw7

8 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

He looks more and more like Blake Bortles to me; a guy who has all of the tools, but for whatever reason, he can’t consistently use them to their fullest potential. TBH, even though Darnold has a higher floor, a higher ceiling, is a better athlete, and has a (slightly) better arm, if I had to choose between him and Josh Rosen, I’d probably select Rosen because his play isn’t erratic like Darnold’s is.

Idk, Rosen can be pretty erratic too. I haven't watched a ton of UCLA games this year but he was very hit-and-miss from what I saw against TAMU and Memphis.

I do think they go 1 and 2 in some order should they both declare, given the lack of an obvious #1 overall prospect this year. NFL teams are rather predictable in this regard.

57 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Idk, Rosen can be pretty erratic too. I haven't watched a ton of UCLA games this year but he was very hit-and-miss from what I saw against TAMU and Memphis.

I do think they go 1 and 2 in some order should they both declare, given the lack of an obvious #1 overall prospect this year. NFL teams are rather predictable in this regard.

I hear you. And I’m not suggesting that Rosen is some finished product. He’s still rough around the edges in areas, too. That being said, when I look at the corresponding talent around each of those guys, USC’s talent is significantly richer than UCLA’s, so that plays a role, too.

12 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Correct. It should be:

1. Clemson v 4. Alabama

2. Georgia v 3. Oklahoma

Fun games.

And, why is USC being ruled out compared to Ohio State? I’m not advocating that USC get in, but if someone makes the case for Ohio State, then USC deserves attention, too.

Both of USC’s losses were on the road to top 16 teams. Ohio State lost to an unranked Iowa.

Ohio State was blown out both on the road AND at home in its two losses. USC’s lone conference loss was by 3 points to Washington State (but blown out by Notre Dame) compared to Ohio State’s 31 point loss to Iowa and the drubbing it took at home from Oklahoma.

USC won the Pac-12 in what was a makeshift home game for Stanford. Ohio State won the B1G on a truly neutral site against Wisconsin.

USC didn’t have a bye week this season. Ohio State did.

Again, I’m not saying that USC is deserving, but if people think Ohio State should be there, then USC deserves a look.

4 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

The committee got it right.

Although I would have liked to see USC at 6 over Wisconsin. 

Agreed. USC is absolutely a better team than Wisconsin, and I’d argue that they’re a better team than Ohio State. They aren’t one of the four best teams, but they’re better than any team in the B1G.

But, this setup allows for a USC-Ohio State Fiesta Bowl Game.

Well, it set up USC - Ohio State, but in the Cotton Bowl. My buddy has already called me begging for me to go. He knows that I refuse to pay to go to Jerry World so he offered to pay my way because he considers me to be good luck. Every time I’ve seen Ohio State play live, they’ve lost.

5 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Who was four to you?

It was a tossup for me between Bama, Ohio State, and USC off the top of my head. I dunno, Bama didn't really impress me this year. They had two solid wins this year, but their schedule was pretty easy otherwise. I thought Auburn looked like the better team for all four quarters, and I don't think Bama's defense is good enough to mask Hurts like they were last year. I guess we'll see though.

Archived