The Official Michigan Wolverines Thread

1King

On 6/6/2019 at 6:05 PM, Cheesehawk said:

What yall think of Oliver Martin? I know your WR room is stacked, so is he a victim of numbers or was he just that outplayed?

Very talented guy. Seems like Michigan really wanted him to stay and thought he could have an impact this year. Originally seemed like Martin was going to stay, and then after returning and supposedly having a strong workout session, changed his mind and entered the portal.

He was going to see increased competition from a few of new Michigan's slots, but he definitely has outside potential too. Think he just wasn't happy or felt things weren't going to change this year for him. 

16 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Very talented guy. Seems like Michigan really wanted him to stay and thought he could have an impact this year. Originally seemed like Martin was going to stay, and then after returning and supposedly having a strong workout session, changed his mind and entered the portal.

He was going to see increased competition from a few of new Michigan's slots, but he definitely has outside potential too. Think he just wasn't happy or felt things weren't going to change this year for him. 

Buzz is strong right now about him coming back home to Iowa City. Hopefully he does. Would be one of the better WR corps Iowa has ever put on the field.

• 3 weeks later...

Received a commitment from 3* Viper William Mohan today out of NY. Waiting on 7 more commitments now

#2 is DE Aaron Lewis, who flipped from WVU. Had another commitment in the interim, so still 7 more.

#3 is S Jordan Morant. #1 safety in 247's rankings currently.

#4 is C Reece Atteberry

Edited by JammerHammer21

11 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Oops

If you search "Shea Patterson," the first account to tweet about it is that one, which is run by a high schooler who faked a quote from Cristobal talking about Auburn.

NbTTOdD.png

Guess it could be real, but given that they're the first to talk about it, I'm pretty skeptical it's real at this point.

I was initially skeptical too. Then I saw that his sister or some relative came to his defense and said that his account was hacked. Anytime I hear the hacked argument when an athlete says something stupid on Twitter, I get skeptical. If it’s all just fake news, no harm no foul. 

30 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I was initially skeptical too. Then I saw that his sister or some relative came to his defense and said that his account was hacked. Anytime I hear the hacked argument when an athlete says something stupid on Twitter, I get skeptical. If it’s all just fake news, no harm no foul. 

Hard to know. The person that received the response claimed that they saw the reply notification from Shea's account, but then when they went to look at the tweet, it was deleted, so... how would they have seen the tweet like that?

Given that Shea could certainly lose the starting QB job, the idea that he would actually post this publicly on his own account is pretty suspect - the bravado it would take to call out your coach and say he should have let a new QB call plays is... something. He'd have to be royally stupid to actually do something like this. If it weren't coming from a self-proclaimed meme page that just faked a tweet (I think this part with "quotes" was a recent update, but bio literally says "EST. June 17, 2019: "Quotes" from the college football community. Meme page. "), I'd put a little more faith that it actually happened. Maybe it's real, but just seems weird. And even if it's fake, the damage has been done regardless.

Guess we'll see what the response is. Honestly, I probably just wouldn't respond if I were him because there is legitimately nothing he could do on his own to change it. Faked, hacked, whatever... people will believe it regardless of the truth (if it's not real).

Edited by JammerHammer21

• 1 month later...