Frank Reich taking over Indy. Agrees to 5 year deal.

TENINCH

10 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I mean Pederson was the one calling the plays.

Obviously he won't have Reich and DeFilippo's input in meetings for game planning which I'm sure was very valuable.

Yes I’m aware of that Pederson called plays, there has significant turnover regardless. Pedersons playcalling isn’t THE reason the Eagles O was good.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I mean Pederson was the one calling the plays.

Obviously he won't have Reich and DeFilippo's input in meetings for game planning which I'm sure was very valuable.

Game planning is likely a minor consideration for DeFilippo. QB coach is more about overall QB development, so it will be interesting to see how Wentz' continued development gies. Look at how upset Rodgers was that GB let go of its QB coach without telling him.

Just now, childofpudding said:

Game planning is likely a minor consideration for DeFilippo. QB coach is more about overall QB development, so it will be interesting to see how Wentz' continued development gies. Look at how upset Rodgers was that GB let go of its QB coach without telling him.

I'm pretty sure I've read that DeFilippo was involved, but I'd have to scour the interwebz to make sure.

Two things.

1. This will really put Pederson's coaching abilities to the test. Once your roster and coaches start getting poached, you find out just how good your head coach is. Remember, John Harbaugh was once regarded as a lock top-5 HC and look at how "great" he is 5 years after having his roster and coaches poached.

2. I really like this hire for Indy, especially if they can get Luck back healthy.

8 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Two things.

1. This will really put Pederson's coaching abilities to the test. Once your roster and coaches start getting poached, you find out just how good your head coach is. Remember, John Harbaugh was once regarded as a lock top-5 HC and look at how "great" he is 5 years after having his roster and coaches poached.

2. I really like this hire for Indy, especially if they can get Luck back healthy.

I feel that DeFilippo is a bigger loss. On the other hand, I'm not so sure about Reich. He got canned after two years as OC for the Chargers. A lot of us were surprised that he became OC again so quickly. So I feel that whoever the next OC is will be fine since Pederson is really the mastermind behind that offense.

Edited by Xenos