BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

2 hours ago, ny92mike said:

I got no say in anything but what you thinking?

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

your an owner, you have a vote just like everyone else :)

Unfortunately nothing to do with your forms, at least not initially.

I've been mulling over the idea of a "limited rebuttal" something like a 300 character limit to counter what your opponent has game planned and/or call out any inconsistencies. I hate when match-ups turn into pissing contests in the thread but I think there is some value in it as even NFL coaches have halftime to re-assess what was done in the first half and make adjustments.

2 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

I'm not sure who maintains the "things we need to vote on next year" but I would like to propose a format change for weekly submissions

I'd like to hear more, but I will say that I will likely be opposed to anything that pigeon-holes our ability to write a game plan.

This year was supposed to be a throw away year for me. I was expecting to finish where people expected me to finish. However, I put together one hell (IMO of course) of a gameplan that blew out one of the league's super powers. This one gameplan changed the entire trajectory of my season and, consequently, the trajectory of this league's season. Without this win, I don't trade for Rodney Hudson, I don't trade for Melvin Gordon, and I am stuck in the rebuilding era like many of our non-playoff teams.

I like sitting down and writing a gameplan. I know it gets tedious for many throughout the season, me included, but reducing our freedom to put together a truly custom gameplan would be a detriment to this league. It's the only form of "Any Given Sunday" we've got outside of random major injuries.

1 minute ago, Hockey5djh said:

I've been mulling over the idea of a "limited rebuttal" something like a 300 character limit to counter what your opponent has game planned and/or call out any inconsistencies. I hate when match-ups turn into pissing contests in the thread but I think there is some value in it as even NFL coaches have halftime to re-assess what was done in the first half and make adjustments.

This might have some value.

• Like 1

Just now, Whicker said:

I'd like to hear more, but I will say that I will likely be opposed to anything that pigeon-holes our ability to write a game plan.

Just now, Whicker said:

I like sitting down and writing a gameplan. I know it gets tedious for many throughout the season, me included, but reducing our freedom to put together a truly custom gameplan would be a detriment to this league. It's the only form of "Any Given Sunday" we've got outside of random major injuries.

Nah, I don't want to limit the gameplans as I like that each person has a different spin and different approach. I do want to have an "official rebuttal" to limit in thread player pimping and back and forths between owners.

2 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

I had a response typed out for the "300 character limit" rip that minute of my life. then I realized you meant in the comments section.

Can we implement the 300 character limit on just Dingo though? might force him to be creative with them for once.

• Like 1