BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

7 minutes ago, Jlash said:

The salaries for the remaining big name guys are ridiculous though.

Under $5k per is a fine price for Jerry Hughes. Ezekiel Ansah is landing a (relatively) huge deal for the final stage of BDL FA.

5 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Under $5k per is a fine price for Jerry Hughes. Ezekiel Ansah is landing a (relatively) huge deal for the final stage of BDL FA.

I'm not sure what you're saying. Should Hughes get more and Ansah less?

8 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Bout right for a 30 yr old who has never broken double digit sacks.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jlash said:

The salaries for the remaining big name guys are ridiculous though.

Derrick Morgan can be had for a song (7th) to anyone interested in cheaper productive pass rush.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

@OleXmad be careful when bidding since you are about $2K over the cap now if everything goes through now. You have enough Sub $500s to cut to get under though.

Yep I'm gonna let Davis slide so I'm under the cap, thanks for the heads up. 

After the first week of FA I realized that if I was going to make a suggestion to increase the min bid from 40% to 50% of the RL Salary I should put my money where my mouth is.

Basically it ends up there anyway for the sought after FA and just takes away the minimum increase back and forth that always starts the process. It should reduce the dithering and pay the lowest tier guys a bit more. Also 50% is so much easier math wise.

For those not paying attention to the owners meeting topics.

To help curb the Salary creep on 3 Ups I've proposed reducing the 85% requirement to 75% (Again easier math) Which should be more than enough savings where we don't have to balloon the cap into the stratosphere. Just writing ourselves a blank check every year isn't the answer IMO. Tighter, simpler contract rules should achieve the same effect.

• Like 2