BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

5 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

So take mine out of it.

He traded a RB for a Better RB plus a draft pick and 3 solid players. How is that not at least a questioned trade?

And yes, his cap space sucks but c'mon now. He's got enough cap pre-trade to make his two draft picks and start his season with about $3500 and that's NOT using his last 3D which he still has available. He didn't HAVE to dump anything.

I know it's a bad trade but when you have the ability to clear about 18k in dead cap in one shot might as well bite the bullet. (Veldheer has clearly regressed, Orakpo is a solid edge rusher but I can re-sign him in FA/Shark Tank for cheaper or upgrade him, Hightower is unreliable and I have cheaper replacements for him) 

Now I can actually sign a couple of FAs for cheap and match an RFA offer if i get one instead of just picking up shark tank scraps. 

58 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

I know it's a bad trade but when you have the ability to clear about 18k in dead cap in one shot might as well bite the bullet. (Veldheer has clearly regressed, Orakpo is a solid edge rusher but I can re-sign him in FA/Shark Tank for cheaper or upgrade him, Hightower is unreliable and I have cheaper replacements for him) 

Now I can actually sign a couple of FAs for cheap and match an RFA offer if i get one instead of just picking up shark tank scraps. 

I mean you could have 3 downed Quinn and netted 12k for free. You could have then traded one of your bad contracts and then traded Hightower for value. I really don't see you backed into a corner here

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I mean you could have 3 downed Quinn and netted 12k for free. You could have then traded one of your bad contracts and then traded Hightower for value. I really don't see you backed into a corner here

Eh fair enough, probably would've been the slightly better option. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Whicker said:

No, now he can 3 down Sammy Watkins horrific contract and gain another 10k for free.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

I'm not as hung up on the RB angle as I think Xmad got the better deal there. Chicago supposedly has Howard on the block because he doesn't fit Nagy's offense.

So if you think he got the better RB, and the rest is a cap dump why reject it?

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

So if you think he got the better RB, and the rest is a cap dump why reject it?

Don't consider Hightower a cap dump. Would have been fair without that part or the draft pick. Both tipped it a bit over for me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

No, now he can 3 down Sammy Watkins horrific contract and gain another 10k for free.

I considered that but I have too much invested in him to just 3down him. 

On 3/16/2018 at 1:45 PM, SirA1 said:

I'm not as hung up on the RB angle as I think Xmad got the better deal there. Chicago supposedly has Howard on the block because he doesn't fit Nagy's offense.

I remember when LeSean McCoy was traded cuz he didn't fit Chip Kelly's offense. Wonder how that worked out for each of them.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2018 at 3:32 PM, Jlash said:
On 3/16/2018 at 2:59 PM, OleXmad said:

I considered that but I have too much invested in him to just 3down him. 

With 10k, you've LITERALLY got too much invested in him.

That's sort of where I was with Dareus. I like him as a player, didn't have much interior quality or depth, and yet it just didn't make sense to keep that bloated contract around. Wouldn't mind him coming back but at a considerable lower cap hit.

I had a few contracts that would have freed up more cap space than Kevin White's did, but he got paid to literally do nothing, which is worse than at least contributing something.

• Like 2