BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

Gamedays

Each NFL Sunday, you are required to send a lineup and a gameplan to face your opponent. Each lineup should field 11 starters (just like IRL) and up to 8 bench players. An offensive and defensive gameplan should explain the strategy of the team to beat its opponent (for example, take a look at last year Bizz Bowl: link Bizz Bowl game thread as an example). All gameplans must be submitted by 1pm ET on Sundays. To decide the winner, other forum members are required to vote and explain their votes on each matchup before the Wednesday at 12 pm ET. Co-owners are only allowed to vote for their team if the owner doesn’t vote himself. Homefield advantage should be taken into account in the voting process. Games that are tied at 12 pm ET go into overtime. The overtime lasts 1 hour and the first vote breaking the tie is the decisive vote.

Penalties are applicable for owners who don’t send their gameplans, who don’t vote or who don’t state their votes. (Insert penalties voted in owners meeting)

Each team will play its division opponent 2 times and two divisions’ teams once, which make a 14 games regular season.

Voting Time

Polls Open - Once threads are posted. Generally you should at least see how the NFL games go Sunday to determine how players perform but it is not required.

Polls Close - Wednesdays at 12PM EST (noon)

Ties

-In the regular season, if there is a tie in a game an additional hour of voting to break a tie is added and then if still tied, recording as such.

Playoffs

Each division winner is qualified for the playoffs as one of the top 4 seeds. The 4 next best records are qualified as the 5-8 seeds. Lowest Seeds play Higher seeds. Higher seeds have the  Home field.

Homefield advantage carries through the first round of the playoffs and the semifinals and the Bizz bowl is on a neutral field.

31 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I really don't like this at all. Random people making important decisions on the fly. This is the Nacho situation all over again.

yea, we actually went over this a couple weeks ago if i recall, it doesn't make sense to me either but that's how it's always been

but i appreciate the inclination that I would just randomly make things up unitarily...classy

Edited by bcb1213

On 14/11/2018 at 7:14 PM, TedLavie said:

Found it on our old forum

Tie-breaking rules (two or three teams) for playoffs:
1. Head-to-Head record
2. Best W-L record in divisional games
3. Best Net Points
4. Coin toss

You should all read more my posts

• Like 4

Well at least Whicker can relax now lolololol 

I think we switched 2 and three for seeds outside of same division for some reason but I could be wrong there 

Thanks ted, I remember having the convo a couple of weeks ago 

Edited by bcb1213