BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

33 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

If a player wasn't active, then they didn't play IMO.

Rome is gonna lose this one hard.

If Smith and Ryan weren't listed as having injuries, I wouldn't care but I can't overlook it.  I've got no issue with Brees and the other guys being inactive, because these guys aren't listed as having injuries.

2 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Leaning towards likely 

Not wasting a full season of trying for people to quit using common sense, 

Come on man, we all put in a full season and a tremendous amount of time into this.

It isn't fair to Hawaii to overlook the fact that these players are on the injury list, meaning that they are dealing with some sort of injury, regardless how severe.  They did not play, either to allow them to get healthy or to prevent a more severe injury.  They're injured and if it had been week 5 and you tried to start them it wouldn't have happened even if the player or coach said, "he's not all that hurt, but we want to make sure he's a 100% for the next game".  Players are all the time saying that they're good and end up not playing.

In the future, I think the best solution to fix this issue from becoming an issue is to end BDL season prior to week 17.

Edited by ny92mike
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

The same Hawaii team that is in the bizzbowl, with a solid game plan and a roster to match.

I mean they had to advance to get there... and they did with one of the more thin lineups I’ve seen in recent memory.

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

Come on man, we all put in a full season and a tremendous amount of time into this.

It isn't fair to Hawaii to overlook the fact that these players are on the injury list, meaning that they are dealing with some sort of injury, regardless how severe.  They did not play, either to allow them to get healthy or to prevent a more severe injury.  They're injured and if it had been week 5 and you tried to start them it wouldn't have happened even if the player or coach said, "he's not all that hurt, but we want to make sure he's a 100% for the next game".  Players are all the time saying that they're good and end up not playing.

In the future, I think the best solution to fix this issue from becoming an issue is to end BDL season prior to week 17.

You continue to try to find reasons to rule my guys out to push this scheduele thing 

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

You continue to try to find reasons to rule my guys out to push this scheduele thing 

What...stop twisting ****.

I'm going on about it because its crap, those guys are listed as injured and didn't play.

Gaming the system.