BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

17 minutes ago, PR said:

So... retirement party Jack Mewhort and fa cut Dez Bryant?

For sure on Mewhort.  I think so on Bryant as he never played a down 

EDIT 

Actually unless they cut Dez I think you're stuck with him til they get eliminated 

Edited by bcb1213

Just a heads up guys. It may take us a bit longer than normal to get the new 2019 roster sheet up and running. So you can post stuff if you want but we'll be starting a new transactions thread soon too along with new discussion thread.  

@ny92mike has made a spot to move forward from once we start updating stuff again.

• Like 2

Is there any other roster status labels I'm missing?

Signed - 100%
Signed - 3 Up
Signed - 3 Up & Out
Signed - 5th Year
Signed - Double Down
Signed - Draft
Signed - ERFA
Signed - Extension
Signed - FA
Signed - PFA
Signed - RFA
Signed - Shark Tank
Signed - Waivers

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Is there any other roster status labels I'm missing?

Signed - 100%
Signed - 3 Up
Signed - 3 Up & Out
Signed - 5th Year
Signed - Double Down
Signed - Draft
Signed - ERFA
Signed - Extension
Signed - FA
Signed - PFA
Signed - RFA
Signed - Shark Tank
Signed - Waivers

It's 3 Up & Over but otherwise looks good.

5 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Retired players

Do we need to keep their bdl cap info, or once they retire the team is off the hook?

If a player is Signed in the same year then they still count for that year. It's also an option for a team to keep the player as they can still be used in trades if un-Signed.

Once we get the Roster sheet for 2019 up and running I'll start taking topics for the next Owner's meeting like we have done in the past. Also will be looking to streamline and simply things to get rid of some of the bloat.

I don't see a reason to do have  Winter's Meeting as nothing I can see would effect the Draft/FA/RFA as we just made a bunch of changes last summer that are now going into effect (other than 3 Ups).

During the Summer I can see a longer period than normal to get stuff like the potential playoff changes and other stuff.

I also think tempers are pretty hot right now and a cooling down period before making major decisions is needed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Do we have an updated and active spreadsheet for 2019-20 season?

Not yet. It will likely be a week or more before it's up and running. Enjoy the break, watch the playoffs or National Championship game.

• Like 2

Just now, SirA1 said:

Not yet. It will likely be a week or more before it's up and running. Enjoy the break, watch the playoffs or National Championship game.

It shouldn't take that long, at least on my end.  Maybe by the end of this week.  If everything goes without any issues.

8 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

I’m not worried about bc I have no outstanding decision to make until ERFA.