BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

9 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I'm having trouble finding a reference (besides my discussions about doing so) in that thread, maybe I forgot to officially submit it? Not sure, I was going off the spreadsheet that showed the 5th year was being used. Not sure if my cap is impacted by that or not. I'll post something formal later today (assuming my cap hasn't been impacted).

That's just a reminder he's available for a 5th year. His 5th year is $8,459 so that would impact your remaining cap space. Or 3 Upped for less.

Edited by SirA1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I'm having trouble finding a reference (besides my discussions about doing so) in that thread, maybe I forgot to officially submit it? Not sure, I was going off the spreadsheet that showed the 5th year was being used. Not sure if my cap is impacted by that or not. I'll post something formal later today (assuming my cap hasn't been impacted).

The spreadsheet just shows who is 5th year eligible. 

5 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Thats the best you could do Footsy?

Most teams are on to him from the last several years. He cares more about winning the draft than winning. No way he can afford all his draft picks without wrecking his cap for years. He's just pushing the problem into next year as always.

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

This year is a buyer's market.

Agreed. I think it's fine for both sides. 

Although it's like the Inverse of the Jets trade with the Colts that instead of screwing the Bills over for trade up value, he has absolutely killed any value for Hockey at 1.1.

Edited by SirA1
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Agreed. I think it's fine for both sides. 

Although it's like the Inverse of the Jets trade with the Colts that instead of screwing the Bills over for trade up value, he has absolutely killed any value for Hockey at 1.1.

Oh yeah.  Footsy just absolutely torpedoed the value of 1.1.

So this brings up a question  for me. If I'on in the clock and trade away the pick what's the approval process? Is it "auto approved"? I really don't expect to get three approvals with the snap of my fingers. Is the clock for the pick extended? I'd assume no but I'd also assume there's a story of honor code about not jumping the pick (then again....)

1 minute ago, Hockey5djh said:

So this brings up a question  for me. If I'on in the clock and trade away the pick what's the approval process? Is it "auto approved"? I really don't expect to get three approvals with the snap of my fingers. Is the clock for the pick extended? I'd assume no but I'd also assume there's a story of honor code about not jumping the pick (then again....)

If it only involves picks it is auto approved and the clock does not extend 

• Like 2