BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

10 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

So this brings up a question  for me. If I'on in the clock and trade away the pick what's the approval process? Is it "auto approved"? I really don't expect to get three approvals with the snap of my fingers. Is the clock for the pick extended? I'd assume no but I'd also assume there's a story of honor code about not jumping the pick (then again....)

With this comment...can we assume that you won't be picking tonight?

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

Especially when everyone knows the seller can't afford his own property.

I have over 40K (3rd most in the league) in cap and haven't used a single 3 down. Keep touting this narrative though!

6 minutes ago, SkunkApes said:

I have over 40K (3rd most in the league) in cap and haven't used a single 3 down. Keep touting this narrative though!

Eh you have so much value your chart of what is equal is probably different from the other 15 teams.

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

Ted still hasn't even approved the trade.  Footsy is still on the clock.

I'm going to go ahead and assume @SkunkApes is going to wait for trade approval instead of making the pick out from under Ted. I'm guessing thats good night then boys, catch you bright and early for my second pick in the first.

• Like 1

Just now, Hockey5djh said:

I'm going to go ahead and assume @SkunkApes is going to wait for trade approval instead of making the pick out from under Ted. I'm guessing thats good night then boys, catch you bright and early for my second pick in the first.

More than likely.  But Ted could always back out.  

• Like 1

Might as well do draft grades again this year unless someone else was planning to do it, here's last years. It did not paste well on this forum but eh. 

2017 Dingo Draft Grades: 

1.1    London Knights - Myles Garrett, TAMU - The best player in this draft goes where he should even if it cost London a little bit B+ Grade.
1.2    Camden Hood Rats - Soloman Thomas, Stanford - I don't agree he's the second best player in this draft but he fills a need B grade.
1.3    Camden Hood Rats - Jamal Adams, LSU - Giving up a ton of draft captial for a safety usually isn't a good idea and while Adams is an elite prospect he's not worth trading up for C-
1.4    Compton Black Panthers - Marshon Lattimore, Ohio State - An unexpected pick since Compton has an embarassment of riches at CB and next to nothing at QB and RB, BPA usually works out but ignoring your offense is a bad idea especially with such a premium pick. C+ Grade.
1.5    Wichita Woodpeckers - Leonard Fournette LSU - Wichita needed a weapon to build their offense around and Fournette offers the Adrian Peterson type RB to do that. B+ Grade.
1.6    Gotham Gashslayers - Reuben Foster, Alabama - A pick that makes too much sense given the need at the position and the value. A grade.
1.7    Cuba Smugglers - Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State University - A trade up for a RB who tested poorly at the combine and has off the field issues but fills a need, C- Grade. 
1.8    Wichita Woodpeckers - Jonathan Allen, DL, Bama - Could be this years Myles Jack and that's kind of scary but the value is pretty solid. B- grade.
1.9    Oklahoma City Rogues - Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State -  Insert paying for a hooker joke here, I had Hooker as a top 4 player in this draft and he fills a massive need. A+ Grade.
1.10    Rome Eternals - OJ Howard, Alabama - Rome had nothing at the TE positon and this pick makes too much sense, Howard is probably the safest TE prospect in quite a while. B+ grade.
1.11    Long Beach Leprechauns - Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford - I don't like this pick from a "You have Aaron rodgers you don't need a running game" perspective. McCaffrey is the 2nd best RB in this class and getting him at 1.11 is good value, but still not who I would've picked B grade.
1.12    Portland Horned Owls - WR John Ross - Why Xmad traded the a first for John Ross when he could've just wait 2 more spots for mike williams and given up less is beyond me, D grade. 
1.13    Rome Eternals - Ryan Ramczyk, Wisconsin - The First offensive tackle off the board in a weak class, fills a need and Wisconsin Lineman are usually pretty damn good. B grade.
1.14    Charleston Dingos - WR Mike Williams - I had this guy in the top 5 on my draft board so getting him at 1.14 is worth it to me. A Grade.
1.15    Camden Hood Rats - TE David Njoku - I like Njoku but this feels a bit early for a player who won't go in the teens IRL, Solid player who fills a need but a reach. C+ grade.    
1.16    Seoul Dragons - DE Derek Barnett - Barnett was a top 15 player on my board and I like the value you're getting here Barnett isn't the best athlete but he's still a good player. B+ Grade.

Best Pick of round 1: Nothing screamed extreme value aside from Williams and Hooker, I'll give best pick to Oklahoma.

Worst Pick of round 1: Portland gave up too much for the no.3 WR in this draft class, I like John Ross but the injury concerns and the fact Xmad gave up too much makes this the worst pick by default.

2.1    Wichita Woodpeckers - Haason Reddick Temple - A solid pass rusher but I question why the hell you're drafting a pass rusher when you have expensive as hell starters, Solid value but still there are o-lineman on the board you could've drafted. C- Grade.

2.2    Singapore Sentinels - Corey Davis WR Western Michigan - Easily the best "Needs" pick so far since Singapore has nothing at WR besides some prayers and a 32 year old slot WR, Good value too considering he's the 2nd best WR in this class. A+ grade.

2.3    Berlin Blitzkrieg - Gareon Conley, CB OSU - Don't have an opinion on Conley but he's a solid pick at this juncture and this fills a need, B grade.

2.4    Orlando Ospreys - Forrest Lamp, OG, Western Kentucky - The Guy wichita should've drafted and he fills a need on an Orlando line that was a disaster last year before some trades B+ grade.

2.5    Rome Eternals - Marlon Humphreys, Alabama - Another solid CB prospect I don't have an opinion on, Alabama DBs have had issues in the NFL but each player is different (See Clinton-Dix). B grade.

2.6    Singapore Sentinels - Taco Charlton, DL, Michigan - A solid pass rusher who should've gone before Reddick did, I also just realized his name is red **** and I'm an idiot also tacos are delcious A grade.

2.7    Gotham Gashslayers - Zach Cunningham, LB Vandy - Another LB that was desperatley needed on a defense with tons of holes at LB, getting the second best non pass rushing LB is solid here B+ grade.

2.8    Orlando Ospreys - Kevin King, CB, Washington - Sidney Jones was the better washington corner but injuries killed his stock, King has a homerism connection as well solid pick. B- grade.

2.9    Rome Eternals - Mitch Trubisky UNC - The first QB to go off the board, I don't think he'll end up being the best one but this QB class is one we'll only figure out with time and Eli's replacement is needed. B- grade.

2.10    Orlando Ospreys - Garett Bolles, OT, Utah - Orlando really went all out on fixing their o-line from last year and rightfully so, if both of these players live up to their potential and their current players stay healthy orlando turned their o-line around massively. B+ grade.

2.11    Compton Black Panthers - DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame - Kizer dealt with a lot of b.s at Notre Dame (Brian kelly, Expectations, crappy defense etc.) and he showed he could deal with it, I imagine he's the most pro-ready of all the QBs and will at the very worst be an Andy Dalton level starter, Trade up factored in and the fact Compton has no QB on the roster aside form Mr.PegLeg B grade.

2.12    Compton Black Panthers - Cam Robinson, OT,Bama - Trading Richard sherman for a bundle of picks when he's about to enter his decline phase is a solid move and you already have Sherman's replacement on the roster, Getting Robinson who I think is the best LT (not lineman) in this class is a good move. A+ grade.

2.13    Wichita Woodpeckers - Jabrill Peppers, S/CB/LB, Michigan - Ah Peppers the worst pick of them all, Peppers doesn't have an NFL position right now he could play LB,CB,S in a Hybrid role like Mathieu does or he could bust because NFL teams don't know where to use him. I think he'd fit best as a Safety/Slot CB Hybrid but Peppers isn't a top 45 player simply because of the fact he doesn't have a defined NFL positon and the homerism makes it worse. D+ grade.

2.14    Charlesotn Dingoes - Malik McDowell, DT, Michigan State    - A top 14 player with charecter issues doesn't fill a need and I traded a medicore RB and a 5th to get him but I like hoarding d-lineman and he should become at least as good as Sheldon Richardson. - B- Grade.

2.15    Camden Hood Rats - Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss - Camden....Takes another TE for some reason. I get adding weapons to an offense led by Drew Brees but spending the equivalent of two first round picks on TEs is a waste IMO, Engram is a good reciever but he's small and can't block but he does not fill a need. C- Grade.

2.16    Seoul Dragons - Obi Melifonwu, S, Connecticut - Byron Jones worked out as a freak Athlete from Connecticut and Melifonwu is a solid safety prospect but he's raw and will need to develop at the next level, Fills a big need though and this is solid value for an elite athlete with not so great tape still Seoul should have adressed the OT position but all the good players are off the board. B Grade.

Best Pick: Singapore's Corey Davis, The value and filing a big need

Worst Pick: Wichita's Jabrill peppers, Peppers is a solid prospect but the fact he could simply end up playing RB (unlikely but NFL teams are stupid sometimes with projects) or the fact he'll be forced to play LB or move between positons multiple years means he'll more likely than not bust. Evan Engram was also in consideration but he's actually a decent player.

Round 3

3.1    Long Beach Leprechauns - Jarrad Davis LB Florida - A solid ILB prospect who fills a need and offers solid value. B+

3.2    Portland Horned Owls - T.J Watt, OLB/DE Wisconsin - If Watt is half the player his brother is this is well worth the pick and I considered watt at 2.14 so good value B+ grade.

3.3    London Knights - Tre’Davious White, CB, Louisiana State University - Tried to trade up for him and he's a definite first round pick that slides a bit, so a lot of value. A grade

3.4    Wichita Woodpeckers - Dan Feeney, Indiana - The second best guard in this class goes to a team that desperatley needed some o-line upgrades solid pick. B grade.

3.5    Long Beach Leprechauns - Budda Baker DB UW - Trade up factored in I get why Long Beach traded up for him, Washington DBs have a solid track record (Marcus Peters) and he'll be a nice player next to collins. B grade.

3.6    Gotham Gashslayers - Charles Harris, EDGE, Mizzou - I'm not too crazy about him as a pass rusher and he's not the best athelete there were betters players on the board who filled bigger needs, C- grade.

3.7    Compton Black Panthers - Tim Williams - Tim Williams has drug problems as bad as randy gregory allegedley, I doubt it's that bad but he did fail multiple drug tests at alabama and while he is very talented he'll probably be out of the league within 3 years. D+ grade.

3.8    Oklahoma City Rogues - Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma - Joe Mixon has off the field issues that will more than likely push him down to day 3 IRL, While Mixon is a talented player and would be a top 45 pick if he was clean the fact he could go undrafted given the NFL's domestic violence issues in recent years makes this a pretty awful pick and trading a future pick for him is even worse, I honestley wouldn't have been suprised if he was available in the 7th round in BDL and thus you could've gotten him much later. F grade.

3.9    Seoul Dragons - Sidney Jones, CB, Washington - Sidney Jones had a nasty injury that killed his stock, he probably won't play in his rookie year and if he does it won't be until late in the season if it at all. But getting a top 15 player who will recover from the injury within 2 years and be fully healthy is a solid gamble and much better than some other gambles this round, I get the trade up but you could've waited a bit. C+ grade.

3.10    London Knights - Curtis Samuel, WR, Ohio State - The lazy man's comparison is randall Cobb and I'd say that's about right, Samuel doesn't project as a dominant player but he should be a nice weapon on offense for Luck or Mariota. B grade.

3.11    London Knights - Adoree' Jackson, CB, USC - A freak athlete of a CB who should at the very worst be a solid nickel corner. B grade.

3.12    Cuba Smugglers    - DeShaun Watson, QB, Clemson - Deshaun Watson isn't the best QB in this class but I'd say he has the best work ethic of the bunch and is a great player on and off the field, beating Alabama in the national title game is a good achievement but there are concerns about his pro readyness but any great QB can overcome anything if they work hard enough at it, Watson at the very worst is E.J Manuel and at his best is Dak Prescott this is a much needed pick given their QB woes. B+ grade.

3.13    Rome Eternals - Takkarist McKinley - A solid edge rusher but UCLA has a sketchy history of pass rushers (Datone Jones, Anthony Barr etc.) he has solid tape and this pick makes sense. B grade.

3.14    Wichita Woodpeckers - Quincy Wilson, Florida - Florida DBs have a solid history but for every Joe Haden there's a Matt Elam and Wilson isn't the fastest CB but he fills a need. B grade.

3.15    Camden Hood Rats - Chidobe Awuzie Colorado - The only other colorado CB I can remember is Jimmy Smith and Vernon Hargreaves has a long way to go to live up to his draft position, Aqib Talib is 30 and while he's elite now he will decline soon. Solid pick that fills a need, B grade.

3.16    Seoul Dragons - Marcus Williams, FS, Utah - Marcus Williams is a solid pick at this juncture blah blah blah B grade.

Best Pick: London's Tre'Davious White, this round didn't have a lot of great picks but it did have some solid ones and white was the best of the bunch.

worst pick: Oklahoma City's Joe Mixon, Mixon is without a doubt a great player on the field but given the NFL's status on domestic violence the past 2 years I don't expect him to go before round 5, Tyreek hill did go in round 5 despite beating up his pregnant girlfriend like a total d-bag but Mixon has an actual video tape and no matter how much he tries to make up for it he will always have a black mark on his career.

Round 4

4.1    Compton Black Panthers - Chris Wormley - Solid pick and he fills a need, could've gone a bit earlier than this but this is his range. B+ grade.

4.2    Compton Black Panthers - Duke Riley - An athletic LB with a ton of upside. B grade.

4.3    London Knights - Dion Dawkins Temple - Dawkins is a good OT prospect with a decent amount of upside. B+ grade.

4.4    Berlin Blitzkrieg - Carlos Watkins, DT, Clemson - Carlos Watkins was one of my favorite players in the draft and I'd say he's well worth this pick. A grade.

4.5    Singapore Sentinels - Desmond King, S/CB, Iowa - A solid CB/s with good tape but with questionable athleticism who is probably going a bit too high. C+ grade.

4.6    Compton Black Panthers - Derek Rivers - A solid under the rader pass rusher who should suprise whoever drafts him IRL and hoarding pass rushers is always a good idea. B+ grade.

4.7    Camden Hood Rats - Tyus Bowser Houston - The last solid ILB left on the board, Tyus Bowser isn't the best in coverage and will have a tough time dealing with blocks at the NFL level but the upside is there. C+ grade.

4.8    Compton Black Panthers - Pat Elflein - A solid interior line prospect who is more or less a depth pick at this point. B grade.

4.9    Orlando Ospreys - Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M - An Upside WR but he's going way too early with quite a few better recievers still on the board I consider him a RL 5th rounder at best. F+ grade.

4.10    Oklahoma City Rogues - Fabian Moreau, CB, UCLA - Solid DB with lacking instincts and gets beaten by inside moves too much. B grade.

4.11    Camden Hood Rats - Ethan Pocic LSU - Another solid interior lineman prospect who fills a need B grade.

4.12    Orlando Ospreys - Alvin Kamara, RB, Tennessee - A solid all around back who shouldn't get out of the 3rd round IRL reminds me of Jamaal charles a little bit and you're getting good value here. B+ grade.

4.13    Berlin Blitzkrieg - Dawuane Smoot, Edge, Illinois - With Lovie smith as the HC at illinois he should enter the NFL prepared to know NFL schemes and stuff, He's a good athlete with ok production solid pick. B+ grade.

4.14    Gotham Gashslayers - Caleb Brantley, DT, Florida - IMO the 3rd best DT in this class behind Allen and McDowell he should've gone quite a bit earlier than this, very good pick that doesn't fill a need and while Brantley has charecter concerns the values make up for it. A grade.

4.15    Singapore Sentinels - Zay Jones, WR, East Carolina - A top 45 player who adds another much needed WR to a lacking singapore reciveing corps, trading a future top 32 pick for him ruins the value a little bit but this is still a good pick. B+ grade.

4.16    Orlando Ospreys - To be graded.

Best Pick: Gotham's Caleb Brantley, Getting a top 32 player at the end of the 4th round is a steal, Zay Jones would've been the best pick if Singapore didn't give up a future top 32 pick.

Worst Pick: Orlando's Josh Reynolds, Reaching for a WR who isn't even in the top 10 WRs in this draft is pretty awful, Reynolds has upside but reaching for an inferior player when Zay Jones was still on the board is horrible value.

5.1    London Knights - Jordan Willis, DE, Kansas State - A very athletic DE who could've gone quite a bit earlier but at what point do you have enough pass rushers? This pick could've been used on a player who fits a better need despite. B+ Grade.

5.2    Long Beach Leprechauns - Cooper Kupp, WR, EWU - A solid WR who fills a need since they're trading Jordy Nelson for some reason. B grade.

5.3    Berlin Blitzkrieg - Chris Godwin, WR, Penn St - If I couldn't get one of the top 3 WRs in this draft he was my late round target and would've taken him in the early 4th solid value. A grade.

5.4    Berlin Blitzkrieg - Taylor Moton, OT, Western Michigan - Had to google him, google say he's a good player. B grade.

5.5    Wichita Woodpeckers - Raekwon McMillan LB Ohio State - McMillian was a solid defender for ohio state and the best ILB left on the board is a solid pick by itself but trading a future top 32 pick and top 64 for these 3 picks is inexcusable. C- grade.

5.6    Wichita Woodpeckers - Antonio Garcia OT Troy - The trades alone for this duo of players makes this a bad pick D+ grade.

5.7    Orlando Ospreys - Carl Lawson, EDGE, Auburn - Injury concerns with a ton of upside Lawson is a big gamble but in the 5th round it's a solid gamble. C+ grade.

5.8    Wichita Woodpeckers - Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson - A solid Cb that fills a need you get the gist, B grade.

5.9    Oklahoma City Rogues - Teez Tabor, CB, Florida - A slow CB with good tape, He'll probably get burned by speed demons but cover elite route runners very well. B- grade.

5.10    Berlin Blitzkrieg - D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas - The defintion of a power back, Foreman is a solid pick this late and should help out a lacking backfield. B+ grade.

5.11    Camden Hood Rats - Dorian Johnson Pitt - Adding a top 5 guard prospect this late in the draft is a solid pick. B grade.

5.12    Compton Black Panthers - Carlos Henderson - Carlos Henderson is either a great reciever or HWS overrated bum depending on who you ask. He's a bum. C-

5.13    Singapore Sentinels - Tarell Basham, DE, Ohio - Google didn't bring up much and I'm too lazy to click the links. B grade.

5.14    Rome Eternals - Juju Smith Schuster USC - Robert Woods 2.0 solid route runner, not a great athlete and doesn't do a whole lot of great things. B- grade.

5.15    Camden Hood Rats - Ahkello Witherspoon Colorado - I can't tell if his name is said "A cello" or "ACK ello" either way F- for the name. B grade for the pick.

5.16    London Knights - To be graded.

Best pick: Berlin's Chris Godwin, I had godwin as a top 5 WR in this draft and I feel like he's a solid pick this late in the draft.

Worst Pick: Wichita's Rawkwon and Antonio, I get that you liked those players but trading a top 32 and a top 64 pick for them is pretty horrendous. 

6.1    Oklahoma City Rogues - Montravius Adams Auburn - A solid DT prospect who fills a need. B grade.

6.2    Rome Eternals - Josh Jones NC State - A solid S prospect who has good run defending skills. B Grade.

6.3    Rome Eternals - Dalvin Tomlinson, Alabama - An alabama player, what could go wrong? B grade.

6.4    Wichita Woodpeckers - Adam Shaheen TE, Ashland - Shaheen is a solid TE prospect who could go in the 3rd IRL, solid pick. B grade.

6.5    Cuba Smugglers - DeMarcus Walker, DE, Florida State University - The Florida State Homerism is strong this draft, great value on what I consider a top 60 player. A grade.

6.6    Cuba Smugglers - Ryan Anderson, OLB, Alabama - You can never have enough pass rushers and Anderson should at the very worst be solid depth at the NFL level. B+ grade

6.7    Gotham Gashslayers - Jourdan Lewis, CB, Michigan - I like lewis as a prospect and think he can be a solid Nickel DB. B+ grade.

6.8    Camden Hood Rats - Tanoh Kpassagnon Villanova - A very athletic pass rusher who will probably fade into obscurity but why not. B- grade.

6.9    Rome Eternals - Alex Anzalone, Florida - That last name is a nightmare to have in middle school, a solid LB who fills a need. B+ grade.

6.10    Oklahoma City Rogues - Taywan Taylor, WR, Western Kentucky - I like this pick for reasons. B grade.

6.11    Long Beach Leprechauns - Roderick Johnson OT FSU - The type of player the seahawks will draft that will eventually start and be out of the league in 2-5 years. B grade.

6.12    Singapore Sentinels - John Johnson, S, Boston College - If he's as boring as his name sounds he won't have off the field issues. B grade.

6.13    Seoul Dragons - Gerald Everett - TE - South Alabama - Solid value for a solid TE. B grade.

6.14    Rome Eternals - Nico Siragusa, OG, Sand Diego St - A solid o-lineman pick and stuff. B grade.

6.15    Singapore Sentinels - Kareem Hunt, RB, Toledo - I had a top 60 grade on Kareem Hunt so incredible value here and I think he'll be a solid starter at the next level. A+ grade.

6.16    London Knights - Malachi Dupre - WR - LSU - Don't you have enough WRs wasting away on your bench? could've taken an OT here. C- grade.

Best pick: Singapore's Kareem Hunt, Value is value.

Worst pick: LOndon's Malachi Dupre, I needed a worst pick and someone had to fall on the sword.

Saturday 4/15    

7.1    Long Beach Leprechauns - George Kittle TE Iowa - I don't know who he is, B grade.

7.2    Berlin Blitzkrieg - Howard Wilson, CB, Houston - He should be a solid bench warmer. B grade.

7.3    Berlin Blitzkrieg - Bucky Hodges, TE, Virginia Tech - Sure why not man. B grade.

7.4    Cuba Smugglers    - Aviante Collins, RT, TCU - A freak athlete of an o-lineman, he has a lot of upside and stuff. A grade.

7.5    Seoul Dragons - Isaac Asiata OG - Utah - A solid G prospect who fills a need. B grade.

7.6    Gotham Gashslayers - Jake Butt, TE, Michigan - Jake Butt would probably be a top 5 TE in this draft if he was healthy, taking a gamble he can recover here is a solid risk. B+ grade.

7.7    London Knights - Larry Ogunjobi, DT, Charlotte - Is Bruce Irvin really worth these 2 players...? Solid late rounder but still. C- grade.

7.8    London Knights - Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson - No idea who he is but I'm just lazy to google so. C- grade.

7.9    London Knights - Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma - A solid RB prospect who fills a need. B+ grade.

7.10    Orlando Ospreys - Eddie Jackson, SAF, Alabama - Not Eddie Murphy? C+ grade.

7.11    Camden Hood Rats - WR DeDe Westbrook Oklahoma - Dexter was better than DeeDee. B grade/

7.12    Singapore Sentinels - Nathan Peterman, QB, Pittsburgh - Uh I guess you needed a cheaper backup Brock Osweiler I don't hate the pick but I don't get it either. B- grade.

7.13    Rome Eternals - WR Chad Hansen, Cal - I think Chad Hansen is worth a 3rd rounder IRL so this is very good value, if you hadn't taken him I probably would've. A+ grade.

7.14    Charleston Dingos - Davis Webb, QB, Cal - I'm obviously biased but I had Davis as my no.2 QB and I have a solid feeling the Chargers draft him to be Rivers Successor though the trade was expensive and I could've taken him in the scramble I wanted to use that scramble pick on someone else. C+ grade.

7.15    Orlando Ospreys - Jonnu Smith, TE, FIU - I don't have a joke so. B grade.

7.16    Singapore Sentinels - Marcus Maye, S, Florida - Mr.Irrelevant except he won't get a party cause he's not even the real Mr.Irrelevant.

Best Pick: Rome's Chad Hansen, Too good of a pick.

Worst Pick: It's the 7th round there are no worst picks.

• Like 2