Madden 19

MacReady

8 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

small tweaks here and there. Big changes? Nope, but that's always to be expected. If you played last year's game, or the year before, this game is pretty similar.

Eh... maybe I'll pass.

But if I do, EA still isn't getting any of my money.

When running the ball patience is key.  I don't even hold the turbo button down at all.  You really have to be very patient this year and pay attention to where the opening is.  On that note, you should not always run where the play is diagramed to go.  New features like the one cut do not work when turbo is being held down, thus, moving as you run the ball is smoother without holding turbo.  To me, this is the most realistic running the game has seen.

Also, when you run the football, never look at your QB or RB.  There's no reason to.  Just focus on your offensive line and try to see the hole as soon as possible.

Again, don't use turbo... ever.  I never use turbo at all unless I literally broke away from everyone and there is nobody near me.

This is great because it really punishes non-patient players and people who make poor decisions (picking the wrong hole).   

3 hours ago, showtime said:

When running the ball patience is key.  I don't even hold the turbo button down at all.  You really have to be very patient this year and pay attention to where the opening is.  On that note, you should not always run where the play is diagramed to go.  New features like the one cut do not work when turbo is being held down, thus, moving as you run the ball is smoother without holding turbo.  To me, this is the most realistic running the game has seen.

Also, when you run the football, never look at your QB or RB.  There's no reason to.  Just focus on your offensive line and try to see the hole as soon as possible.

Again, don't use turbo... ever.  I never use turbo at all unless I literally broke away from everyone and there is nobody near me.

This is great because it really punishes non-patient players and people who make poor decisions (picking the wrong hole).   

Must..... resist.... Temptation......

• Like 6

8 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This game when running uses 95% of my i7 4790k CPU...this is ridiculous. However they optimized this game is a joke and it needs to be resolved.

That's so weird. You should go to operation sports and they have a topic where people suggest settings and what not. Mine hovers around 60-70

Edited by Norm

19 minutes ago, Norm said:

That's so weird. You should go to operation sports and they have a topic where people suggest settings and what not. Mine hovers around 60-70

I saw that thread. 56 pages of stuff lol I read through the last few. But I actually just updated to Windows 10 this morning and also replacing my RAM to now have 2x8 sticks of 1866MHz instead of 3x4 1600 so we'll see what that does.

When I close literally every single program except for Origin and M19 it runs pretty smooth (this was from me testing last night) but anything else open (such as if I'm trying to record) and things go south very quickly.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I saw that thread. 56 pages of stuff lol I read through the last few. But I actually just updated to Windows 10 this morning and also replacing my RAM to now have 2x8 sticks of 1866MHz instead of 3x4 1600 so we'll see what that does.

When I close literally every single program except for Origin and M19 it runs pretty smooth (this was from me testing last night) but anything else open (such as if I'm trying to record) and things go south very quickly.

There were some people saying w10 fixed their stuff. Maybe that's the issue? 

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

There were some people saying w10 fixed their stuff. Maybe that's the issue? 

Yeah that's why I updated. Maybe the game is optimized for W10? Not sure, but I looked at the recommended specs last night and my system blows those out of the water. There's really no reason whatsoever I should be having this CPU utilization issue.

36 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah that's why I updated. Maybe the game is optimized for W10? Not sure, but I looked at the recommended specs last night and my system blows those out of the water. There's really no reason whatsoever I should be having this CPU utilization issue.

Absolutely. Hopefully that helps ya.

Did you read through the thread about the potential of PC mods on there btw

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I did not. Any TL;DR?

Some guy shut it down, like not possible, but seems he was wrong and they're already working at it to decrypt files. I have no idea what they can possibly do but I want to find out lol