Madden 19

MacReady

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

If someone can have fun with a bare bones experience, that's their problem. Hell I'm glad someone can enjoy the stuff they make, but until EA gives me a reason to believe that they're actually going give more than the minimum effort, I see no reason to buy their product.

There's no proof they're all barebones. It's all just an opinion to justify crying about them constantly. Almost all of their games stand up to the industry standard within genre for $60 aaa games

An objective eval of this to other aaa sports games bares this out, even if the product doesn't improve much yearly. Most sports titles don't.

I haven't owned Madden in ages and I won't spend money on mut. It's worth what I'll put into it 

15 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I buy a lot of local produce and Mennonite meats because I have that option. I don't have that option for Madden. I'm not going to have a holier than thou attitude and **** on everyone who buys it 

You should by this awesome indie game le Witcher 3. It has this awesome character Geraldo of Rivera. EA bad.. CDPR good. You can even have secs!!

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

You should by this awesome indie game le Witcher 3. It has this awesome character Geraldo of Rivera. EA bad.. CDPR good. You can even have sec!!

Where did I say that anyone should get the Witcher 3? Stop putting words in my mouth.

I said they need to fix their god awful AI and physics, and that I would a deeper experience to be offered. I don't want them to remove some features just to put them back in a couple years later, build upon what you have, instead of retracting features only to bring them back years later pretending they are "new". 

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Where did I say that anyone should get the Witcher 3? Stop putting words in my mouth.

I said they need to fix their god awful AI and physics, and that I would a deeper experience to be offered. I don't want them to remove some features just to put them back in a couple years later, build upon what you have, instead of retracting features only to bring them back years later pretending they are "new". 

Everyone who hates EA loves le Witcher 3 and CDPR. Lol it's a Reddit meme dude

They aren't a perfect company. Madden is one of their lower end products. Overall though they get way too much hate. Even when they do things right like annoucning Origin premier. The whole internet today is going OMFG HOW IS THIS SO CHEAP. THEY ARE SHADY THEY WILL STILL **** US. EVERYONE COVER YOUR BHOLES!! AHHHHHH

It's so overrated.

35 minutes ago, showtime said:

If you have a solid PC, you should get that Origin Premier package that cost $15 a month.  Maybe wait until Battlefield 5 is closer to release so you can play that and Madden unlimited until you with to cancel your subscription.

Yes tell me more about this...lol

6 minutes ago, Norm said:

They aren't a perfect company. Madden is one of their lower end products. Overall though they get way too much hate. Even when they do things right like annoucning Origin premier. The whole internet today is going OMFG HOW IS THIS SO CHEAP. THEY ARE SHADY THEY WILL STILL **** US. EVERYONE COVER YOUR BHOLES!! AHHHHHH

It's so overrated.

TBH they have earned this reputation from their past actions. Personally I think its a little overdone but I will never forgive them for what they have done to some of the developers they bought and the series they ruined. 

5 minutes ago, Norm said:

It's so overrated.

I very much enjoyed the Witcher 3, but at the same time, I realize its not for everyone. I wouldn't know since I've never really used Reddit.

EA's faux pa's are not limited to their sports brands as of late. With Mass Effect Andromeda being handled so poorly and that seemingly carrying to Anthem from everything that can be seen at this point in time. Bioware used to be a great studio, it seems that they rushed Andromeda and put Bioware in a situation where the Mass Effect title had to be put onto the side burner and couldn't be given the proper treatment it needed in favor of Anthem which is now suffering from mass departure of important individuals who were working on the title. 

Then you have the whole debacle of Battlefront and I'm sure you're familiar with that one.

2 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

TBH they have earned this reputation from their past actions. Personally I think its a little overdone but I will never forgive them for what they have done to some of the developers they bought and the series they ruined. 

This whole idea of forgiveness I'll never understand. It's why nobody can be objective about anything they do. They are still dwelling on how they were "hurt." I prefer to be objective about what they do in the present instead of being butt hurt about the past and having it completely ruin my objectivity. I guess I'm the only one who thinks being unbiased makes sense these days.

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

I very much enjoyed the Witcher 3, but at the same time, I realize its not for everyone. I wouldn't know since I've never really used Reddit.

EA's faux pa's are not limited to their sports brands as of late. With Mass Effect Andromeda being handled so poorly and that seemingly carrying to Anthem from everything that can be seen at this point in time. Bioware used to be a great studio, it seems that they rushed Andromeda and put Bioware in a situation where the Mass Effect title had to be put onto the side burner and couldn't be given the proper treatment it needed in favor of Anthem which is now suffering from mass departure of important individuals who were working on the title. 

Then you have the whole debacle of Battlefront and I'm sure you're familiar with that one.

W3 is a good game. No doubt. I sometimes forget not everyone knows Reddit memes.

I'd go further and say they're probably worse outside of the sports games. But again, MEA isn't a great game. But it was not nearly as broken as the freak out on release. Then we find Bioware was pulling staff to anthem, etc etc. Not okay, not the end of the world. I have way more of an issue with that than what the circle jerk early was, the broken animations that were fixed early and I never even experienced with an unpatched version. 

How the hell they thought P2W elements in SWBF was gonna be okay, I'm not sure. But you'd swear reading online every game was some guy who spent 1200 dollars to get the most decked out character ever eating everyone's cookies. Wasn't that case. Not my cup of tea for a game, but again not that terrible either. "We" then got MTXs removed from the game and with the live service model, it murdered it, though it's getting some content now. Truthfully, the rep of that game was sullied by people of which 90%+ had never even played it but were screaming every day how awful it was. That's kind of where I'm at with all this. There's absolutely truths to all of it. It's not made up bullcrap. But it's not NEAR as bad, even in the worst cases like SWBF that it was made out to be either.

8 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If you have EA Origin Access - Basic, do you still get to play Madden for free basically? Or how does this work? Is the difference between Basic and Premier just that you get extra content for each game (Basically the ultimate edition of each game?)?

EA Access allows you to play all of EA's vaulted games (vaulted game are games that aren't current anymore:  Madden 18, older Battlefield games, NBA Live 18, soon to be FIFA 18, NHL 18, etc.  There's probably 40-60 games in the vault).  You get a 10 hour trail of new releases, but you don't own the game and cannot play it anymore after you use up your 10 hours.  This is a subscription that cost $4.99 a month or $29 per year.  This is on PC and Xbox One.

Origin Premium allows you to play any EA game (even new releases) an unlimited amount.  Basically you own the game for as long as you subscription is active.  I believe the cost of this is $15 a month or $99 a year.  You can play brand new games early and you get the deluxe version of every game.  So for example.  The base retail Madden game comes out on August 10th.  If you have Origin Premium, the game comes out for you August 2nd and you get the Hall of Fame edition of the game.  The same thing will happen with NHL, FIFA, Battlefield 5 and any other game EA makes.  This is only on PC.

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If you have EA Origin Access - Basic, do you still get to play Madden for free basically? Or how does this work? Is the difference between Basic and Premier just that you get extra content for each game (Basically the ultimate edition of each game?)?

You'll get 10 hours free time with basic, I believe. Then it locks. It depends on the title, BFV again will be ten hours on basic, with the deluxe version. The older games that are on basic obviously you get the whole extra version stuff. But as the titles release, I believe basic gets ya ten hours on each with some early access.

Just now, Norm said:

I have way more of an issue with that than what the circle jerk early was, the broken animations that were fixed early and I never even experienced with an unpatched version. 

That stuff can at least be fixed, what couldn't be fixed was the poor writing, the dull characters and the lack of interesting elements within the universe presented.

Just my favorite example of such....

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

EA Access allows you to play all of EA's vaulted games (vaulted game are games that aren't current anymore:  Madden 18, older Battlefield games, NBA Live 18, soon to be FIFA 18, NHL 18, etc.  There's probably 40-60 games in the vault).  You get a 10 hour trail of new releases, but you don't own the game and cannot play it anymore after you use up your 10 hours.  This is a subscription that cost $4.99 a month or $29 per year.  This is on PC and Xbox One.

Origin Premium allows you to play any EA game (even new releases) an unlimited amount.  Basically you own the game for as long as you subscription is active.  I believe the cost of this is $15 a month or $99 a year.  You can play brand new games early and you get the deluxe version of every game.  So for example.  The base retail Madden game comes out on August 10th.  If you have Origin Premium, the game comes out for you August 2nd and you get the Hall of Fame edition of the game.  The same thing will happen with NHL, FIFA, Battlefield 5 and any other game EA makes.  This is only on PC.

Well sign me the F up then!

8 minutes ago, Norm said:

This whole idea of forgiveness I'll never understand. It's why nobody can be objective about anything they do. They are still dwelling on how they were "hurt." I prefer to be objective about what they do in the present instead of being butt hurt about the past and having it completely ruin my objectivity. I guess I'm the only one who thinks being unbiased makes sense these days.

Hey if they come out with a great game I will play it. The biggest problem I have with them is the amount of talented development teams that they have destroyed with unrealistic deadlines and sheer stupidity. 

Bioware

Pandemic

Dreamworks

Visceral 

and those are only off the top of my head. Its not only that they do shady things its that IMO have made gaming worse instead of making it better. 

Archived