Madden 19

MacReady

1 minute ago, showtime said:

Yea, but I'm playing in an online league.  All those pieces aren't all that great right now, it's going to take some time to develop all of them.  Time that will be spent losing to much better teams.

I misread, I thought you meant a rebuild team. My b

Played my first online ranked game during the launch.  Was playing against the Cowboys.  Guy plays man coverage and I burn him with an out route to get into FG range and win the game with 2 seconds left.  Punishing those bad Cowboys CB's in man coverage. 

I haven't played against the Jaguars yet.  I'm not even sure how I would attack them since you are risking a ton throwing towards Ramsey and Bouye.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Receivers ratings have always mattered in Madden, but for the first time ever CB's ratings matter.  You can definitely tell a huge difference throwing against an elite CB vs throwing against a really bad CB.

The difference being you can always dominate with guys who are just pure fast. I still dominate with Breshad Perriman.

10 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The difference being you can always dominate with guys who are just pure fast. I still dominate with Breshad Perriman.

WR's can beat Ramsey on slants, but in real life, WR's beat man coverage when they run a quick slant.  Perriman can't dependently beat Ramsey on out routes or curl routes. 

This is really good for people who hot route (or whatever it's called) defenders.  Like playing straight up man coverage, but then manually blitzing the left linebacker, dropping the right end into cover the flat, etc. 

Before it's crazy because you couldn't really play man coverage because Perriman would consistently beat Ramsey on every single route he ran.  In fact, Ramsey would be a garbage CB in previous Madden's.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

I went into a offline franchise just to look at the menus and such.  Seems pretty interesting.  I haven't been in the online franchise yet, but I'm assuming it would look pretty similar.

How so? I usually buy madden every 3-4 years. What's interesting?

8 hours ago, showtime said:

WR's can beat Ramsey on slants, but in real life, WR's beat man coverage when they run a quick slant.  Perriman can't dependently beat Ramsey on out routes or curl routes. 

This is really good for people who hot route (or whatever it's called) defenders.  Like playing straight up man coverage, but then manually blitzing the left linebacker, dropping the right end into cover the flat, etc. 

Before it's crazy because you couldn't really play man coverage because Perriman would consistently beat Ramsey on every single route he ran.  In fact, Ramsey would be a garbage CB in previous Madden's.

But curl routes and out routes are not man beaters (in Madden), especially this year. I can beat Jalen Ramsey every single play with crossing routes with Breshad Perriman. Speed is still king. Slow WR's will not win in man coverage (such as Michael Crabtree) - but fast ones will.

1 hour ago, CrashMan510 said:

Pat Mcafee hooked me up with a madden code. Ive never been happier brehs. 

Congrats!!

7 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

all rb's accelerate slow af 

why they so bad at making it possible to run in this game 

It's not just RB's - it's everyone. I've noticed this year that more often than not (and maybe I'm just doing this wrong?) when you catch a pass, or INT a pass, but your guy will completely stop to turn upfield and lose all momentum. I don't get that. If I catch the ball and tell my player to turn upfield, just keep his momentum going and turn his *** upfield! It's not hard.

Archived