Goldfish - 4 Round Mock

goldfishwars

6.    Bradley Chubb    [    DE    ]    NC State
    35.    Isaiah Oliver    [    CB    ]    Colorado
    50.    D.J. Moore    [    WR    ]    Maryland
    67.    Nick Chubb    [    RB    ]    Georgia
    99.    Alex Cappa    [    G/T    ]    HUMBOLDT STATE

I like it.  My only concern is the lack of LB.  I know it's impossible to hit all our needs in one draft though.

For me the eagles first round pick comes down to a few things. 

1. Does Howie still buy into Andy Reid's team building philosophy? New Howie's 2 years do match the (DL, OL, CB, QB) approach. But is he 100% bought into that or was that a circumstance of doing everything to get a QB and then Derek Barnett falling right into their lap? I think this new Howie will be more open minded about draft tendencies. 

2. What happens to Jason Peters? I personally think that Jason will return to the eagles next year and start at LT again. He and Lurie are best friends and I doubt Lurie would want jason to go anywhere if Jason doesn't want to go. If Jason does come back Vaitai becomes one of the better swing tackles in football. Drafting a guy early to ride pine or even not dress all year seems to go against Howie's current go for it all now approach. (spends every penny in FA he can, trades picks for players to win now)

3. What happens to Nigel Bradham? I think bradham ends up walking in FA. I think Mychal Kendricks is likely traded or cut for cap room. That just leaves the eagles with Jordan Hicks who can't seem to stay healthy. I think this will far and away be the eagles biggest need. 

Some other needs to consider for longer drafts

Tight End (I would put this over WR and RB easily ertz is the only guy on the roster at tight end expected to be on the roster next year)

S

DT/DE

18 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Denver

5.    Quenton Nelson    [    OG    ]    Notre Dame
    37.    Sony Michel    [    RB    ]    Georgia
    69.    Andrew Brown    [    DE    ]    Virginia
    101.    Equanimeous St. Brown    [    WR    ]    Notre Dame
    105.    Tegray Scales    [    OLB    ]    Indiana

Perfect for Denver if we get Cousins

Swap Payne for Hurst for the Chargers in the first round (Liuget is solid, but overpaid, and Philon is an up and comer, who played REALLY well last year at 3T, we don't really have anyone behind Mebane, who's not great at this point in his career and is on a 1 year deal) and Ragnow for Miller in the 2nd (C IMO is the bigger area of need than OT IMO.  Barksdale was decent when in, and was hampered by a broken foot all year, and Tevi looked good in limited snaps last year, He's good enough to be a weak link on an otherwise VERY (if we got Ragnow) good OL.  Pulley still has some developmental value, but he did not play like we thought he was capable after the way he flashed in '16), and you have a perfect mock for us in my books.  Really like Jewell and Lauletta is a guy with starter upside.  Like those picks.

15 hours ago, Duffman57 said:

Swap Payne for Hurst for the Chargers in the first round (Liuget is solid, but overpaid, and Philon is an up and comer, who played REALLY well last year at 3T, we don't really have anyone behind Mebane, who's not great at this point in his career and is on a 1 year deal) and Ragnow for Miller in the 2nd (C IMO is the bigger area of need than OT IMO.  Barksdale was decent when in, and was hampered by a broken foot all year, and Tevi looked good in limited snaps last year, He's good enough to be a weak link on an otherwise VERY (if we got Ragnow) good OL.  Pulley still has some developmental value, but he did not play like we thought he was capable after the way he flashed in '16), and you have a perfect mock for us in my books.  Really like Jewell and Lauletta is a guy with starter upside.  Like those picks.

Thanks man

Archived