Civilization Mafia - GAME OVER - Barbarians win!

Whicker

9 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Don’t most people kind of have an idea to what roles are good and bad for town? I realize not everybody knows the best usuage but you coming out and telling people what to pick sounds scummy

They should.  I mean, I would expect that townies will go after the roles that are the most valuable for town or the most dangerous against town.  

Leave the meh roles for scum.

2 hours ago, Darth Pees said:

Me too!

What happened to the active Darth from the first game you played? Last couple you've been posting sporadically at best 

2 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Can I lock my pick in?

tenor.gif?itemid=5316969

6 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

None

"I'm going to be more active this game".....makes one post and hasn't come back.....is this "don't care" Mookie or is it lying low mafia Mookie? 

36 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Compared to this game?

Famous J has gone to the untouch school of "how to always come off scummy" 

29 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I feel like this Ruskie vote is too easy 

29 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Rags because he’s always scum

Ruskie is too easy so you join the next easiest wagon without a reason?

wrxg_f-maxage-0.gif

KSJ

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

They should.  I mean, I would expect that townies will go after the roles that are the most valuable for town or the most dangerous against town.  

Leave the meh roles for scum.

I liked tk3's post - specifically telling civs to NOT pick either pyramids or mausoleum. Now if you receive a PM from someone....it's from mafia. If someone is janitored....they were mafia. If people follow his lead there we've removed two potentially confusing roles from the game

Mookie

I get that life is busy, but he hasn't done much in a few games, and I'm tired of inactives.

Just now, Ua said:

Ruskie is too easy so you join the next easiest wagon without a reason?

wrxg_f-maxage-0.gif

KSJ

How in the **** am I an easy wagon?  People are hilariously, horrifyingly paranoid that I'm scum every game, so I tend to get mislynched after a couple days.  Plus, they think scum hunting is scummy.  But I'm not an easy wagon.  

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Mookie

I get that life is busy, but he hasn't done much in a few games, and I'm tired of inactives.

How in the **** am I an easy wagon?  People are hilariously, horrifyingly paranoid that I'm scum every game, so I tend to get mislynched after a couple days.  Plus, they think scum hunting is scummy.  But I'm not an easy wagon.  

Sorry, to clarify - you're the easy wagon right now because everyone is jokingly voting you because "Rags is always scum" since before roles were even handed out. And that was KSJ's exact reason to vote you

2 minutes ago, Ua said:

I liked tk3's post - specifically telling civs to NOT pick either pyramids or mausoleum. Now if you receive a PM from someone....it's from mafia. If someone is janitored....they were mafia. If people follow his lead there we've removed two potentially confusing roles from the game

Ew no.  Just no.

That would mean that if a townie decided they wanted a particular role not allowed by Tk3, they have to be scum.  

2 minutes ago, Ua said:

I agree mostly, but I do think mausoleum could be useful for Civs later in the game. 

9 minutes ago, Ua said:

What happened to the active Darth from the first game you played? Last couple you've been posting sporadically at best 

Last game I basically had to exit for personal reasons. The other two I've been plenty active enough. This one though I'm still trying to get a feel for what to do. I hate Day 1's because really I'm no good at making early reads based off of nothing.

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Mookie

Why mookie over md4l?

4 minutes ago, Ua said:

I agree - it makes a ton of sense

But why use logic when you can instead just call it "scummy" for someone to suggest the best civ moves? Easy way for people to pretend like they are scum hunting.

Just now, Ua said:

Sorry, to clarify - you're the easy wagon right now because everyone is jokingly voting you because "Rags is always scum" since before roles were even handed out. And that was KSJ's exact reason to vote you

At this point it's just funny.  And it is an easy way to put a first vote down without being serious at all about it.  

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Ew no.  Just no.

That would mean that if a townie decided they wanted a particular role not allowed by Tk3, they have to be scum.  

Fair counter point, but for those two roles specifically it seems like a pretty good idea. If he told civs to not take a watcher role then I would definitely disagree. But in this isolated incident, it'll cut some potential confusion from the game that mafia could capitalize on

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Ew no.  Just no.

Its not about being "allowed" or not.

It was an attempt to start a conversation and get the civs working on the same page. Tossing out my logic for how the roles play and hope that civs agree and do what is the best for the group.

Its super weird that you are reacting so strongly to this.

Archived