03/10/18 Update: 3-Round Mock Draft (with Trades & Free Agency)

DoleINGout

Cowboys taking a TE in the 1st is realistic, more likely Vander Esch at LB. Murphy signing in FA is way out, he's already said staying with Redskins. Could see Dallas trading or cutting Dez and signing Watkins in free agency, guess we will know in two weeks.

30 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Cowboys taking a TE in the 1st is realistic, more likely Vander Esch at LB. Murphy signing in FA is way out, he's already said staying with Redskins. Could see Dallas trading or cutting Dez and signing Watkins in free agency, guess we will know in two weeks.

I can't tell by your sentence structures if you meant to say that taking a tight end in the first round is unrealistic. But if I'm just overanalyzing your post, then thanks! I think Hayden Hurst is actually worth a first round pick to some teams. As for Trent Murphy, I did not know that he said he was going to re-sign with the Redskins. Murphy does seem like a good fit in Washington. Dez Bryant is still a top sheld talent so if the Cowboysdo trade him I think it would be his attitude has changed.

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Eifert to the Redskins is .... interesting.

Picks are okay, but I am tired of spending 2nd rounders on DE/OLBs

You're like the third person to comment on the Eifert move being "interesting". I think Alex Smith thrived eith Travis Kelce and by adding a slightly more reliable pass catching tight end in Tyler Eifert the Redskins would be doing themselves a favor in transitioning to their new quarterback. I think Mata'afa is a solid improvement to the pass rush for the 'Skins so maybe just one more? Derwin James in the first round and trading for Aqib Talib from the Broncos should help improve the defense as well. Definitely looking like with all of these moves the Redskins will make it into the playoffs.

5 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I'll look into that change because I thought Beau Allen was still going to the Falcons but I must have changed it to the Jets at some point, which I didn't mind when I saw it. Willerson would make sense to the Falcons.

Sweet Wilkerson is a fantastic player and i think he would do well under a brotherhood like the Falcons have.  Seems everyone who comes here enjoys their time here and never has any problems.  Think we would be a good place for Wilkerson to spend some time at and a good fit for what we do.    Also thanks for atleast taking into consideration on the small Vea trade up as i think Vea compared to mcintosh is night and day.  Were talking about a top 10 to 15 player compared to a 3rd or 4th roudn guy value wise :)  For that kind of value im willing to give a 4th this year and 5th next year easily lol.  Plus with getting wilkerson then Mcintosh isn't really needed as much as a legit NT would be at that point.

58 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Sweet Wilkerson is a fantastic player and i think he would do well under a brotherhood like the Falcons have.  Seems everyone who comes here enjoys their time here and never has any problems.  Think we would be a good place for Wilkerson to spend some time at and a good fit for what we do.    Also thanks for atleast taking into consideration on the small Vea trade up as i think Vea compared to mcintosh is night and day.  Were talking about a top 10 to 15 player compared to a 3rd or 4th roudn guy value wise :)  For that kind of value im willing to give a 4th this year and 5th next year easily lol.  Plus with getting wilkerson then Mcintosh isn't really needed as much as a legit NT would be at that point.

The Bears, Seahawks and Vikings may be interested as well as the Bills. If Cousins doesn't sign with the Broncos then maybe they would be interested. It's hard to say what Wilkerson's market will be. The range stretches from teams with sub .500 records like Cleveland ans Tampa Bay to title contenders with a history of motivating guys like the Patriots.

McIntosh is a first round talent and it's close between he and Vea for better prospect.

8 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

The Bears, Seahawks and Vikings may be interested as well as the Bills. If Cousins doesn't sign with the Broncos then maybe they would be interested. It's hard to say what Wilkerson's market will be. The range stretches from teams with sub .500 records like Cleveland ans Tampa Bay to title contenders with a history of motivating guys like the Patriots.

McIntosh is a first round talent and it's close between he and Vea for better prospect.

Respect your opinion on the mcintosh thing but can't say i agree with it as i think you might be the only person i've seen that has said that so far.  But who knows you could be right when it's all said and done he could be an all pro.  But as of right now atleast analysts and mock draft people wise he probably goes round 3 or so if 99% of analysts are right on his value.   Im stubborn myself on B.J. Hill and think he is a 1st round guy honestly but very few others agree with me on it and he prob. also goes round 3 or 4 in the real draft. 

54 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Respect your opinion on the mcintosh thing but can't say i agree with it as i think you might be the only person i've seen that has said that so far.  But who knows you could be right when it's all said and done he could be an all pro.  But as of right now atleast analysts and mock draft people wise he probably goes round 3 or so if 99% of analysts are right on his value.   Im stubborn myself on B.J. Hill and think he is a 1st round guy honestly but very few others agree with me on it and he prob. also goes round 3 or 4 in the real draft. 

I'm in agreement with a couple of Browns fans on here who I respect their opinions as draftniks. @BrownLeader and @BleedTheClock

38 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I'm in agreement with a couple of Browns fans on here who I respect their opinions as draftniks. @BrownLeader and @BleedTheClock

lol me and them always have it out numerous of times every year but i love them none the less and also respect their thoughts rather i agree with them or not.  It makes the mock draft and draft forums better when people have differing opinions.   Lord knows they probably despise seeing me at times when we argue over things in their mocks.  Sometimes i win in the end and get small changed made :P  Also i like to randomly bring it back up when i get something right when im bullish on for the Falcons. 

1 minute ago, FalconFan13 said:

lol me and them always have it out numerous of times every year but i love them none the less and also respect their thoughts rather i agree with them or not.  It makes the mock draft and draft forums better when people have differing opinions.   Lord knows they probably despise seeing me at times when we argue over things in their mocks.  Sometimes i win in the end and get small changed made :P  Also i like to randomly bring it back up when i get something right when im bullish on for the Falcons. 

RJ McIntoch is a strong, long armed guy with enough athleticism to be a constant threat.

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

RJ McIntoch is a strong, long armed guy with enough athleticism to be a constant threat.

Don't get me wrong im not knocking on the guy as a player i just don't have him as any of my top 50 guys or in my top 6 DT's is all :)  Still think he is a solid player and in the 2nd or possibly 3rd round would have no problem taking him if other players i like better are gone.

On 2/17/2018 at 8:10 PM, Hagar said:

I could get behind signing Keenam, but I'm more in the Bridgewater camp for the Vikings. 

As for the draft, I see no reason for taking a RB early with Cook in the line up. Id prefer going OG (or DT if we don't get the likes of Richardson in FA)...maybe one of the top QB's of one falls.

On 2/17/2018 at 8:20 PM, KJtheWicked said:

No. Why would Pittsburgh let their star RB go to their arch rival(and 4/44M isn’t even close) and draft a replacement with their 1st pick, and not even use the money saved to upgrade the defense? Bell isn’t going anywhere, and they need Defense. 

On 2/17/2018 at 9:10 PM, LinderFournette said:

i think Rudolph is a fine jags pick. also think the Arob signing is good for the jags as well.

i would pass on adding Bradford for the jags(it would be redundant to have Bortles + Bradford + Rudolph). i would rather have Bortles then sign bradford(it would likely help us get a comp pick for Lee and Colvin.  i would use the money from Bradford and go after a TE.

On 2/17/2018 at 11:06 PM, ttitansfan4life said:

Lol at that deal for Avery Williamson.... You’re kidding right?

Edit: Also just saw the Kline deal... wtf

On 2/18/2018 at 1:22 AM, NudeTayne said:

I love the signings of Cousins and Trumaine Johnson. I agree with @BleedTheClock that LB and DT are fairly deep positions on the Browns as is. As far as other players/positions to target, free safeties such as Lamarcus Joyner and Tre Boston are popular recommendations in the Browns forum. Also, at least one WR is a big need. Maybe sign one and draft one, one with size and the other as a deep threat with speed/good hands. Signing a mid-level TE to be TE2 to David Njoku, though I don't see a huge signing there. 

On 2/18/2018 at 2:48 AM, FalconFan13 said:

Taven Bryan is a really good pick for the Falcons in round 1. 

Now as far as FA goes
Gabriel probably won't be back as he didn't really do well under Sark in this offense.   I would probably look elsewhere maybe to spend our cap space instead of resigning him.  I think Sark will bring him into SF for a little more than what we offered him honestly.   But i say if they can sign him for what we offered then go for it.

Now as far as Poe goes i hope thats not 3 yrs 18 mil total because theirs no way we won't bring him back for that price to ATL.  He said he loved it here in our scheme and we were happy to pay him 8 mil a year this year and he was worth it.   He will ask for like 10 to 12 a year in this coming contract and if the Falcons could get him for even 3 yrs 21 to 24 mil we would resign him much less for 3 yrs 18 mil that would be a steal and we would 100% have to resign him because we don't have any DT's on the roster besides Grady Jarrett making Poe a priority signing over any position right now.

Also i don't see Justin Pugh in your draft or on the FA list with us needing a OG pretty badly would you be against us getting Pugh as our big time FA this offseason and shore up our OL for the next few years for our SB run window under Ryans last contract.   This would actually allow us to get a younger good WR in round 2 to 4 instead of bringing back Gabriel who has said didn't do well in Sarks scheme this year.

On 2/18/2018 at 9:56 AM, jebrick said:

Why would Bell accept less money from NE than he was offered in Pittsburgh?  Does not make sense.  Why wouldn't SF throw $15M per year at him if he is a FA?  Or the Jets or Cleveland?

On 2/18/2018 at 1:21 PM, Counselor said:

Such a risky contract for Solder

On 2/18/2018 at 4:57 PM, A TRAIN 89 said:

Washington has MANY holes, so to predict they will sign exactly zero of the better FAs makes little sense.

On 2/19/2018 at 12:59 AM, ninjapirate said:

If everything goes wrong in negotiations with Curry and Graham this offseason Hubbard could make some sense. 

On 2/19/2018 at 2:03 AM, Wizbane said:

I actually like everything for the Browns except Cousins, not because I do not like him but I think there is no way he comes to Cleveland.  If we come out of this draft with Barkley, Fitzpatrick and a FA QB, I will feel the Browns won this draft.  I personally would like to see Tyrod Taylor as a Brown, if not him, Bridgewater or McCarron.  Taylor  is a game manager but he does not throw a lot of picks.  With Barkley in the backfield to hand off to, Njoku at TE and either Gordon of maybe a second rd WR, this team could improve.  Work on the defense starting with Fitzpatrick and we could improve rapidly.

On 2/19/2018 at 8:33 AM, zappa13004 said:

Not saying people cant change their mind but considering Brady, Cassel, Mallett, Garoppolo, i do not see the fit with Lamar Jackson ?

On 2/19/2018 at 9:51 AM, INbengalfan said:

Not a fan of the approach for the Bengals, and it'd not because I don't like Vea as a prospect.  The problem is that we have glaring holes all along the offensive line and at LB.  Since we don't dive into free agency until about day five with the second tier guys, we almost HAVE to come out of the first round with one of those needs filled.  I know we are a BPA team, but the team also factors need into it.  Vea would be beastly next to Atkins, and between him and Billings, I think we'd be set at the spot for years.  But now we'd have to chase need through the next few rounds with lesser guys at OT, C, LB.

And you must be very high on Ragnow to have him at #15.  

On 2/19/2018 at 12:52 PM, mlucas12002 said:

Holy hell yes to all of this for Cleveland...plus we would still have enough cap room to add a WR and maybe an extra o-lineman.

On 2/20/2018 at 2:00 PM, QBin2017 said:

Good draft but just a heads up from a Texans fan.

We have about $65M in cap space.  Needs at LT/RT/LG/CB/Slot CB/SS and our new GM said we will be VERY active in FA.  I'm guessing we go after a Safety, LT and a LG prior to the draft.   Also someone at (ESPN?) had us as the 2nd most desirable landing spot for free agents this year.  No income tax, young franchise QB with Foreman/Fuller/Miller/DHop to put up points and talent all over the Defense (albeit big holes in the secondary)

On 2/20/2018 at 2:39 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I feel like bridgewater and mccarron make more. Also I highly doubt we sign Arob to a 6 yr deal coming off an ACL injury especially since the per yr rate only diminished 2m vs the franchise tag

On 2/20/2018 at 5:41 PM, gopherwrestler said:

I understand Richardson for Minnesota and like that, but the only thing that is scatching my head is Sony Michael in the third round.

We have Murray locked up and just drafted Dalvin Cook last year. Seems a touch on the early side to go after a RB with a strong need at the guard position with no F/A signed at the position.

On 2/23/2018 at 4:32 PM, Trentwannabe said:

Jeremy Hill is a bad choice in Buffalo.

I could get behind Ja. Brown, Richburg and Joeckel as depth but not starters. 

I like the first two picks but am wondering what the heck Buffalo is doing at QB?

On 2/23/2018 at 5:32 PM, Bobby816 said:

I like your draft pick for the Jets and that's about it. The FA is pretty awful. The Jets are all in on Cousins. That's Plan A, B and C. If they miss out on him they will just bring back McCown and draft a QB at 6 or even possibly trade up for a QB they want. They're not going to overpay a guy like Keenum... it's Cousins or a rookie. Few other FA issues. Jets dont need a RB bad enough to overpay a guy like Hyde. You don't have us signing a WR which we do need. WE need a C and OG and you have us signing an OT which we dont need. There's literally no way we resign Johnson at C. I do like the Gaines pickup though.

Overall I give this a C-

I like the draft pick and Gaines and that's it.

On 2/25/2018 at 2:21 PM, NudeTayne said:

Most Browns fans will love if this happens. It's time for a second round. And maybe in your next revision you have the son of Zeus come back to Cleveland where he belongs.

On 2/26/2018 at 3:25 PM, rudyZ said:

I don't see the niners signing Lewis and then drafting Guice. 

On 2/27/2018 at 12:11 PM, The Gnat said:

Hurst is solid for the Vikings, and I like the signings, however, I suspect that we'd look OL over DT in round one, or at least I'd like to see us do that. If Berger retires, we'd have a whole at RG, getting the OT from Notre Dame would allow Remmers to play OG, and I think that would be best case scenario for the Vikings.

On 2/27/2018 at 1:41 PM, JonStark said:

Awesome job overall, and you pretty much nailed it for the Rams.

On 2/27/2018 at 5:28 PM, SteelKing728 said:

So to capitalize on our opportunity, we draft another RB?

Dalvin Cook's career isn't over. He's the guy next year. We can keep Murray as a solid backup to him without wasting resources.

On 2/28/2018 at 5:44 AM, MDSteeler1971 said:

By far this is the worst draft picks I've seen for the Steelers...

On 2/28/2018 at 10:53 AM, NVRamsFan said:

Jackson, Vea and Payne all available for the Rams such a hard decision. My gut says Payne but we could use any of them.

On 2/28/2018 at 11:16 AM, Acgott said:

Way too much dancing for the Giants. It makes no sense to trade back twice especially the trade with Buffalo.

On 2/28/2018 at 12:59 PM, Mastercheddaar said:

Not mad about Barkley at #1 but Allen at #4 when Darnold is still on the boards? Also McFadden at #33 is too early for him when you see Oliver, Carlton, Alex, etc at CB available AND Price at C. Price would be BPA by a mile at #33. Also I like the trade an extra 3rd for basically a small move down and a mid rounder. But then you have us taking St Brown over Kirk? Kirk is arguably a top 3 WR in this draft whereas St Brown is arguably a 3rd/4th rounder. 

Not bad... though. Nothing would have made me chunk my controller at the TV. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

On 2/28/2018 at 9:18 PM, Futbudds said:

As long as there isn’t a completely horrible reason why Hurst fell all the way to the bengals’ second round pick I’d be ecstatic. 

18 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Eifert to the Redskins is .... interesting.

Picks are okay, but I am tired of spending 2nd rounders on DE/OLBs

16 hours ago, sandyf said:

I'm really proud of the progress I've made thanks to your feedback. What do you think of the final draft I've mocked up?

Good lord i hope not i hate it :) 

SEA trade Michael Bennett & pick 120 to ATL for pick 58   Sure as heck have no interest in this i wouldn't want him for even just our 3rd alone with nothing coming back.  Bennett is 32 years old and makes  8, 11, and 13 a year for the next 3 years.  We can resign Poe for that price which we refused to do bc of how much he wanted and we couldn't afford it and he is a better player and younger than Bennett.  I have 100% no interest in paying a dirty player like Bennett 13 mil at age 35 and i hope no team would even more so giving up our 2nd round pick to do so even with getting a 4th back that doesn't make it worth it at all.

Archived