03/10/18 Update: 3-Round Mock Draft (with Trades & Free Agency)

DoleINGout

On 2/17/2018 at 7:37 PM, DoleINGout said:

M. Wilkerson, Browns

*This move makes no sense. We have a slew of good young DT's. There is a 0% chance we bring in another DT, especially via FA.

4. J. Allen - QB, CLE

*I hate you.

E. Saint Brown - WR, CLE*

*I like St. Brown, but I'd honestly prefer if we waited like....100 picks later to get him. He's nowhere near this good. Terrible reach.

Pretty salty if this was our off-season.

3 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

*This move makes no sense. We have a slew of good young DT's. There is a 0% chance we bring in another DT, especially via FA.

*I hate you.

*I like St. Brown, but I'd honestly prefer if we waited like....100 picks later to get him. He's nowhere near this good. Terrible reach.

Pretty salty if this was our off-season.

Wilkerson will be cheap and play end as much as anything else. Listed under DE. I know how you feel about me by your posts, I accept it. I disagree about St. Brown not going early.

6 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Wilkerson will be cheap and play end as much as anything else. Listed under DE. I know how you feel about me by your posts, I accept it. I disagree about St. Brown not going early.

Wilkerson is a DE in a 3-4. He is most certainly not a 4-3 DE. The dude weighs over 300 pounds. He's a DT .

Wilkerson probably won't be cheap. Plus he's a lazy piece of crap. He's the opposite of what our young team needs. There is no reason to take reps away from the young guys that actually try and are good to get Wilkerson on the field. I love a lot of the DT's in this draft class, but I have conceded the fact that they don't belong on the Browns. There is no place for a DT. I don't even want us to sign anyone else in his place....just remove Wilkerson if you're trying to appease Browns fans.

90% of drafts I see have St. Brown going in rounds 4-6. This is right in line where I think he should go based on the tape. Earlier in the season his stock was high. People have caught on to the overhype and corrected his stock into the mid rounds.

1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:

*NE trades Rob Gronkowski to ARI for 2019 Conditional 1st Round Pick

Wow. I don't think there's any chance New England could get more than a 3rd for Gronk with his age, injury history, and the fact that he's been seriously considering retirement. This move doesn't make sense for Arizona, who will be looking at a rebuild with a fresh-faced QB.

56 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Wilkerson is a DE in a 3-4. He is most certainly not a 4-3 DE. The dude weighs over 300 pounds. He's a DT .

Wilkerson probably won't be cheap. Plus he's a lazy piece of crap. He's the opposite of what our young team needs. There is no reason to take reps away from the young guys that actually try and are good to get Wilkerson on the field. I love a lot of the DT's in this draft class, but I have conceded the fact that they don't belong on the Browns. There is no place for a DT. I don't even want us to sign anyone else in his place....just remove Wilkerson if you're trying to appease Browns fans.

90% of drafts I see have St. Brown going in rounds 4-6. This is right in line where I think he should go based on the tape. Earlier in the season his stock was high. People have caught on to the overhype and corrected his stock into the mid rounds.

I agree with everything about Wilkerson but I think he could trim down and adjust to a role as a 4-3 end and 3rd down DT pass rusher. I just thought he had to sign somewhere and the Browns would be the team to sign him, (and cut him by pre-season if he doesn't perform or has a negative influence). Not trying to appease any Browns fans. More like a kick the tires type deal with a front office that places a high emphasizes on contract value.

St. Brown could be a considered a reach when so many project him to be a midround pick, but there are usually "reaches" for players that one particular scout/GM/coach likes. I think St. Brown is worthy of consideration early and I think the Browns are a good fit.

Gronkowksi is pretty much infuriating Belichick right about now with all of the media games surrounding his retirement. So many reports have surfaced saying he did not have fun in 2017. Well, Arizona is where he went to college and Belichick sent Chandler Jones there a few year ago. Arizona could use the help for a run in the playoffs and I think a conditional 2nd round pick next year would turn into the Cardinals 1st after Gronk goes off this season. The idea of trading Gronkowski has recently been debated in local New England media outlets. I think the money and the headache saved for Belichick at this point will be worth it to spend on an eventual free agent to be like Ndomukong Suh.

3 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I think he could trim down and adjust to a role as a 4-3 end

Sure he could trim down, but why would a dude with alleged work ethic problems and a history of gaining bad weight all of a sudden decide to man up for the Browns? This would be a waste of money in my opinion.

I'd be furious if I were a Cardinals fan and we traded a 1st/2nd round pick for an oft-injured player on the verge of retirement. Do you by chance root for New England?

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

Sure he could trim down, but why would a dude with alleged work ethic problems and a history of gaining bad weight all of a sudden decide to man up for the Browns? This would be a waste of money in my opinion.

I'd be furious if I were a Cardinals fan and we traded a 1st/2nd round pick for an oft-injured player on the verge of retirement. Do you by chance root for New England?

If Willerson is not pursued by many or any teams and he still wants to play just to get paid, he will earn as much in incentives as he's willing to get which could potentially be a lot. If not, expect Wilkerson to be cut or remain unsigned for a while. He used to be very athletic and compared to JJ Watt his first few years. I'm sure a little bit of motivation will carry him to success as big 4-3 end if that's the type of role he signs to play in with some team like the Browns.

Rob Gronkowski is the best tight end and it isn't close. He is 28 years old. He just finished playing in 17 games including the postseason. The reports of his retirement are a essentially him being unhappy in New England in 2017. To say he is on the verge of retirement is premature I think. Assuming he does not retire after one more season, he is not on the decline physically in any way. Gronkowski was as dominant last season as at any other time in his career.

Look this is a easy fix the Falcons need another good FA DT since Poe seems to be gone if we can get Wilkerson around 8 mil and under a year compared to what has been said for poe at 11 to 12  a year for a few years then bring MR. Wilkerson to the Falcons and it makes Bleed a happy fellow and gives us a replacement.  Easy fix for everyone involved my friend. 

Also while you are at it see if The giants or rams are interested in our 1st and 4th to come up like 3 or so spots to get Vita Vea to be our new NT to replace Poe.  

Grady Jarrett, Vita, Vea, Wilkerson, and 1 more DT we can pickup would be a fantastic group of DT's to rotate for us and about the best we could pray for at this point.

14 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Do you care to elaborate a little? By many peoples evaluations, the Steelers would be getting the best cornerback in the draft. You're adding help on defense to an old secondary and finding a backup quarterback who could be groomed for the starting position in a year or two behind an old injury-prone starter who has in the last year spoken about retirement openly. When I read a post like yours, there is almost nothing to learn from because it is lacking constructive criticism.

Ward is not the best CB in the draft for one. We have 3 QBs under contract, one that they just extended, so we are not going to carry 4. The teams most pressing need is ILB, FS, then CB or even OLB and then NT. QB is not even close. There has been talk about Jackson being drafted to play "Slash" type role but that is not a pressing need. Anything on the offensive side of the ball is a luxury pick unless we let Bell walk.

8 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Look this is a easy fix the Falcons need another good FA DT since Poe seems to be gone if we can get Wilkerson around 8 mil and under a year compared to what has been said for poe at 11 to 12  a year for a few years then bring MR. Wilkerson to the Falcons and it makes Bleed a happy fellow and gives us a replacement.  Easy fix for everyone involved my friend. 

Also while you are at it see if The giants or rams are interested in our 1st and 4th to come up like 3 or so spots to get Vita Vea to be our new NT to replace Poe.  

Grady Jarrett, Vita, Vea, Wilkerson, and 1 more DT we can pickup would be a fantastic group of DT's to rotate for us and about the best we could pray for at this point.

I'll look into that change because I thought Beau Allen was still going to the Falcons but I must have changed it to the Jets at some point, which I didn't mind when I saw it. Willerson would make sense to the Falcons.

11 hours ago, Futbudds said:

As long as there isn’t a completely horrible reason why Hurst fell all the way to the bengals’ second round pick I’d be ecstatic. 

I would be too. Very good prospect in my opinion. Michael Bennett like.

8 hours ago, MDSteeler1971 said:

Ward is not the best CB in the draft for one. We have 3 QBs under contract, one that they just extended, so we are not going to carry 4. The teams most pressing need is ILB, FS, then CB or even OLB and then NT. QB is not even close. There has been talk about Jackson being drafted to play "Slash" type role but that is not a pressing need. Anything on the offensive side of the ball is a luxury pick unless we let Bell walk.

I don't disagree with you about Ward. I'm just saying he is considered by many the top guy and at 28 he seemingly presents value to the Steelers when they could use the help. I changed the second round pick of the Steelers from Luke Falk to USC linebacker Uchenna Nwosu. Don't forget I put Avery Williamson signing in Pittsburgh as well, and Ryan Shazier is going to return eventually.

edit: Entering the third round there are and will be plenty of free safety and nose guard prospects available. The value for corners in this draft is in the second round but a few guys like Joshua Jackson, Mike Hughes, and Denzel Ward can creep into the first.

Archived