Draft Rumor Mill - All Things Related

kgarrett12486

On 3/30/2018 at 11:12 AM, bucsfan333 said:

I would rather have the top DE from each of the last two drafts regardless of who I have at RB.

I’m high on Obgah. Think he is a perfect compliment to Garrett. But him as a #3 DE would be scary. Dominant DL are only ways to stop/slow down the best teams.

How likely does everyone think it is that either Nelson or more so Barkley falls to 7? Because at that point we draft him. Then we take either a G, S or CB at 38 and go into the season with still a few holes. 

Only way we head into the season with basically every hole filled is to have all of the top 3 guys taken in the top 6 and then be forced to trade back and pick up another 1st or 2nd. As much as I would like one of the top 3 guys, this may be the best move.

53 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

How likely does everyone think it is that either Nelson or more so Barkley falls to 7? Because at that point we draft him. Then we take either a G, S or CB at 38 and go into the season with still a few holes. 

Only way we head into the season with basically every hole filled is to have all of the top 3 guys taken in the top 6 and then be forced to trade back and pick up another 1st or 2nd. As much as I would like one of the top 3 guys, this may be the best move.

I do think one of them falls because they both play perceived easily replaceable positions.  Also, as much as I love Nelson he is more of a mauler like Carl Nicks then other guards who offer more of a pulling facet to their game.  It's not that he can't pull, but I think Martin or Mankins had better feet because of their ability to play tackle.  Nelson is a guard who will grab a hold of a guy and not quit until he drives the guy in the turf.  I love him pass protection, one kick step and lock onto the guy. 

And I don't understand the perception that Barkley doesn't run with power.  He s elusive enough that he doesnt need to take on blockers and take punishment.  Somehow this is a negative.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

I do think one of them falls because they both play perceived easily replaceable positions.  Also, as much as I love Nelson he is more of a mauler like Carl Nicks then other guards who offer more of a pulling facet to their game.  It's not that he can't pull, but I think Martin or Mankins had better feet because of their ability to play tackle.  Nelson is a guard who will grab a hold of a guy and not quit until he drives the guy in the turf.  I love him pass protection, one kick step and lock onto the guy. 

And I don't understand the perception that Barkley doesn't run with power.  He s elusive enough that he doesnt need to take on blockers and take punishment.  Somehow this is a negative.

So you agree that we are picking either Nelson or Barkley at 7, whoever falls? 

Maybe a silly question, but would that be your preference over possibly trading back and gaining an extra 2nd to get 3 top prospects in the first 2 rounds vs 2? If we need one of RB, SS, CB, OG for the future, sure Barkley send Nelson would be huge for the next 10 years, but with many good RB’s and G’s it almost feels like trading back would be better to get the extra player.

10 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

So you agree that we are picking either Nelson or Barkley at 7, whoever falls? 

Maybe a silly question, but would that be your preference over possibly trading back and gaining an extra 2nd to get 3 top prospects in the first 2 rounds vs 2? If we need one of RB, SS, CB, OG for the future, sure Barkley send Nelson would be huge for the next 10 years, but with many good RB’s and G’s it almost feels like trading back would be better to get the extra player.

yes, I believe Chubb, Barkley, and Nelson are clearly above the next group of prospects.  No need to trade back for extra picks if you can draft an elite prospect.

18 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Carl Nicks was a stud! Dude would literally dominate at the POA every snap on run plays. Don’t forget he was a tackle at college too. RB and G don’t usually go high so there’s a 70% either one is there. Chubb is least likely. Bucs secure Nelson, I'm hoping for CB round two. RB later

1 hour ago, indifference said:

Carl Nicks was a stud! Dude would literally dominate at the POA every snap on run plays. Don’t forget he was a tackle at college too. RB and G don’t usually go high so there’s a 70% either one is there. Chubb is least likely. Bucs secure Nelson, I'm hoping for CB round two. RB later

I dont think it is an accident Licht hasn't addressed guard or RB.  He tried with McKinnon and got out bid.  With as much as he paid Jensen, no doubt Nelson is top 2 on his draft board.  Barkley is a 3 down back, I just dont see Indy selecting him.   There is a first for everything, but the Dorsey/Ballard combo in KC has never drafted a RB in the 1st round.  At least 2 for the secondary, 1 pass rusher, 1 QB and 1 olinemen off the top of my head.

Take it for what it's worth...

MMQB's Peter King was told by a "friend of Cleveland GM John Dorsey" the Browns will select Wyoming QB Josh Allen with the No. 1 overall pick.

The Browns have been strongly linked with USC's Sam Darnold at No. 1, but it appears as if that is not a done deal. The "friend" also expects Cleveland to stay at No. 4 overall and select Penn State RB Saquon Barkley, assuming he is not taken by the Giants at No. 2.

Just now, ravishingone said:

I thought it was Rosen when he declared not Allen, but I could be misremembering (Roger Clemens reference)

Maybe. I just remember there was a QB other than Darnold that was supposed to go number one a one point.

Archived