Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

I think I would just like to get Darnold at 1 and Barkley at 5, then focus on the rest of the draft. Flip picks with Broncos to move back a spot and pick up some compensation in the process. Use 33 and 35 (with liberal movement via trade) on the best defensive guy and DJ Moore.

This team could use some visual excitement. We’ve been starved of it for so long. Let’s create some memorable plays and moments.

QB Sam Darnold

RB Saquon Barkley

RB Carlos Hyde

RB/WR Duke Johnson

WR Josh Gordon

WR DJ Moore

WR Jarvis Landry

WR Corey Coleman

TE David Njoku

That should provide it.

1 hour ago, Aztec Hammer said:

What’s the book on Leighton Vander Esch?

How good is this dude? I’ve seen comps to Urlacher.

He’s really good.  Didn’t think he’d test as well as he did.

I think he’ll be a good player for a long time. Urlacher comp is fair and applies to both he and Edmunds imo.

15 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I know it’s been kicked around here already a bit, but I’m kind of intrigued by the idea of Derwin at corner.

I think he fits the physical profile of what Williams wants and is an elite athlete.

One more guy to target in a trade down at 4.

We practically have four first round picks this year. It really is insane. Especially when you consider we had three last year. 

Top QB at 1

Top non-QB at 4

Impact starter at 33

Impact starter at 35

At the least we should be able to get that done. And that's without taking into consideration the possibility of trading from 4 of multiple firsts or trading up with 33 and 35 for another top player at his position.

I need to watch some of the top Corners. It feels like there still isn't a consensus on the top guys, except Denzel Ward who seems firmly entrenched as the number one.

Jackson, Hughes, Oliver, Davis, Alexander... they seem quite interchangeable in rankings. Would be nice to get some clarity on how good they really are and what their value is.

Josh Jackson... I would love this guy at 33. He seems like a Dorsey pick all over. Zone CB playmaker with crazy production against top names like Ohio State and Josh Allen. Which Dorsey loves. Great size and got some Marcus Peters to him. I saw at the Combine he really flopped one of the backpedal drills to the point they had to stop him and just move on but he also looked good high pointing the ball downfield and that is very evident in his game tape as well. The athletic numbers aren't special but man I would enjoy watching him make game changing plays for us.

The Combine seems to have dinged him quite a bit and the idea of him being available at 33 now seems quite viable.

I'm on board with that. 

Denzel Ward is super sticky in coverage but I noticed he doesn't get his head turned to the ball quite a lot. Might get called for PIs in the NFL? I think if I have the choice of Ward at 4 or Jackson at 33, I take the latter. 

Another guy I really like. DJ Chark. Perfect fit for us opposite Flash. 6'4, 200, 4.34. Played with a terrible QB at LSU apparently, and the highlights seem to show him often being the only guy running a route (mostly some variation of a deep one). Went to the Senior Bowl and absolutely ripped it up.

Either of the DJ receivers would be awesome but I think Chark suits us because he stretches the field opposite Gordon and allows for Landry and Njoku to work without clutter in the middle.

1. Sam Darnold

5 (after pick flip with Broncos). Saquon Barkley

33. Josh Jackson

35. DJ Chark

31 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

We practically have four first round picks this year. It really is insane. Especially when you consider we had three last year. 

Top QB at 1

Top non-QB at 4

Impact starter at 33

Impact starter at 35

At the least we should be able to get that done. And that's without taking into consideration the possibility of trading from 4 of multiple firsts or trading up with 33 and 35 for another top player at his position.

27 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I need to watch some of the top Corners. It feels like there still isn't a consensus on the top guys, except Denzel Ward who seems firmly entrenched as the number one.

Jackson, Hughes, Oliver, Davis, Alexander... they seem quite interchangeable in rankings. Would be nice to get some clarity on how good they really are and what their value is.

15 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Josh Jackson... I would love this guy at 33. He seems like a Dorsey pick all over. Zone CB playmaker with crazy production against top names like Ohio State and Josh Allen. Which Dorsey loves. Great size and got some Marcus Peters to him. I saw at the Combine he really flopped one of the backpedal drills to the point they had to stop him and just move on but he also looked good high pointing the ball downfield and that is very evident in his game tape as well. The athletic numbers aren't special but man I would enjoy watching him make game changing plays for us.

The Combine seems to have dinged him quite a bit and the idea of him being available at 33 now seems quite viable.

I'm on board with that. 

Denzel Ward is super sticky in coverage but I noticed he doesn't get his head turned to the ball quite a lot. Might get called for PIs in the NFL? I think if I have the choice of Ward at 4 or Jackson at 33, I take the latter. 

2 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Another guy I really like. DJ Chark. Perfect fit for us opposite Flash. 6'4, 200, 4.34. Played with a terrible QB at LSU apparently, and the highlights seem to show him often being the only guy running a route (mostly some variation of a deep one). Went to the Senior Bowl and absolutely ripped it up.

Either of the DJ receivers would be awesome but I think Chark suits us because he stretches the field opposite Gordon and allows for Landry and Njoku to work without clutter in the middle.

1. Sam Darnold

5 (after pick flip with Broncos). Saquon Barkley

33. Josh Jackson

35. DJ Chark

These are all very solid posts. @Mind Character, you're the worst (again).

Archived