Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Let's not pretend like the Browns (Hue Jackson in particular) didn't do him any favors.  Coming out of Notre Dame, he was a year away from being a year away and they immediately threw him into the fire.  And then they kept pulling him out of the lineup and throwing him back in there, and the whole situation was screwed up.  He should have been the #3 QB the entire year, but the 2017 Browns were a dumpster fire at the QB position.  It really was no wonder that Kizer struggled as a rookie.

Hue Jackson didn't throw the ball into quadruple coverage multiple times in close games. Hue Jackson didn't throw the football directly at defenders in the red zone every time we were lucky enough to get inside the 20.

Deshone Kizer is the least clutch player I think I've ever seen take a snap in the NFL. Hue Jackson sucks too, but he's not going to be a scapegoat for Kizer's hilariously bad decision making.

26 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Deshone Kizer is the least clutch player I think I've ever seen take a snap in the NFL. Hue Jackson sucks too, but he's not going to be a scapegoat for Kizer's hilariously bad decision making.

Agree re Kizer being non-clutch.

But Hueball contributed greatly to Kizer's failure.

3 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Agree re Kizer being non-clutch.

But Hueball contributed greatly to Kizer's failure.

Yeah, he played him. We can all hate Kessler as much as we want but there is no way the Browns have could have fared as poorly if Kessler was the starter last season. It's hindsight, as Kizer could have been better than we thought and progressed from what he did in preseason instead of regressing. Coaches are usually judged from hindsight though so it is fair.

Also if Kessler would have started we may not be drafting #1 so there are positives to what Kizer brought.

See i thought maybe kizer's what the" throws could be corrected. Then came the revelation that he has a migraine issue that doesnt sound curable. Even if some symptoms that take him off the field dont manifest ther are more subtle ones that may cause the mistakes we saw. Could be a real good player most ofnthe time, and then all the suddden just ruin the game.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Hue Jackson didn't throw the ball into quadruple coverage multiple times in close games. Hue Jackson didn't throw the football directly at defenders in the red zone every time we were lucky enough to get inside the 20.

Kizer making those mistakes early in the season, totally on him.

Kizer making those mistakes late in the season, totally on the coaching staff. 

also lets not forget that Hue rigged the so called QB competition to make Kizer look like he was the winner.  Also thought McCown wasnt good enough to play but good enough to be a coach for the staff. 

Huebris' made that crap sandwich, now he better enjoy every bite!

3 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

I’m trying to my hardest to not listen to all these people but I’m going to have a pit in my stomach till any QB but Allen’s the pick at 1 

I think it is a knot that you will have in your stomach.

It should be there, too, if Mayfield is the pick.

Rosen is risky because of fragility but should be a good QB so I could see that pick, unless it was Hueball's with Haslam's support.

Otherwise, it clearly is Darnold.

4 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I think it is a knot that you will have in your stomach.

It should be there, too, if Mayfield is the pick.

Rosen is risky because of fragility but should be a good QB so I could see that pick, unless it was Hueball's with Haslam's support.

Otherwise, it clearly is Darnold.

Im not really afraid of who they pick for a QB. For once, it seems like they have a legit plan in place and coaches on staff that can develop a young raw QB. I perfer Darnold but I can see Allen being the pick.

I like the fact they have two legit vet QBs sitting as QB1 and QB2. Tyrod is a QB who isnt going to make mistake after mistake and force a coaching staff's hand to be replace. If something happens I have strong faith in Stanton to be the QB. So I would be confident in the rookie not playing. I also have faith in Zamp and haley as the main coaches who will work with the QB, especially Zamp. Dude has been around some amazing offenses and amazing QBs. Im glad he bombed as an OC with cincy last year cause that means he could be the QB coach for awhile

49 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

How so? Kizer was throwing the ball directly at defensive players. Hue didn't do that.

Technically no coach makes any bad plays on the field. Unless they are a player/coach I guess.

We should have ran the football more on offense and we shouldn't have played so far back on defense.

Forget Kizer, he was clearly thrown to the wolves in order to get the #1 pick in this year's draft. He never stood any kind of a chance at succeeding thrown in as the starter in game one, a 2nd round pick??? How many teams have started the season with a 2nd round rookie QB as their starter = none in my memory, so we got exactly what was reasonable to expect, an 0-16 season.  Anybody who thought for a moment, that he could win a game or 2 was simply in fantasyland!!! 

When a Peyton, the 1st overall pick was asked to start, he threw 26 interceptions as a rookie , Eli, another 1st overall pick was asked to start a season, he completely stunk for a year or 2!!! What did anybody really think was going to happen with Kizer being asked to start game 1 and he wasn't even close to being the #1 pick in the draft???

What Hue and Sachi did to Kizer was a crime IMO and blaming Kizer is just not fair, even though I was not a fan!!! Let it go guys, it isn't even worth discussing!

3 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Technically no coach makes any bad plays on the field. Unless they are a player/coach I guess.

We should have ran the football more on offense and we shouldn't have played so far back on defense.

Hue made his share of bad decisions.  It is what it is, he took too much on himself from day 1 going it without an OC.  That is his biggest bad decision.  Hate him if you want, I expect a very good year this year from our team, our young roster, and our coaching staff as a whole.  Its good to be a Browns fan right now.  I just have to have faith that Dorsey will hit a home run in the draft.  Even if he lays an egg and drafts Chad Pennington... I mean Darnold, I am still optimistic for this season, because this season belongs to Taylor, not any QB that we draft.  I think there is a bigger chance that the hoodie is not on the sidelines in New England for the 2019 season than there is that Hue is not on the sidelines for the Browns in 2019.  How is that for going out on a limb?

By the way, Kizer should never have seen the field, you could have had the ghost of Bill Walsh coaching and he would have still sucked.  Kid doesn't have the accuracy, and certainly doesn't have the mental capability.

5 hours ago, buno67 said:

Kizer making those mistakes early in the season, totally on him.

Kizer making those mistakes late in the season, totally on the coaching staff. 

also lets not forget that Hue rigged the so called QB competition to make Kizer look like he was the winner.  Also thought McCown wasnt good enough to play but good enough to be a coach for the staff. 

Huebris' made that crap sandwich, now he better enjoy every bite!

Who do you think should have won the QB competition?  Is the old place still up so we can go dig through the archives?  Pretty sure you were sticky in the shorts for Kizer.

6 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

How so? Kizer was throwing the ball directly at defensive players. Hue didn't do that.

If a player makes the same mistake all season long, either the coach didn’t coach him up proper or isn’t properly adjusting to his players. Hue never tried to make the game easier for Kizer. I think he did that twice. Green Bay and Lions I believe 

thats why I said early on it’s on the player because the coach has no idea what tendacies there are going to be. Later on in the season, the coach should have an idea of what should be happening

Archived