Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

He was probably our most effective QB last year. He was bad in the Houston game but otherwise the offense moved much better with him in there. I don't think he actually holds any value,  but he would have been 6th in TD% in the league last year had he had enough attempts to qualify. Then again, he would have led the league in interception percentage too, bumping Kizer from having that title.

I never though he got a fair shake last season. He had a very bad game after several effective drives. I don't disagree with going back to Kizer but when he kept up his level of ineptness for 2 or maybe even 3 games then we should have went back to Hogan and given him the rest of the season. 

I in no means believe that he was ever going to play his way into being the starter or anything else for that matter but I do believe he was far and away the most prepared and capable QB on the roster last season. 

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

His athleticism is rare and the natural talent is there.

He reminds me of a raw D’Brickashaw Ferguson.

Is he the guy that ran the really fast 40 for an OL? He looked like a great athlete for the position at the Combine. That’s the only time I’ve seen him.

I read Dorsey believes in taking a Tackle every year.

6 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Is he the guy that ran the really fast 40 for an OL? He looked like a great athlete for the position at the Combine. That’s the only time I’ve seen him.

He ran well, yeah.

Had some off the field issues that led to him playing at a small school.  Top tier physical ability though.

3 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

If that is what he believe then he is not a many that sticks to his beliefs. He has drafted exactly 1 OT in his 5 years as a GM and that was #1 overall Eric Fisher. After that he drafted 1 OC in the 6th and 4 OG's in the 6th, 6th, 2nd and 4th rounds. Two of those guards; Duvernay-Tariff and Ehringer were both college OTs but it was well known that they were nothing but OG prospects at the NFL level.

1 minute ago, TheeRealDeal said:

If that is what he believe then he is not a many that sticks to his beliefs. He has drafted exactly 1 OT in his 5 years as a GM and that was #1 overall Eric Fisher. After that he drafted 1 OC in the 6th and 4 OG's in the 6th, 6th, 2nd and 4th rounds. Two of those guards; Duvernay-Tariff and Ehringer were both college OTs but it was well known that they were nothing but OG prospects at the NFL level.

As it goes I didn’t even read it, I saw him say it in an interview. So the above is very interesting!

1 hour ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Derrius Guice, Sony Michel, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones. Four backs I really like. They offer different things but any of them in the 2nd would be sweet.

I like those 4 as well.  I’d love to grab one of them at 33 or 35.

25 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

16 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I think he said he believes in taking an OL every year, but I could be wrong there.

I think if we do not make any trades, which seems unlikely, the players I would like to see us pick up in each round (I am obviously guessing if they are still there or not) would be as follows:

1.(1)  Sam Darnold - QB; 1. (4) Bradley Chubb - DE

2. (33) Jaire ALexander - CB or Isaiah Oliver - CB; 2.(35) DJ Chark WR;  2. (64) Ronald Jones - RB or Nick Chubb RB;

4. (114) Equanimeous St, Brown - WR or Simmie Cobbs WR

5. (150) Jamarco Jones - OT or Joseph Noteboom - OT

6. (175) Dimitri Flowers - FB; (205) Will Clapp - C/OG

4 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Derrius Guice, Sony Michel, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones. Four backs I really like. They offer different things but any of them in the 2nd would be sweet.

I can't remember who, I saw some analyst's big board, and he had Guice ranked AHEAD of Barkley, with Michel right behind. To some extent, I can't disagree, either. 

Barkley has this tendency to be hesitant when it comes to running between the tackles, up the gut. Always looking for the homerun play, he'll juke side to side before running into a brick wall and chugging forward for a couple yards. That's something Guice has never shied away from, and while Barkley may occasionally find his late opening, it's not going to work out well more often than not. His skills are off the charts, but I think what we need from a back thrown into the mix with Hyde and Duke is more along the lines of a Guice or Michel. 

8 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I can't remember who, I saw some analyst's big board, and he had Guice ranked AHEAD of Barkley, with Michel right behind. To some extent, I can't disagree, either. 

Scot McCloughan liked Guice better than Barkley last fall also, fwiw.

10 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Barkley has this tendency to be hesitant when it comes to running between the tackles, up the gut. Always looking for the homerun play, he'll juke side to side before running into a brick wall and chugging forward for a couple yards. That's something Guice has never shied away from, and while Barkley may occasionally find his late opening, it's not going to work out well more often than not. His skills are off the charts, but I think what we need from a back thrown into the mix with Hyde and Duke is more along the lines of a Guice or Michel. 

Can’t lie I just watched some of Guice’s highlights the other night. After I finished I was thinking the same thing, what makes Barkley head and shoulders above him?  Don’t get me wrong I think Barkley should go over him but I think Guice will be really good in his own right. Heck for that matter I think there will be many good backs coming out of this draft. 

Side note: if they were in the same draft I’d take Elliott over Barkley. Yeah I will probably be called a homer, but whatever 9_9

Archived