Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

On 4/4/2018 at 8:52 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

How?

If he doesn’t like the deal he hits the free agent market unrestricted next offseason and can go to the highest bidder after a year of making franchise tag money.

Not sure I’m following how OBJ would lessen Landry’s number in any way.

we only trade for obj if l

On 4/4/2018 at 9:08 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d imagine they would, pretty dumb to start a negotiation lower than that.

I just don’t see him settling for anything before he gets a whack at the open market. Would you?

landry comes in at about the dez bryant deal

On 4/5/2018 at 8:41 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think he said he believes in taking an OL every year, but I could be wrong there.

That would make more sense. I believe every team should be thinking of taking OL every year. There is never enough to go around.

17 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

That would make more sense. I believe every team should be thinking of taking OL every year. There is never enough to go around.

Ideally you’re taking someone at most position groups every year.

OL, DL, LB, DB, and WR should all be taken every year IMO.

RB, TE and QB at least every other.

8 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Ideally you’re taking someone at most position groups every year.

OL, DL, LB, DB, and WR should all be taken every year IMO.

RB, TE and QB at least every other.

yes.when you don't holes show up in your roster so big you could park a bus in them. 

I watched some games from 13&14 we had heaps of decent players, but in 13 our oline sucked despite having thomas, Scwartz and Mack our guard play was horrific. Both years our dline and run stopping was terrible. Part of that was coaching and scheme though. We were not far away from being a bad playoff team. 

Man I hope we at least get to bad playoff team in the next two years. 

The Only Names I Want to Hear With Our 1st & 2nd Round Picks:

1. Sam Darnold QB USC

2a. Bradley Chubb DE NC State 

2b. Josh Rosen QB UCLA

3. Mike Hughes CB UCF

4. Denzel Ward CB Ohio State

5. Roquan Smith LB Georgia

6. DJ Moore WR Maryland

7. Saquon Barkley RB Penn State

8. Da'Ron Payne DT Alabama

9. Mike McGlinchey LT Notre Dame

10. Taven Bryan DT Florida

11. Dane Cruikshank FS Arizona

12. Jaire Alexander CB Louisville

13. Tremaine Edmunds LB Virginia Tech

14. Derrius Guice RB LSU

15. Minkah Fitzpatrick SS/NCB Alabama

16. Dallas Goedert TE South Dakota St.

17. Duke Dawon CB Florida

18. Sony Michel RB Georgia

19. Mark Walton RB Miami

20. Tim Settle DT Virginia Tech

@Mind Character Bro you're missing some GREAT potential prospects on there...we can't limit it to 20 names. How about the names you DON'T want to hear?

Minus the obvious Day 3 prospects, my list would probably be Josh Allen and Kolton Miller.

EDIT: Unless, you don't want guys like Oliver, Chark, etc in round 2. I guess I didn't factor that in.

3 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

@Mind Character Bro you're missing some GREAT potential prospects on there...we can't limit it to 20 names. How about the names you DON'T want to hear?

Minus the obvious Day 3 prospects, my list would probably be Josh Allen and Kolton Miller.

EDIT: Unless, you don't want guys like Oliver, Chark, etc in round 2. I guess I didn't factor that in.

I have a big board of 33 players that I've watched and I believe in...they're in my signature..., but I've watch 7 games of Isaiah Oliver, 5 of Kolton Miller, and 5 of DJ Chark... I don't believe in any of their ability as longterm prospects that I'd take in the 1st or 2nd round....

Chark plays with no physicality,gets easily pushed off his route, and has great underwear Olympic athleticism and did well in an all star game, but doesn't get great separation (despite limited opportunities of course...)

Miller has a terrible anchor and plays with a narrow base allowing DEs to run a quick circle around him...he has terrible leverage and no leg drive...

Isaiah Oliver looks great and is good in press, but he's always getting beat off the ball, panics when the ball's in the air, and has poor play speed and burst (I don't care about timed speed)....there's about 8 CBs I'd take over him in the 1st and 2nd (1. Mike Hughes, 2. Denzel Ward, 3. Jaire Alexander, 4. Carlton Davis, 5. Darious Williams, 6. Joshua Jackson, 7. Duke Dawson, 8. Donte Jackson)

So, ultimately...it's about who I believe in...

1 hour ago, pnies20 said:

Oliver is going to be a great #2 CB. Something we definitely need.

bad/not fluid hips in terns of flipping and running... not fluid in change of direction, Doesn't play fast... plays a lot of catch up... plays the man not the ball when recovering from being beat leading to PI's

These CBs are clearly better than him imo.... (1. Mike Hughes, 2. Denzel Ward, 3. Jaire Alexander, 4. Carlton Davis, 5. Darious Williams, 6. Joshua Jackson, 7. Duke Dawson, 8. Donte Jackson)

If we take Oliver, and one of them is on the board... I don't think we as Browns fans should be happy.

****Last year we traded a 4th round pick to go from pick 33 to pick 29 in the first to select David Njoku. This year we do that trade twice with similar compensation given up if not a little more and also dip into next year's draft capital to get the trade done.*******

--------------------------------------------------

My Final 4 First Rounders Big Board

1(1). Sam Darnold QB USC

1(4). Denzel Ward CB Ohio State // Bradley Chubb DE NC STATE // Saquon Barkley  RB Penn State

**1(24). Mike Hughes CB UCF+ // Mike McGlinchey LT Notre Dame

**1(27). DJ Moore WR Maryland // Da'Ron Payne DT Alabama

----------------------------------------------------

+= there's speculation that Hughes may slip in the first round due to off the field concerns. Dorsey has no problem with such players and his slipping in the 1st is to our benefit.

Putting this here so when it happens I can reference it....

The New England Patriots with 100 % certainty will select QB Luke Falk to be their next QB1 in either the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round.

If I had to guess....he will be selected in the 3rd.

All the picks NE has accrued via trades will be used to replenish their defense and offensive line with young impact talent.

I would not be surprised to see the Patriots walk away with Jaire Alexander CB and Harold Landry DE in the 1st round. Connor Williams OG/OT and Dallas Goedert TE in the 2nd. Then come back and take Luke Falk QB in the 3rd and Duke Dawson CB in the 4th round.

Archived