Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

Just now, Aztec Hammer said:

Nah, Dorsey isn’t that stupid. I just refuse to believe he can watch Josh Allen and think he’s the best.

It appears they think he can be the best, not is now. My guess is that they believe Jordan Palmer about him fixing the footwork issues that caused bad accuracy. While i admit none of us get to see the private stuff like that or his smarts, I can't fathom using this pick on such a toss up project. All picks are risks but there is clearly so much more of a risk with him. You have a few other guys with so many fewer issues and still good arms. Mindboggling. 

7 hours ago, Mind Character said:

John Dorsey's Answer:  "Do they win, do they have the physical skills necessary to play that position, do they have a strong arm, do they have deep ball accuracy, do they have feet, can they extend the play, are they a leader of men...we can go on and on but at the end of the day it's about winning"

Josh Allen doesn't win...doesn't have feet, and doesn't have accuracy...

Josh Rosen doesn't extend the play...isn't thought by Dorsey types to be a "leader of men"

It's Mayfield or Darnold... which means it's Mayfield for the little Favre-ians...

I have a slight feeling that Allen might be the pick.  I have no inside info or anything like thay, just what the organization has said through the whole process.  I want darnold to be clear but Dorsey said that the QB needs to sit and if needed maybe two years, forget where I read that.  Allen would need a lot of time.  Haley obviously worked the last years with Ben and Allen has the big body like him that can take some afc north hits.  

Again it has to be darnold in my opinion I hope its all smoke

10 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Mayfield will make me snap.

Manziel 2.0

I haven't been around as much lately to debate stuff, so I won't. Just think Mayfield is a better QB than Johnny and off the field stuff is not as bad. Plus he seems to actually care about the game and not his night life. End argument from my side lol

1 hour ago, nugpimpen said:

It appears they think he can be the best, not is now. My guess is that they believe Jordan Palmer about him fixing the footwork issues that caused bad accuracy. While i admit none of us get to see the private stuff like that or his smarts, I can't fathom using this pick on such a toss up project. All picks are risks but there is clearly so much more of a risk with him. You have a few other guys with so many fewer issues and still good arms. Mindboggling. 

Yeah you hit it with project. There is nothing wrong with drafting a project. Heck, in a weak QB class there isn't anything wrong with drafting a project QB in the 2nd round. This isn't one of those classes and you certainly don't draft a project at #1 overall.

55 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

I haven't been around as much lately to debate stuff, so I won't. Just think Mayfield is a better QB than Johnny and off the field stuff is not as bad. Plus he seems to actually care about the game and not his night life. End argument from my side lol

Mayfield left very little that he could have done better in college as far as his play. Some people say it was because of weak defenses or surrounding talent so him doing his part means little to nothing. Many feel playing poorly with excuses is better than playing great with support. Doubt anyone is going to change their mind but Mayfield is certainly top 5 all time college passers no matter what you factor in. Whether he proves himself yet again in the pros remains to be seen (as with every draft selection) but my money is on him succeeding. Doesn't mean he'll be the best of the class but I predict he will be a very good NFL QB...might play a little too safe but that changes a lot going from college to the pros so we will see.

Archived