The Official Recruiting Thread

1King

12 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Tyreke Johnson a Buckeye. Borderline 5 star DB and former teammate of Shaun Wade. Being recruited as a CB. Seemed like a Clemson/UGA lean for a while.

Georgia backed off a couple months ago. Wanted him strictly as a safety, and he wasnt having that. 

2 hours ago, devils1854 said:

Georgia backed off a couple months ago. Wanted him strictly as a safety, and he wasnt having that. 

What's Georgia side of things with Reese at this point? Waiting on Tindall? Our insider says he's no longer confident Michigan will be able to keep him, and that he thinks he hasn't really addressed recruiting yet because he's been focused on the season

41 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

What's Georgia side of things with Reese at this point? Waiting on Tindall? Our insider says he's no longer confident Michigan will be able to keep him, and that he thinks he hasn't really addressed recruiting yet because he's been focused on the season

People are still confident he will flip, and we might take two ILBs now since Natrez Patrick will be kicked off the team. 

Numbers are tight. Some guys are already quietly being told to possibly look elsewhere. Caleb Tanner was the first, but he wasnt going to make the grades to get in anyway. Elijah Moore could be next with the added interest of Alontae Taylor.

We're at 18 commits right now

• Cade Mays
  • Jamaree Salyer
  • Luke Ford
  • Otis Reese

Those are guys that Id have at least at 50% heading to Georgia

• Channing Tindall
  • Trey Hill
  • Brenton Cox
  • Ja'Marr Chase
  • Divaad Wilson
  • Christian Barmore

Those are the next group of guys that we could be looking to fill in the last couple of spots. Also, a few more names have popped up. 

Just now, JammerHammer21 said:

Bama, I think

I know he’s coming fresh off the Bama visit but I still think UGA. He’s from there and grew up a diehard Bulldogs fan. Could be wrong I suppose but think staying home and the UGA turnaround this year was the change in his heart. 

5 minutes ago, Phire said:

Taggart conducting in-home visits literally the first day on the job. Locking down LB Amari Gainer. He's going to visit Justin Fields either today or tomorrow.

Dont get your hopes up. Fields has stated he isnt going anywhere, but if any coach wants to come and talk to him, he will talk. He's a nice kid.

Mullen has came to visit him. Jimbo has visited him. Taggart is coming. All these new coaches are giving it the ol "college try" but no one on the Georgia side of things has any doubts to where he will be signing. He has been locked up since the summer. 

4 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Dont get your hopes up. Fields has stated he isnt going anywhere, but if any coach wants to come and talk to him, he will talk. He's a nice kid.

Mullen has came to visit him. Jimbo has visited him. Taggart is coming. All these new coaches are giving it the ol "college try" but no one on the Georgia side of things has any doubts to where he will be signing. He has been locked up since the summer. 

Yeah I understand the uphill battle here. From what I recall Justin's sister is committed to UGA and she wants him there.

6 minutes ago, Phire said:

Yeah I understand the uphill battle here. From what I recall Justin's sister is committed to UGA and she wants him there.

That and his mom loves Athens. The whole family loves Kirby. He has made some great relationships with other guys there, and he doesnt want to go to school too far from his family. That was the main reason for the Penn State decommit.....but hey, A&M fans on other boards think that Fields is there's, so everyone can laugh at their delusion. 

11 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

That and his mom loves Athens. The whole family loves Kirby. He has made some great relationships with other guys there, and he doesnt want to go to school too far from his family. That was the main reason for the Penn State decommit.....but hey, A&M fans on other boards think that Fields is there's, so everyone can laugh at their delusion. 

There's optimism on the Gators' side about Fields, but I still think he's UGA bound. If we had hired Mullen last year, we probably would have had a reasonable chance.

Just now, jrry32 said:

There's optimism on the Gators' side about Fields, but I still think he's UGA bound. If we had hired Mullen last year, we probably would have had a reasonable chance.

I dont know why you are optimistic. He is 100% Georgia, and has been since this summer.