Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

Just now, brownie man said:

This is actually smart 

instead of paying Solder crazy

pay Hubbard to be RT and move Coleman to LT I’m good with that 

Hubbard is better and far more athletic than Coleman. I would feel much more comfortable with Hubbard on the left side.

3 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Another highly athletic young player who Browns fans undoubtedly hate right now simply because they do not know the name. He has starting at RT and G in Pittsburgh but has LT athleticism. Could be bouncing Coleman to swing man or possibly even replacement for Joe Thomas. 

Man, I realllllly hope you're right about these guys.

4 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

You’re ok with Coleman at RT?? Are you insane or did you simply not watch last year?

Another person who dislikes Coleman? I really don't get it. Dude was nothing special last year but was far from bad. He was pretty average, IMO.

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

Man, I realllllly hope you're right about these guys.

I'm not trying to be an *** or say I'm better than anyone here, so don't take it like that please, but I would venture to say I have a lot more training than most if not all when it comes to breaking down football and football players. I scouted and recruited for 4 years at the college level and have been a OL/DL coach the last 8 years. 1 year as OC and just finished 2nd in my first HC interview then opted to stay on with the guy who beat me because he was a more experienced coach. Outside of coaching football I home school my 2 little girls. I have tons and tons of time to just watch football.

Not saying that I cannot be wrong either because it has happened a lot of times, but when I see this board immediately blow up an hate on players for absolutely no reason I see nothing but ignorance. If fans actually watched this players they would see the upside especially in Smith and Hubabrd. This offseason has been a far cry from the normal offseason in Cleveland when we are signing 29-33 year old players on the back end of their career who were never really athletically blessed to begin with. Both of Smith and Hubbard will be 26 next football season and are just starting to develop into what they can become and both have extremely high athletic traits that could propel them even further. I don't know about you but I would much rather sign the guys that have room to grow than the guys who have no where to go but down.

Just now, DawgX said:

Another person who dislikes Coleman? I really don't get it. Dude was nothing special last year but was far from bad. He was pretty average, IMO.

Average to above average at rt more likely to get better this year 

Not sure what this guy is going to do

4 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I'm not trying to be an *** or say I'm better than anyone here, so don't take it like that please, but I would venture to say I have a lot more training than most if not all when it comes to breaking down football and football players. I scouted and recruited for 4 years at the college level and have been a OL/DL coach the last 8 years. 1 year as OC and just finished 2nd in my first HC interview then opted to stay on with the guy who beat me because he was a more experienced coach. Outside of coaching football I home school my 2 little girls. I have tons and tons of time to just watch football.

Not saying that I cannot be wrong either because it has happened a lot of times, but when I see this board immediately blow up an hate on players for absolutely no reason I see nothing but ignorance. If fans actually watched this players they would see the upside especially in Smith and Hubabrd. This offseason has been a far cry from the normal offseason in Cleveland when we are signing 29-33 year old players on the back end of their career who were never really athletically blessed to begin with. Both of Smith and Hubbard will be 26 next football season and are just starting to develop into what they can become and both have extremely high athletic traits that could propel them even further. I don't know about you but I would much rather sign the guys that have room to grow than the guys who have no where to go but down.

I didn't say I disliked the Smith signing. I just hope he's not the only one we add at DE this year. Maybe he's got potential, but he hasn't proven much of anything. I'm pretty neutral towards the signing.

And unless Hubbard can eventually replace JT, then I don't like the signing. Coleman was just fine last year and there's no reason to think he won't improve.

Coleman wasn't near as bad as people make him out to be and I have been one of the few defending him, but Chris Hubbard was miles better has more NFL experience and is still only 7 months older than Coleman. We could do far worse than upgrading on Coleman. I do think there is potential for Hubbard to slide over to LT though.

Archived