Devils Country Music Thread

devils1854

Some great dudes are finally getting record deals.

Tyler Rich signed his at the end of last year and his first single is already out.

Mitchell Tenpenny got his at the first of the year and his single just came out today.

Riley Duckman signed a contract with BMG just a couple days ago.

And Finally, my boy Jon Langston just got his offer.

These are some good dudes getting their shots in the game.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, devils1854 said:

He's doing a special concert at Sun Trust(Braves stadium) this summer, and I have tickets. Hootie and the Blowfish are opening for him.

Damn, that sounds like a lot of fun. I'm kinda pissed that he's not coming to Milwaukee as part of his new tour. I really don't feel like driving to Chicago.

44 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Damn, that sounds like a lot of fun. I'm kinda pissed that he's not coming to Milwaukee as part of his new tour. I really don't feel like driving to Chicago.

Ive given up on a lot of big tours. $100 to either be in the pit, standing for 3+ hours, packed next to 200 other people, or $75 for being a mile away and barely seeing anything.

I just cant say no to Hootie since they only do one show a year, and thats in their hometown(Charleston).

Aldean, Hootie, Luke Combs, and Lauren Alaina is the full lineup. Should be a fun time.

Just now, devils1854 said:

Aldean, Hootie, Luke Combs, and Lauren Alaina is the full lineup. Should be a fun time.

Oh yeah, I had no idea who Luke Combs or Lauren Alaina were until last night when I listened to Aldean's interviews on the Bobby Bones show. I like Combs a lot after hearing Hurricane. Simple song but he pumps it out well. 

That's one hell of a show.

10 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Oh yeah, I had no idea who Luke Combs or Lauren Alaina were until last night when I listened to Aldean's interviews on the Bobby Bones show. I like Combs a lot after hearing Hurricane. Simple song but he pumps it out well. 

That's one hell of a show.

Combs is the poster boy of post bro country pretty boy music. 5 years ago, Combs would not have gotten a deal since he is a ugly, fat dude, but he can sing.

Hopefully, we are getting that on the women's side as well. Ashley McBryde is one of the better female singers to come around in the past few years. Her first single has actually made it to #33 on the billboard charts, so there is hope that good singers are going to get contracts now no matter what they look like.

The Pat Green tribute album came out yesterday, and man is it good. Its packed with Texas country superstars singing Green's hits. Aaron Watson, Josh Abbott Band, Randy Rodgers Band, John Baumann, etc..they are all there. I reccommend it.

3 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Not really a fan, man. Something about his voice I don't really like.

I had a buddy that had never heard him before say that he sounds like Randy Houser.

He sings like he does because besides country music, guys like Springsteen and rock bands from the 80s are big influences on him.

6 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

I had a buddy that had never heard him before say that he sounds like Randy Houser.

He sings like he does because besides country music, guys like Springsteen and rock bands from the 80s are big influences on him.

Houser is a little more fluid IMO. I can see it though.

I know I bring up Aldean almost every time I'm in here but, being completely honest, that's because he's really all I listen to nowadays in Country music. What are your thoughts on the singles released for Rearview Town? Obviously you've got the title track but he's also released High Noon Neon, You Make It Easy and Gettin' Warmed Up.

I like it so far and think it's a step forward from his last album (which I came around on after multiple listens and not just initial reaction). Interested in hearing the rest of it. Gettin' Warmed Up is my least favorite so far though.

Edited by bkobow05
Thought High Noon Neon was the album name lmao

35 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Houser is a little more fluid IMO. I can see it though.

I know I bring up Aldean almost every time I'm in here but, being completely honest, that's because he's really all I listen to nowadays in Country music. What are your thoughts on the singles released for Rearview Town? Obviously you've got the title track but he's also released High Noon Neon, You Make It Easy and Gettin' Warmed Up.

I like it so far and think it's a step forward from his last album (which I came around on after multiple listens and not just initial reaction). Interested in hearing the rest of it. Gettin' Warmed Up is my least favorite so far though.

I try not to listen to a lot of released songs before an album comes out. I know why record companies do it. Fans will buy new songs in anticipation of a new album, but no one buys full albums anymore because of the cost. Its a mind trick to get random songs bought and more revenue into record labels. I like the organic feel of hearing it all for the first time.

That said, I have heard Rearview Town and of course his new single You Make it Easy. Rearview Town is the better song. Its not great by any means, but it doesnt sound like a rehash of past hits like You Make it Easy.

I know you are a huge Aldean fan, but you have to see the signs that he has to do something different before he is left in the dust by other artists. #1 songs dont matter, because they are all bought by record labels. Album and single sales are what matter, because that is directly from the public and money cant be denied.

Night Train(Last great Aldean album, 2x Platinum)
Take a Little Ride-Platinum
The Only Way I Know-Platinum
1994-Gold
Night Train-Platinum
When She Says Baby-Platinum

Old Boots, New Dirt(Platinum)
Burnin it Down-2x Platinum
Just Gettin Started-Gold
Tonight Looks Good on You-............
Gonna Know We Were Here-........

They Dont Know(Gold)
Lights Come On-Gold
A Little More Summertime-.........
Any Ol Barstool-Gold
They Dont Know-..........

Edited by devils1854

2 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

I know you are a huge Aldean fan, but you have to see the signs that he has to do something different before he is left in the dust by other artists.

I don't really care about other artists. As long as Aldean is making music, I'll listen. I've yet to find other artists that do for me what he does.