Devils Country Music Thread

devils1854

3 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

I don't really care about other artists. As long as Aldean is making music, I'll listen. I've yet to find other artists that do for me what he does. 

I mean, you dont care about guys selling out and changing their sound to appease Music Row or whoever?

I know I do. If the change in sound is organic like Sturgill, then thats cool, but if it is Music Row based to sell records with the current climate, Im 100% against it.

I could go through guys that I loved that either got big and changed or got their record deal and changed. I dont discriminate for sell outs.

Chase Rice, Jake Owen, Kacey Musgraves(2018), Easton Corbin, Thomas Rhett, Eli Young Band, etc.....

Money. Thats why these people changed who they are, and Aldean was no different once he started using that electronic drum beat, and then the synthesized vocals.

23 hours ago, devils1854 said:

Dont tell me that this girl doesnt write or record what she wants. Touring with HW3, Shooter, and now Social Distortion. F* Nashville, and their crappy music.

Not really a fan, homie. I'll say this...I think it's clear we have entirely different tastes LOL

Going to put off commenting on the new Aldean album until I hear it one more time @bkobow05

i will say my heart is full. Just checked the billboards charts for the first time in forever and both of my boys, Mitchell Tenpenny and Tyler Rich, have their debut singles charting. Pretty awesome.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2018 at 7:31 AM, devils1854 said:

Going to put off commenting on the new Aldean album until I hear it one more time @bkobow05

i will say my heart is full. Just checked the billboards charts for the first time in forever and both of my boys, Mitchell Tenpenny and Tyler Rich, have their debut singles charting. Pretty awesome.

Its not a top album of the year. It still has issues. Very cliched writing, too much electronic drums on a few songs, Jason trying to rap, and having too many damn songs,  but I have enjoyed the three listens so far. It's probably his heaviest rock album ever. It like he took Johnny Cash, Hicktown, and Crazy Town and took it to another level, and what I like is that the songs are much like those, and are not relying on the electronic beats like Lights Come On and They Dont Know. The mid-tempo songs arent bad for the most part. They have a Night Train feel, and I love that song.

Overall, his best record of the decade. Definitely a positive review for me. 

On 4/6/2018 at 2:15 AM, devils1854 said:

Dont tell me that this girl doesnt write or record what she wants. Touring with HW3, Shooter, and now Social Distortion. F* Nashville, and their crappy music.

This is beyond terrible. So bad. 

Country music stopped being good after 2002, IMO. The 89'-02' run was a great period for country music, which was Garth Brooks' run (before the comeback).

I really like(d) Tracy Byrd, Mark Chesnutt, Clint Black, The Godfather Garth Brooks, Aaron Tippin, Brooks & Dunn, EARLY Tim McGraw, EARLY Brad Paisley, EARLY Montgomery Gentry, EARLY Toby Keith, EARLY Lonestar, EARLY Kenny Chesney.

Edited by freak_of_nature
  • Like 1

On 4/17/2018 at 10:16 AM, devils1854 said:

Its not a top album of the year. It still has issues. Very cliched writing, too much electronic drums on a few songs, Jason trying to rap, and having too many damn songs,  but I have enjoyed the three listens so far. It's probably his heaviest rock album ever. It like he took Johnny Cash, Hicktown, and Crazy Town and took it to another level, and what I like is that the songs are much like those, and are not relying on the electronic beats like Lights Come On and They Dont Know. The mid-tempo songs arent bad for the most part. They have a Night Train feel, and I love that song.

Overall, his best record of the decade. Definitely a positive review for me. 

Yeah, I'm listening to it now for the first time. It's not bad. All the songs are definitely playable. That's the issue I've had with his recent albums. I've skipped around on them rather than just letting the CD play. His earlier CDs, I didn't have to do that.

18 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Yeah, she can't really sing lol

It's like something I'd hear at Karaoke night. And the actual band sounds horrible as well. She must be Devil's relative or something for him to pimp her like that. Lol.