Jags Extending Blake Bortles

bigbadbuff23835

11 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Well you're talking about us referencing 2/3 years instead of 1. It is cheaper towards the cap and is an easy out if he doesn't work out.

Okay, cool. So your response to me referencing how the Jaguars are paying him out more money, just now spread out, was this: 

35 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

No one is arguing about if he's still on the roster or not. But he won't be if he doesn't improve, that's the point.

35 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

This deal is to serve as a bridge and if he doesn't improve he's gone within the next two years.

That’s the whole point. This was really a no brainer...

A bunch of things I didn’t reference. Thanks for sharing.

4 hours ago, jarren said:

What a bunch of idiots. They should have done everything in their power to get Cousins. Perfect opportunity to cement themselves as legit Superbowl contenders for years to come and they throw it away by betting on Blake frickin Bortles. Smh. 

I thought Bortles played well enough in the postseason to win.  When I watched the Patriots game, I never thought for one second, "Bortles just cost them the game."  The defense collapsing down the stretch is a much bigger reason the Jags lost to the Patriots, imo.  And I think that was mostly due to coaching and changing their game plan for whatever reason and playing zone defense in the fourth quarter.

23 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Okay, cool. So your response to me referencing how the Jaguars are paying him out more money, just now spread out, was this: 

A bunch of things I didn’t reference. Thanks for sharing.

How is referencing when he's on the roster and the length of the contract not the same? You literally are talking about us talking about the length of the contract and not taking into account the extra years, and I'm saying that it's mostly a moot point...which it is. He isn't guaranteed to be here any longer than the option really. If he's worse next year than this year then there's a decent chance he'd be let go.

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

How is referencing when he's on the roster and the length of the contract not the same? You literally are talking about us talking about the length of the contract and not taking into account the extra years, and I'm saying that it's mostly a moot point...which it is. He isn't guaranteed to be here any longer than the option really. If he's worse next year than this year then there's a decent chance he'd be let go.

Because nothing I said was about Bortles as a player being on the roster? Or about him being a bridge QB? Or about him being there for x length of time? Or about him being there longer than the length of the contract? 

And no, I’m not “literally” talking about anyone not taking into account the extra year.  

What I said was that I found it funny how some people are spinning off the extension as if they’re actually paying him less now. If that’s not what you have said at any point, then there’s no reason for you to be getting to defensive. 

3 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Because nothing I said was about Bortles as a player being on the roster? Or about him being a bridge QB? Or about him being there for x length of time? Or about him being there longer than the length of the contract? 

And no, I’m not “literally” talking about anyone not taking into account the extra year.  

What I said was that I found it funny how some people are spinning off the extension as if they’re actually paying him less now. If that’s not what you have said at any point, then there’s no reason for you to be getting to defensive. 

The cap hit is expected to be less which will allow us to possibly keep Colvin and/or ARob. That's all that matters.

Edit: If it is the same, than it's taking a chance on QB who improved quite a bit with limited weapons. Add a new TE, Aaron, and young guys with more experience and who knows what happens. If he does improve, than hes at a bargain price the next couple years. He's already being paid like what he is right now.

4 minutes ago, raiderrocker18 said:

i dont think its a bad move, but its funny seeing .buzz in what appears to be damage control

Man, look at my posts for the past few months. I've been on the Bortles train going into the offseason. Sure, I liked the thought of Cousins, but 30M with our setup wasn't realistic.

Just annoyed with the people that see the name without looking at his actual play. Bortles has been a running joke on social media for a while. Drives me nuts.

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

The cap hit is expected to be less which will allow us to possibly keep Colvin and/or ARob. That's all that matters.

Did you quote me by accident? 

I have to ask because nothing you’re saying at this point has any relevance to what I’ve been posting. 9_9

I know you’re the defensive type, so I’ll reference you to my first post where I stated the move makes sense for the Jaguars.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Man, look at my posts for the past few months. I've been on the Bortles train for a while.

Just annoyed with the people that see the name without looking at his actual play. Bortles has been a running joke on social media for a while. Drives me nuts.

lol seems every third post here is you giving some tweet of somebody explaining why this move isn't bad. i just find that funny

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

Did you quote me by accident? 

I have to ask because nothing you’re saying at this point has any relevance to what I’ve been posting. 9_9

I know you’re the defensive type, so I’ll reference you to my first post where I stated the move makes sense for the Jaguars.

Been drinking a bit tonight. Maybe I did. If so, apologies.

Just now, raiderrocker18 said:

lol seems every third post here is you giving some tweet of somebody explaining why this move isn't bad. i just find that funny

Giving my own opinion mostly, gave details and thoughts to the people acting as if it's a massive overpay when it actually isn't though with proof (such as the tweet showing he's around 20 as far as QB pay).

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Giving my own opinion mostly, gave details and thoughts to the people acting as if it's a massive overpay when it actually isn't though with proof (such as the tweet showing he's around 20 as far as QB pay).

Last quote here, but I just wanted to correct something. 

The tweet you posted (IIRC) said he was 19th in guaranteed dollars, not in pay overall. Some of the early draft picks, guys on options, certain contract situations, etc. will have higher GTD dollar amounts any given year, but that doesn’t mean they’re making more necessarily.

Archived