2018 NFL Combine (measurements in OP)

goldfishwars

Oren Burks had a nice weigh in as well. He's going to show up in the movement drills. Fluid player with great coverage skills. I've probably got him rated higher than most (just misses out on a top 50 grade for me), and I think he'll have a long, productive career.

21 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

And I'm fine with this. Questioning things isn't bad (in fact it's good). My issue comes with the people making claims about something you really can't know/didn't even happen.

That's definitely fair. It definitely should make it clear that something is a rumor and/or a possible question/concern rather than making it seem like its a fact.

However, I feel like you did claim something you really couldn't know when you said this.

1 hour ago, IDOG_det said:

There are absolutely zero character issues with Orlando Brown. 

I say that because I feel like only Brown knows his true character.

Obviously family, friends, teammates, and coaches can have a great idea of his character, but not even they can know his true character.

Like a lot of the closest people to those who have committed serious crimes were shocked by the fact they were capable of that stuff.

Sometimes people are just good at hiding their true character. 

For all we know his lack of finishing could be effort related... or not. For all we know how he looked in on-field drills could be effort related... or not.  For all we know his low bench reps are effort related or not.

3 minutes ago, reamer said:

Anyone listening to Orlando Brown give his interview? Pretty good responses. He's an articulate kid and seems very self-aware of his limitations. 

I missed it, but that is good to hear.

I still think he can be a solid player despite having limitations, but I wouldn't touch him in the first round.

50 minutes ago, Forge said:

Obvious lazy bum, I hope he goes into free-fall all the way to the Giants at #2-overall (this has nothing to do with the fact that I am a Giants' fan, I'm just speaking in the interests of fairness, integrity, the American Way............and, uh, the Giants fixing their O-line)

Image result for Quenton Nelson

For comparison, last years top Vertical jumpers. Last years average amongst RBs was 33 inches. The best was 39.5" by Alvin Kamara

Player Pos School College Ht Wt 40yd Vertical
BenchReps BroadJump 3Cone Shuttle Drafted (tm/rnd/yr)
Obi Melifonwu SS Connecticut College Stats 6-4 224 4.40 44.0 17 141     Oakland Raiders / 2nd / 56th pick / 2017
Marcus Williams FS Utah College Stats 6-1 202 4.56 43.5 14 129 6.85 4.20  
Speedy Noil WR Texas A&M College Stats 5-11 199   43.5 18 133      
Myles Garrett DE Texas A&M College Stats 6-4 272 4.64 41.0 33 128     Cleveland Browns / 1st / 1st pick / 2017
Robert Davis WR Georgia State College Stats 6-3 219 4.44 41.0 19 136 6.82 4.28 Washington Redskins / 6th / 209th pick / 2017
Ahkello Witherspoon CB Colorado College Stats 6-3 198 4.45 40.5   127 6.93 4.13 San Francisco 49ers / 3rd / 66th pick / 2017

1 hour ago, reamer said:

The Urlacher comparisons look better now that we know he's actually that big. Interesting. He's almost identical to Edmunds, who everyone says is some huge, athletic, transcendent prospect. LVE is more refined. Will be interesting to watch them test side by side.

LVE shutting some people up today haha.

1 hour ago, IDOG_det said:

It really could be a blessing in disguise for him. He needs work and so far he's shown he still has a long way to go on improving his body to be ready for the NFL

Look at Andrew Whitworth if you want a great example of that. Came into the NFL at 334 and had a very mediocre combine. Now, he looks like he's 310 at most and moves beautifully.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

But, I heard a former NFL personnel guy say that teams look at low bench scores for offensive linemen as more of a red flag for work ethic than strength, because if a guy is going hard in the weight room they will put up respectable numbers at least. And, that personnel guy who said that was Bryan Broaddus who was the first employee hired by Ron Wolf and was instrumental in some very good drafts.

That isn't the type of player you want anywhere near your team.

I want players that are gonna give everything they have.

Saquon Barkley who while training for the combine after finishing his workout would go and find other guys who hadn't finished and would complete their workout with them just so nobody outworked him. That is a guy who is a top 10 pick at worst with nothing to prove, but still goes the extra mile.

Being an idealist is great but we live in a real world and there are all kinds of players who can have success and every team has players who are not ideally wired. Orlando Brown's dad was always out of shape and didn't like to practice but was a gamer and had a lot of success in the NFL. I would love for there to be 500 draft prospects every year with ideal football character, perfect wiring and a love for the weight room but you do the best you can. 

Archived