The Jamal Adams Appreciation Thread

Bianconero

3 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Seeing some growing pains with Adams but overall you can see the talent. I dont like the missed tackles at all that needs to be cleaned up. Maye has been very solid too. We did well with these two.

Living in Florida, now I am forced to watch all the Gators games, and Florida always has a great D backfield. Last year I never paid much attention to Maye because the entire D backfield was outstanding. This Maye looks better than solid he covers and is a outstanding tackler. We could have the best safety combo since the 49ers with Ronnie lott & and I forgot the other great safety on the same team.

Adams has been good but not great. I think we should probably hold off on the GOAT safety tandem claims.

He needs to learn to use his athleticism better to take advantage of his excellent instincts. And for stay on your damn feet. I think he’s going to be a very solid player in this league, but I don’t see a perennial all pro like he was touted as. He will be one of those guys who plays on the team for a long time and delivers but not a superstar. Like David Harris was.

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

Adams has been good but not great. I think we should probably hold off on the GOAT safety tandem claims.

He needs to learn to use his athleticism better to take advantage of his excellent instincts. And for stay on your damn feet. I think he’s going to be a very solid player in this league, but I don’t see a perennial all pro like he was touted as. He will be one of those guys who plays on the team for a long time and delivers but not a superstar. Like David Harris was.

I hope you're wrong. We both want and need him to be a stay and not just a solid starter. Even Revis struggled in his rookie year. I think year two will prove to be a huge step for Adams but hes going to have his rookie ups and downs. I also agree on your analysis of his play. I need to see a much surer tackler, because hes certainly left a lot to be desire in that facet of his game. 

2 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

I think he'll get to that all pro level he just has to work through the growing pains. He's being asked to cover some of the hardest players to cover and really hasn't done a bad job all things considered. His attitude has been a huge positive influence on this team, especially since he's just a rookie. I can understand the Dawkins comparisons, give him another year or 2 and hopefully we can compare the on field play as well. 

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Bianconero said:

Our bulldog

Natural leader. Cant create those theyre born that way really. We have several of those on defense that if we do the off season correctly we can realklky have something special on defense for awhile. Davis, Jenkins, Maye, Leo and Adams are all natural leaders by heart.

11 hours ago, Bianconero said:

Our bulldog

I loved the Adams pick and this is one of the reasons why. I don't think there is a quantifiable stat that shows this but I do think a team plays harder when you have players like this on the roster.

Thank You Jamal Adams for standing up for us!

*edit* - this is also the reason I'd love to have Baker Mayfield as well.

5 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

I loved the Adams pick and this is one of the reasons why. I don't think there is a quantifiable stat that shows this but I do think a team plays harder when you have players like this on the roster.

Thank You Jamal Adams for standing up for us!

*edit* - this is also the reason I'd love to have Baker Mayfield as well.

It’s a slap in the face to Adams to say he leads like Mayfield. Adams is a humble leader. Mayfield is a arrogant tool who leads by his play on the field.

12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

It’s a slap in the face to Adams to say he leads like Mayfield. Adams is a humble leader. Mayfield is a arrogant tool who leads by his play on the field.

Think he's talking about how vocal he is as a leader with his team and the fact that his teammates love him.

Archived