Anime and Manga Thread.

Supersuavesky

40 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

The anime of MHA gets better, the first season suffers from really, really bad pacing issues. But it picks up in the next couple.

First season definitely sputters until they lock in the premise. Once he starts going to school it evens out. 

I dont read any magna though (I read to many damn american comics as it is)

Yea the show really hits its stride once you get to the tournament arc in season two. 

I've been holding off on reading the manga since they put out the anime frequently enough that I never feel like the manga is leaving us in the dust. That said I'm still super tempted to read it but I've been holding off since I'm enjoying the anime so much and don't want to spoil it.

I did recently read the One Punch Man manga and oh my god was it good. I really liked the anime but I wasn't expecting the manga to be as high quality as it is. Easily a top 3 manga of all time for me. Saitama really is one of the coolest hero characters. 

Edited by Geek

21 hours ago, Geek said:

Yea the show really hits its stride once you get to the tournament arc in season two. 

Agree 100% with this. S1 is good, but like someone else kind of said, the pacing can be a little off-putting as it is setting the base for the show. That said, I still really enjoyed it. 

I'm really liking the current Pro Licensing Exam arc.

On 8/4/2018 at 11:52 AM, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Agree 100% with this. S1 is good, but like someone else kind of said, the pacing can be a little off-putting as it is setting the base for the show. That said, I still really enjoyed it. 

I'm really liking the current Pro Licensing Exam arc.

Honestly, I was pretty meh on the current arc at first. It was coming off the heels of the best MHA fight/episode to date so I was a little underwhelmed with the focus returning back to school life but the most recent episodes got me back into the hype.

Most recent MHA episode spoilers:

That guy with the power to turn people into jelly is pretty ****ed up. That's some Made in Abyss levels of dark right there. I dunno how that doesn't count as seriously harming your opponent.

3 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

My hero academia is amazing. Season 1 was good. Season 2 was incredible and season 3 hasn't fallen off at all. I watched at least 10 hours of this this weekend.

This, MHA is probably a top 3 anime ongoing at the moment.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

So I watched Assanation Classroom for about 5 episodes and just completely lost interest. Anyone have insight on this?

The name and the show do not line up all that well. It's more a coming of age show in a lot of ways. I liked it a lot though for that reason and it's very heartfelt in what it does. Again makes no sense for the name.

I have watched a few short series recently:
Tokyo Ravens - Was an okay show, there were some fun twists with it, but ended up being rushed.
Sky Wizard Academy - Was decently funny and had a fair amount of fan service to it. There wasn't really anything special about it, other than it was short. Not bad, not good, just okay.
Aria the Crimson Bullet - Quite enjoyable, only watched the first arc, because of the play between the two main characters. The second arc just didn't have the same feel without the two characters.

Now need to figure out what to watch next.

11 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

So I watched Assassination Classroom for about 5 episodes and just completely lost interest. Anyone have insight on this?

Not for everyone. It picks up as it goes along, and Season Two was definitely better, IMO. The ending was pretty satisfying for me.

1 hour ago, SwoleXmad said:

I'd say it's top 10 for me but I'd have to think about the  top 3.

MHA, AoT, Naruto and DBZ are my top 4 in some order. All are 9/10+ for me. Though I've only seen ~15 so top 3-4 really isn't that special.

• Like 1