Anime and Manga Thread.

Supersuavesky

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Anyone watching any of the netflix anime?

My list of best anime on Netflix

Devilman Crybaby- Blood, sex, and philosophy. Real intense. 10/10 (note its a pretty divisive show some people hate it some love it)

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood- A lot of people love this show. It's meh for me but I'll include it. 7/10

Kill la Kill- Hype af. Just be ready for fan service 9.5/10

Violet Evergarden- prettiest tv anime ever. 8.5/10

Devil is a part-timer- funny but not hilarious 7/10

One Punch man- everyone knows this show, no need to elaborate 9/10

Fate/Zero- It's like watching the Sun Tzu's Art of War made into a show. Slow as hell but sooooo good. 10/10

Your Lie in April- Fantastic melodrama series 9/10

Gurren Lagan- It's the same guys as Kill la Kill... so hype af with the fanservice toned down a bit 9.5/10

Madoka Magica- magical girl mind**** 9/10

Mushi-Shi- I haven't watched it but I hear really good things about it. Been meaning to get around to it for a while now.

Berserk- Don't watch the anime, go read the manga. It's like Game of Thrones if GOT was 10 times as metal. Best manga ever made and it's not even close.  anime 7/10 manga 20/10.

Little Witch Academia- Anime Hogwarts 7/10

Death Note- Was a 10/10 until that last 13 episodes... ugh. 8.5/10

fate/stay night Unlimited Blade Works- I like Fate and this is a good sequel to Zero. Plus it's got Rin in it.  9/10

I think I got all of the good ones.

Edited by Geek

18 hours ago, Geek said:

Devilman Crybaby- Blood, sex, and philosophy. Real intense. 10/10 (note its a pretty divisive show some people hate it some love it)

I was shell shocked after watching the last few episodes of this show. Like legitimately unnerved to the point where I could not function. 

3 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I was shell shocked after watching the last few episodes of this show. Like legitimately unnerved to the point where I could not function. 

Yea I did not expect to get up in my feels those last couple of episodes. That's what sealed it as one of my favorite animes.

27 minutes ago, Geek said:

Yea I did not expect to get up in my feels those last couple of episodes. That's what sealed it as one of my favorite animes.

when he got back to the house and his sister/friend's head was on a pike I was floored. Same when the dad came upon his son crying and eating the mom. Just, my god. The ending where Lucifer is actually talking to himself and realizes he made a mistake is also just shot in the heart.

23 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Reveal hidden contents

when he got back to the house and his sister/friend's head was on a pike I was floored. Same when the dad came upon his son crying and eating the mom. Just, my god. The ending where Lucifer is actually talking to himself and realizes he made a mistake is also just shot in the heart.

I think she was more then just a friend for Akira, she was the girl he loved. But yea that scene where she was running away from everyone, got shot in the leg, then stabbed in the back was soul crushing. I really thought Akira was going to swoop in and save her, I just couldn't believe she died. Then they ended the episode with the two of them riding off into the sunset on his motorcycle. It was quite unexpectedly sad. 

2 hours ago, MathMan said:

will i know it when it happens?

Yea you will for sure. Honestly though if it's your first time through it's worth watching it all the way through for the full experience. After it ends you can just start pretending the last 13 episodes never existed.

Just finished the second season of Assassination Classroom. It was better than the first but still not my thing. The characters got a lot better development but they all still lacked chemistry. None of the fight scenes was that interesting either, they (and the rest of the show) just lacked the proper tension to keep me involved.  It probably is a good show but I just don't like the genre at all. 6/10

Edited by Geek

I finished the 1st season of Assassination Classroom, and I just finished Death Parade. By the end on this week, I should have AC:Season 2 and FLCL watched. I'll give a letter grade to all three series.

Edited by freak_of_nature