Anime and Manga Thread.

Supersuavesky

On 2/19/2018 at 1:37 AM, ninjapirate said:

Once the one major thing happens that story is over for me. Should have ended it there and had it been perfect. 

The author of death note kind of alludes to that in their next manga Bakuman which is a manga about making manga and a solid read if you ever have the time. 

Getting into manga would just be too much. I only have the time, energy, and desire to absorb all these stories once, so I use the anime medium.

Anime AND manga seems redundant.

Edited by freak_of_nature
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, freak_of_nature said:

Getting into manga would just be too much. I only have the time, energy, and desire to absorb all these stories once, so I use the anime medium.

Anime AND manga seems redundant.

If you have to choose one shouldnt you choose the source material? that's like not reading books because they can be made into movies. 

I prefer manga to watching the anime.

Edited by ninjapirate
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

If you have to choose one shouldnt you choose the source material? that's like not reading books because they can be made into movies. 

I prefer manga to watching the anime.

I don't think the quality dropoff exists between mediums, even if the change it up a little bit. Also, I feel like I can always watch the anime without collecting them. I know you can view manga online, but I feel like I'd be compelled to collect the books. I like having books for non-fiction or classic literature.

On a related note, I've noticed the translations are really loose from the original to the English subtitles. I wonder if manga translations are similarly loose.

1 minute ago, freak_of_nature said:

I don't think the quality dropoff exists between mediums, even if the change it up a little bit. Also, I feel like I can always watch the anime without collecting them. I know you can view manga online, but I feel like I'd be compelled to collect the books. I like having books for non-fiction or classic literature.

On a related note, I've noticed the translations are really loose from the original to the English subtitles. I wonder if manga translations are similarly loose.

It usually isn't a quality drop off. It just either ends up being rushed or the anime ends up catching the publication of the manga and you end up getting weird filler episodes. 

12 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

It usually isn't a quality drop off. It just either ends up being rushed or the anime ends up catching the publication of the manga and you end up getting weird filler episodes. 

Regardless anime and manga are too redundant for me to have both on my plate. When I get into something I really get into it. 

Fate/Zero: Great

Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works: Good (Great animation)

Fate/Apocrypha: TERRIBLE

My goodness is this one bad. I pushed as much as I could through the first season, but it was a chore. Now I almost feel like I have to finish it out and watch the remaining 13 episodes in season 2. I didnt think a change in studio would warrant THIS much of a downgrade for the latest installment in the Fate series.

On 3/1/2018 at 4:08 PM, RavensTillIDie said:

Fate/Zero: Great

Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works: Good (Great animation)

Fate/Apocrypha: TERRIBLE

My goodness is this one bad. I pushed as much as I could through the first season, but it was a chore. Now I almost feel like I have to finish it out and watch the remaining 13 episodes in season 2. I didnt think a change in studio would warrant THIS much of a downgrade for the latest installment in the Fate series.

oh boy, I was about to post a couple months ago about F/A when it finished airing. It is GOD awful. The first half is terrible and the second half only gets worse. The MC is just so boring and flat and they spend way to much time on his character. There are sooooo many more interesting characters like Mordred and her master Sisigou, or Semeris and her master Shirou that it blows my mind that they would choose to focus on the least interesting, most boring self-insert main character they could and spend half the series on him. And don't even get me started on Jack the Ripper... just why. That was some seriously god awful decision making. This show could have been fate/Zero 2.0 if they had developed the ensemble and not focused on Seig as the main character. Fortunately, the Fate/Strange Fake books are going to be the kick-***, ensemble, full out war that Zero was and Apoc wanted to be especially if Ufotable picks it up in a year or two after the novels are finished. It even has Jack the Ripper in it but in an actual interesting form instead of whatever that was from Apoc . To be fair to Apoc there is one episode (22 or 23?) that is absolutely lit and filled with some kick-*** fights but beyond that, this series is a legit 3 out of 10. It's one of the worst anime's I've ever watched. If you haven't already I would drop the series unless you really do want to see that one episode. 

Lucky for us Fate/Extra Last Encore is airing right now and should be on Netflix within the next couple months. It's from studio Shaft who are one of, if not the best, animation studios right now. So I have high hopes for that one. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hypothetical question

So youre a big Dragon Ball fan and want to get a tattoo that has Trunks on it.

Do you get Purple or Blue hair Trunks?

or do you make him Super Saiyan? 

No I'm not getting a Dragon Ball tattoo. Just something I randomly thought about lol

15 hours ago, Knowledge said:

Hypothetical question

So youre a big Dragon Ball fan and want to get a tattoo that has Trunks on it.

Do you get Purple or Blue hair Trunks?

or do you make him Super Saiyan? 

No I'm not getting a Dragon Ball tattoo. Just something I randomly thought about lol

Image result for trunks tattoo

• Like 1