Anime and Manga Thread.

Supersuavesky

3 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I think this is funimation but I can't remember... Black Clover has been really good

I couldn't get past the second episode. It wasn't really my sort of show from the getgo but the main character screaming all the time was impossible to deal with.

26 minutes ago, Geek said:

I couldn't get past the second episode. It wasn't really my sort of show from the getgo but the main character screaming all the time was impossible to deal with.

Skip to the Magic Knights tryout. I didnt really like it until then. 

What are some good Halloween animes? 

By that I mean it can be straight up horror but it could also be an anime that just has a Halloween-esque feel.

Thus far I've watched Ghost Hunt which I enjoyed quite well. Otherwise it's been ones that either haven't been that great or are a bit less scary focused.

3 hours ago, The Gnat said:

By that I mean it can be straight up horror but it could also be an anime that just has a Halloween-esque feel.

Thus far I've watched Ghost Hunt which I enjoyed quite well. Otherwise it's been ones that either haven't been that great or are a bit less scary focused.

Soul Eater has a good October feel, short series too. Death and Death's son are literally protagonists lol

5 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Scary anime is kinda hard to find, I have yet to watch a horror anime that can give the same chills and sense of unease as a live action movie. @Deadpulse already mentioned it but Soul Eater is decent and has a great Halloween art style and vibe. Although I'll mention it's 51 episodes so it can't be considered short.

Some other good options are Parasyte -The Maxim-. It's about alien parasites that attach to human hosts. It's got a ton of gore and gross body horror. Despite the ridiculous sounding premise, it's actually a really good story and a well-made anime.

Hellsing Ultimate is fun. Vampires versus Nazi's vs the Catholic church in a ridiculous highly gory brawl.

When They Cry is really great. A bit older and with inconsistent animation but the story will hook you right off the bat. A horror-mystery-thriller about murders in a small town. It's my personal favorite on this list but might be less Halloween-y than you're looking for.

Last is Shiki. A horror-thriller about vampires invading a small town. It's good although not great. The OVA's specials were amazingly brutal though.

• Like 2

JoJo's Bizzare adventure part 5 is airing right now. All the other parts have been great, it really itched my battle series scratch while still being made for an older audience unlike MHA, DBS, or Black Clover. I also love how creative all the battles and abilities are, nothing in this show ever falls into boring tropes and cliches. 

59 minutes ago, Geek said:

@Deadpulse already mentioned it but Soul Eater is decent and has a great Halloween art style and vibe. Although I'll mention it's 51 episodes so it can't be considered short.

When I was watching Soul Eater I had just finished watching through all of the dubbed Naruto pre and post Shippuden. It seemed short in comparison lol

• 2 weeks later...