2018 NFL Free Agency

Louis Friend

2 hours ago, Rockcity2 said:

Lol that's not how I remember it..

I remember spending a whole day digging up stuff to prove that pick...

I didn't see one mock or ne talk about Donald and if there was prolly cause I brought that up..they even did a forum mock a I was the first post and said Donald and got jumped about fairley the year before...no one knew we were losing such then..good stuff

You were an Ebron defender...that offsets being pro-Donald :P

16 hours ago, Rockcity2 said:

I didn't see one mock or ne talk about Donald and if there was prolly cause I brought that up..they even did a forum mock a I was the first post and said Donald and got jumped about fairley the year before...no one knew we were losing such then..good stuff

I remember several conversations about how it was unlikely we would be keeping both of them. Optimistically a lot of people wanted us to figure out a way to keep both guys on the roster. If that was successful, then Donald would have been a luxury pick. We lost both guys to FA in 2015. I would have expected that we would have lost Suh and kept Fairley. Maybe the aggressive pursuit of Suh led them to lose both.

Donald also had been criticized for being a bit undersized at the time. Not sure if that played a role in their decision not to draft him. It was definitely bad roster management on the Lions part and they turned a strength into a weakness.

Ebron felt like a way to placate Calvin who had been consistently double teamed. This was a guy that was supposed to stretch the field and make plays down the middle. I hated the pick at the time and just hoped that the logic being used to rationalize the pick would become the on-field reality.

Of course that didn't play out and now we get to talk about it.

21 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I remember several conversations about how it was unlikely we would be keeping both of them. Optimistically a lot of people wanted us to figure out a way to keep both guys on the roster. If that was successful, then Donald would have been a luxury pick. We lost both guys to FA in 2015. I would have expected that we would have lost Suh and kept Fairley. Maybe the aggressive pursuit of Suh led them to lose both.

Donald also had been criticized for being a bit undersized at the time. Not sure if that played a role in their decision not to draft him. It was definitely bad roster management on the Lions part and they turned a strength into a weakness.

Ebron felt like a way to placate Calvin who had been consistently double teamed. This was a guy that was supposed to stretch the field and make plays down the middle. I hated the pick at the time and just hoped that the logic being used to rationalize the pick would become the on-field reality.

Of course that didn't play out and now we get to talk about it.

Damn right it was mismanaged.. I didn't care if we did keep both...fairley was underperforming and had weight issues iirc plus often injured

Everyone back then was talking about cj needed to restructure blah blah

Personally even at the time I would of chose suh over Calvin 

I was pimping Donald before that yr even started

And said the same things I'm saying now...

20 minutes ago, Rockcity2 said:

Damn right it was mismanaged.. I didn't care if we did keep both...fairley was underperforming and had weight issues iirc plus often injured

Everyone back then was talking about cj needed to restructure blah blah

Personally even at the time I would of chose suh over Calvin 

I was pimping Donald before that yr even started

And said the same things I'm saying now...

I don't remember who said what at the time (and don't really care if I'm honest). These are just more of my general memories over the years. You're going to win some and lose some.

Agreed on Fairley although you have high hopes that your 1st round pick will perform as expected. It's hard to evaluate if they're battling injuries. There is the old saying "the best ability is availability".

I have zero issues with the team picking Calvin over Suh. They should have known that they wouldn't able to carry Suh, Calvin AND Stafford at hefty salaries. Not picking a guy as an eventual replacement was bad planning.

19 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

Pretty sure you've never said who you wanted at any point in any draft.

Pretty sure plenty of people were hoping for Donald (myself included).

I was about to say the guys I remember rallying for Donald were Nnivolcm, Jrugges and X-Factor.

18 hours ago, Rockcity2 said:

2vmubrs.png

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=532011&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

12 minutes ago, Rockcity2 said:

Keep digging bro

Haha I think it's your turn to try to back up your claim.

I am reading the thread for fun though. You mentioned you wanted a WR with size multiple times. I'd say Ebron fits that mold.

I think this is the thread you were talking about.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=545993

Odd that you're not in it, and a couple people, who weren't you, wanted Donald.

I know I jumped on the Donald bandwagon as the draft approached.  I remember arguing with friends on the golf course about how I wanted Donald but didn't think he would make it to us.

I honestly don't remember much of who wanted who in here over the years other than LK wanted AP. 

42 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

I am reading the thread for fun though. You mentioned you wanted a WR with size multiple times. I'd say Ebron fits that mold.

I liked Ebron 

We were talking about the first rd mostly..i didn't put Donald there bc no one else was...then he started his rise..by draft time he was my pick.

This is not the only thread I talked about donald.. I tried to talk myself out of it but couldn't 

Lol guess I was wrong on mack

1 hour ago, SimbaWho said:

I was about to say the guys I remember rallying for Donald were Nnivolcm, Jrugges and X-Factor.

I know that I liked generally in the draft - Gilbert, Roby, Ajayi. J. Matthews, Z. Martin, D. Adams, D. Carr. Didn't like the idea of taking yet ANOTHER DT but was open to it assuming we'd lose one of them.

Wasn't too fond of OBJ, Bridgewater, J. Landry, Ebron.

1 hour ago, Nnivolcm said:

The way you are about this type of stuff I know you remember me fighting with king1 about it...proving my point

Archived